News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Magic Feather

Notes about the Space 220 Lounge:
-It is a physical standby queue
-You are in the best shape to be seated quickly if you have a small group. Parties of 1 or 2 often get seated within 10-15 minutes. Parties of 3-4 a bit longer, and the number goes up exponentially from there.
-Wait times will also be shorter with no kids. While the standard tables can accommodate kids, only guests over 18 can sit at the bar, meaning wait times could be longer if the next seat available is a bar seat.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Walked up this morning at 10:00 am after riding Mission: Space. Got a reservation for 7:45 pm

Experience - Amazing
Service - Great
Food - Meh

Also, I had a picky eater with me. And she wasn’t allowed to get spaghetti from the kids meal because she’s an adult. You’d think that wouldn’t be an issue. Especially for 80 dollars per person.

Also... why do they put the silverware directly on the table????

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Walked up this morning at 10:00 am after riding Mission: Space. Got a reservation for 7:45 on.

Experience - Amazing
Service - Great
Food - Meh

Also, I had a picky eater with me. And she wasn’t allowed to get spaghetti from the kids meal because she’s an adult. You’d think that wouldn’t be an issue. Especially for 80 dollars per person.

Also... why do they put the silverware directly on the table????
On a side note, the food was good. Never got any refills. Loved the atmosphere.

6 out of 10 for me. Will never do again because of price. I believe we enjoyed the garden grill more than this. Plus it was endless food for a cheaper price.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Thats ashame… the disney restaurants didn’t used have a problem with that kind of substitution. Obviously this is 3P… but you hate to see differences exposed like that

UNCgolf

That's bizarre.

They should have been happy to make that substitution -- the person is paying the adult prix fixe price, and they'd be getting a smaller/cheaper item. That should be extra profit; I can't think of any good reason to refuse that substitution.

WondersOfLife

Thats ashame… the disney restaurants didn’t used have a problem with that kind of substitution. Obviously this is 3P… but you hate to see differences exposed like that
That's bizarre.

They should have been happy to make that substitution -- the person is paying the adult prix fixe price, and they'd be getting a smaller/cheaper item. That should be extra profit; I can't think of any good reason to refuse that substitution.
I'd be e-mailing guest relations. It should have been allowed.
I could be willing to bet that it may be possible that my server wasn’t trained/did not know if it was allowed. But I’m not certain on that since she seemed sure.

We’ll just stick to garden grill. I’m super glad we got to experience this restaurant. Super cool. But it’s definitely a one and done for us. The earth screen didn’t look as impressive as it does in the pictures. But I loved the “elevator” room scene

Notes from Neverland

Notes about the Space 220 Lounge:
-It is a physical standby queue
-You are in the best shape to be seated quickly if you have a small group. Parties of 1 or 2 often get seated within 10-15 minutes. Parties of 3-4 a bit longer, and the number goes up exponentially from there.
-Wait times will also be shorter with no kids. While the standard tables can accommodate kids, only guests over 18 can sit at the bar, meaning wait times could be longer if the next seat available is a bar seat.
Can verify all of us. Also worth adding the waits vary wildly for the lounge throughout the day. We waited about 80 minutes around 11am-12pm before having to leave the line to make our Remy boarding group. We came back about 2 hours later and waited 10 minutes, maybe less. Sat at the bar as a party of 2 adults.

WondersOfLife

Can verify all of us. Also worth adding the waits vary wildly for the lounge throughout the day. We waited about 80 minutes around 11am-12pm before having to leave the line to make our Remy boarding group. We came back about 2 hours later and waited 10 minutes, maybe less. Sat at the bar as a party of 2 adults.
We went on this instead of getting on Rat. Rat was broken down for most of yesterday so our group just kept getting pushed back and back and back until it was smack down in the middle of our dining time.

Another note: it took us 2 and a half hours from elevator entrance to elevator leaving. Very slow.

nickys

Premium Member
My friend wasnt hungry and wanted just a drink and they said he would have to leave the table to do just a drink...i ended up paying for a meal for him so he could stay with us.
The thing about prix fixe meals, AYCE meals and buffets at Disney is that this is standard practice. Otherwise it’s impossible to stop people sharing a meal.

It sucks when not everyone wants to eat, or even if someone cannot eat, but that’s why they use prix fixe menus.

MagicHappens1971

The thing about prix fixe meals, AYCE meals and buffets at Disney is that this is standard practice. Otherwise it’s impossible to stop people sharing a meal.

It sucks when not everyone wants to eat, or even if someone cannot eat, but that’s why they use prix fixe menus.
This is why I haven't made a reservation for this restaurant, I really want to experience it but don't really care of the menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom