Spa treatments

Stitch79

Hey guys! I decided to splurge a bit and get a head, neck, shoulder massage for myself and my bf on our trip next week at the GF spa. Has anyone had this or another treatment there? Was it worth the $? What are the tipping guidelines for the therapists? Most of all did you enjoy it?

Thanks!

I'm so excited!! Only 5 days left :sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Hey Stitch, I myself havent ever splurged the time or money to get a spa treatment, however one of my friends who just got back from Disney certainly did. She said it was wonderful and well worth the money!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hey stitch,

Mitzer just went to the spa when we were at WDW this past week. PM her and ask her about it. (are you all packed?):lol:

Pam

Upvote 0

CamCodey

Hi!

I just started P.T. for my neck injury and asked the therapist if a spa treatment at the GF would be covered by my insurance! :lol:

I think I'll actually call and ask on Monday! Ya never know!! :sohappy:

I had a session yesterday, today and then three more next week before we start our 17 hour drive THIS Thursday evening, May 15th!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Was told NO to ToT, though :brick:
BUT YES to Splash Mountain! I still have to ask if Test Track would be o.k., an iffy one.

Upvote 0

Katherine

Originally posted by CamCodey
Hi!

I just started P.T. for my neck injury and asked the therapist if a spa treatment at the GF would be covered by my insurance! :lol:

I think I'll actually call and ask on Monday! Ya never know!! :sohappy:

I had a session yesterday, today and then three more next week before we start our 17 hour drive THIS Thursday evening, May 15th!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Was told NO to ToT, though :brick:
BUT YES to Splash Mountain! I still have to ask if Test Track would be o.k., an iffy one.
Sorry to hear about the neck injury but at least something good s coming out of it... a ton of massages!:lol: Have fun in WDW!

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

All of the treatments at GF are great! And as far as tipping.. I believe that 20% is supposed to be the rule. And, I usually ask to get my things scheduled toward the end of the week, when all those sore muscles have fully developed.:lol: Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Pippa

I had a swedish massage at the GF spa and my fella had a sea salt body polish with a vichy shower, yes it was pricey but soooooooo worth it!

Upvote 0

darin2

I booked my wife for some type of massage and treatment next month during our visit. It cost around $85 plus they add some type of fee to the bill which I believe includes tip. The total cost was just over $100

Darin

Upvote 0

Mitzer

Originally posted by Stitch79
Hey guys! I decided to splurge a bit and get a head, neck, shoulder massage for myself and my bf on our trip next week at the GF spa. Has anyone had this or another treatment there? Was it worth the $? What are the tipping guidelines for the therapists? Most of all did you enjoy it?

Thanks!

I'm so excited!! Only 5 days left :sohappy:

Stitch:

I just got back from Disney and did a 55 minute massage and a basic facial. My total bill was $170.00, but I just gave them $200.00 and told them to split the remainder as my tipping. I think my bill for the massage was $105.00...so about a $10-$20 tip is good. The girl that I was fortunate to get was Tamara. She was fantastic. If you can, call ahead and ask for her. I have had several massages at the Spa at the GF over the years and I think she is the best yet. She was very good, I came out feeling extremely relaxed and refreshed, but not sore in the least. I have had massages in the past here in Atlanta, where I swear I feel like I had a Chiropratic adjustment :( . This was not the experience with her. I still feel relaxed and good, and I had mine done on the 4th....so 8 days ago. I just couldn't say enough good about her, she is the best up there! I hope you enjoy your visit. The facility is great and if I can, I will post a photo of the therapy rooms. They were nice enough to let me photograph the entire spa.

Have a great experience and trip....

Mitzer :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom