Souvenier Seekers

LucyK

I bake and do a lot of cooking and my favorite kind of souvenirs are kitchen related stuff. Measuring cups and spoons, spatulas, salt and pepper containers, you name it, I've probably bought it.

I'm trying to pace myself nowadays because it's not like I need four different styles of S&P shakers but I still buy one or two pieces per park.

cub21rak

We went for the first time this past New Years week and I ment to buy, but didn't get, a snowglobe. But luckily my cousin is going in march and can get me one. I decided to start collecting snowglobes from trips we take.
Also I hadn't seen any mention this idea, and at the risk of sounding cheap, but we had gotten a hand full of our items at Walmart. We each got a shirt, got Mickey head band ears for the girls, magnets, frames, and picture holders.

Greg Eng

Favorite place to shop is Mouse Gears at Epcot or Main St. Emporium at the Magic Kingdom. Mouse Gears has just about anything you could be looking for. From toys to clothing, there's something there for everyone.

Graham9

Chocolates. We always buy souvenirs at the end of the trip, by which time the money has been long spent. Besides, coming from a fussy family, it's always hard to know what to get everyone...and stuff is so expensive. So it's various boxes of chocolates all round. Besides, that's the only thing we have room for in the suitcase.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Favorite place to shop is MouseGear - for EPCOT related merch, of course!

I have a massive EPCOT Center merch collection, but the majority of it was purchased via eBay. That stuff is definitely cool. My favorite thing I've ever purchased in the parks, though? I can't decide between my Figment holiday plushes and the Alien Encounter S.I.R./Alien/Skippy action figure pack. :p

rob0519

My wife and daughters buy a t-shirt to wear each trip. Our son usually gets a hawaian type shirt and I buy a baseball cap. Other than that, we get one personalized ornament at the Christmas store in DTD and then normally buy something at the Art of Disney. We have several large framed prints and a replica of the Black Pear that we've purchased in recent years. The selection of dinnerware (plates, bowls and cups) has been increasingly disappointing though. We still have a set of 4 Winne the Pool cereal bowls that are in constant use.

JillC LI

My favorite souvenir is the little silver Mickey earrings that my 12 year old son bought me when I wasn't' looking and gave to me as a thank you when we returned from a surprise holiday trip to WDW. I tear up just thinking about how sweet he was to spend his own long-saved souvenir money buying them for me.

images

Jum, jummy :D

micky-mouse-ears-hat.jpg

Every trip a new one :D

And loads of pins, which I buy on and off my trip! :)

- EnchantedMouse

durangojim

Mine have been the extra large WL totem pole statue, as well as a set of WL furniture that's in my son's room, and an old style EPCOT Center guide map that is a wheel from my first visit in 1984. From DL it's probably my set of Tiki mugs from Trader Sam's and a print we bought there.

Also all the prizes when I won the million points at Who Wants to be a Millionaire at MGM on 1/1/2002 (pins, hat, jacket, medallion).

Last edited:

backinaction

Does anyone know when they usually have the Halloween shirts/merchandise out? Also is there any place that sells swimming trunks there? Thanks. :)
basically as soon as the party starts. We went to the last part last year on Nov. 1 and they were COMPLETELY OUT OF ALL HALLOWEEN MERCH! We were so upset and so were the thousands of other people at the party who paid 60 something extra dollars to get in that night and wanted nothing more then to drop another 25 on a cheap t-shirt. I cant tell you how many times i heard " do you have any halloween t-shirts" thats night. you can also find them on ebay

Cmdr_Crimson

basically as soon as the party starts. We went to the last part last year on Nov. 1 and they were COMPLETELY OUT OF ALL HALLOWEEN MERCH! We were so upset and so were the thousands of other people at the party who paid 60 something extra dollars to get in that night and wanted nothing more then to drop another 25 on a cheap t-shirt. I cant tell you how many times i heard " do you have any halloween t-shirts" thats night. you can also find them on ebay

Oddly they had 2013 halloween merch being sold at the Character warehouse on Vineland ave outlet mall not nearly 2 weeks ago...

pumpkin7

While I like the mouse ears styles over the years....I am waiting for the 70's style version to make a comeback..I had this version in Blue and I wish they'd bring it back..
dbd83f1be504b9c4b61fd6756eff3f1f.jpg

Those are much nicer than the current 'caps'. I'm not sure why they don't add the ears onto a baseball cap or something. They'd look much nicer.

gostone23

Mugs, T-shirts, haunted mansion and Pirates themed merch. I really love the location themed merchandise. I used to have the refillable mugs themed to the different hotels we stayed at on property. Those were the days.

I guess i prefer stuff that expresses the location a bit. Ride shirts, etc...

-robert

steamboatjosh

Okay, so it isn't a souvenir but I am definitely getting this freakin' amazing t-shirt that throws back to my childhood Disney days and I am wearing it to Hollywood Studios on our Disneymoon.

10088980_hi

Minnie1976

I really enjoy wearing my chamillia bracelet with all the Disney charms, each one is special. The little trolls from Norway. They are so ugly they are cute. I have Disney pins(change them up on my work ID), t-shirts, a Mickey Mouse jacket I bought in 2007 that I wear a lot during winter, watches(most are so old they don't work anymore), my Minnie Mouse coffee cup. I enjoy each trip wearing my Minnie ears cap I bought 3 years ago. I recently had a "Tigger Is That You" t-shirt that was wearing out and had the design cut out and sewed onto another T- shirt. I'll be wearing it in a week on our trip. I have a t-shirt from when the GF 1st opened that husband bought me. The lady said it was too worn to do the same thing with. A huge fancy umbrella that husband brought from another trip. He went on conventions and I had to stay home. Yuck!!!

I have kept and enjoy t-shirts and hats that were bought for the boys years ago. It is cute pulling them out for the grandchildren to wear.

Oh, how could I forgot all the Christmas ornaments we have been buying for years.

AdventureHasAName

A year ago, when I was in WDW, I went searching everywhere for a simple pin with the original Future World attraction logos. I would have settled for any of them, but in particular, I wanted a Horizons logo pin. Most of the kids manning the kiosks didn't even know what Horizons was; it was depressing.

Horizons%2001.gif

They could have put this on a pin and basically named their asking price. Instead, they left money on the table. Sometimes, I just don't understand Disney. There are literally hundreds of pins in these stores that I can't imagine anyone would ever buy, but nobody ever said "hmm, maybe we should just make some with logos on it"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom