Southern California Eats

Rich T

There’s no way The Habit is better than In-N-Out. The only thing they do better is shakes.
Habit shakes are the best. Good onion rings, too. The trick to Habit for me is ordering the cheeseburger without the "sauce". I don't know what that stuff is, but it adds a sour taste that I don't like at all.

I love In n' Out's atmosphere, design, and employees--The experience is usually great... but I always find the food very bland-tasting. Is it just me?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Habit shakes are the best. Good onion rings, too. The trick to Habit for me is ordering the cheeseburger without the "sauce". I don't know what that stuff is, but it adds a sour taste that I don't like at all.

I love In n' Out's atmosphere, design, and employees--The experience is usually great... but I always find the food very bland-tasting. Is it just me?

I like the sauce at The Habit, and I love their ranch.

My food has never been bland at In-N-Out. The fries are not what we Americans are used to (freshly cut onsite and cooked), however the only thing I need on mine is salt and I’m good to go. Animal style makes them even better. But that’s just me.🤷🏾‍♀️

Rich T

One thing I dislike at both In n' Out AND Habit is the use of lettuce. Habit uses shredded lettuce that gets all over the place and tastes like nothing, while EVERY TIME I go to In n' Out my burger has, like, a humongous two-inch thick wedge of lettuce stuck into it.

Rich T

My food has never been bland at In-N-Out. The fries are not what we Americans are used to (freshly cut onsite and cooked), however the only thing I need on mine is salt and I’m good to go. Animal style makes them even better. But that’s just me.🤷🏾‍♀️
Others in my family love In n' Out, and the one in my county in N. Cal has a twenty-car line at the drive-through most of the day, so I'm definitely missing something. Maybe it's the oil I don't like; I don't care for Five Guys fries, either.

mickEblu

It’s sometimes bland. I’ve recently found myself asking them to add light mustard.

mickEblu

Habit Ranch > then all other ranch. I dip their great onion rings in there.

Mac Tonight

Hook Burger > The Habit

Frankly, I wouldn't compare them with In N Out either tbh.
Different experiences and different motivations for going.

There's a reason In N Out is open until 1-1:30am and the Habit closes
around 10. Deliciously bad choices are made with In N Out :)

mickEblu

I’ll tell you I’m enjoying this 1/4 pounder more than the nasty BBQ i spent $200 on last night. Bear Pit sucked.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I just had a quarter pounder with cheese and all I can say is wow, McDonalds is stepping it up.

And yes don’t Judge me please. I also had McDonalds yesterday. Clearly, I’m going through something.

Hey, Mickey D’s is a California invention, so it’s all good.

McDonald’s was my favorite as a kid. While I don’t enjoy it as much now, I do occasionally stop by every once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom