(South) UK Meet Planning

ogryn

Original Poster
Hi all,

Barnum42 and I are planning a meet up at Thorpe Park this year, and we were wondering if anybody else was interesting in coming to make it a proper WDWMagic UK Meet?

We were planning sometime in the off-season (small queues, and low chav-count).

For those that don't know, Thorpe Park has expended massively in the last few years after being taken over by Tussauds. Here's some of it's rides:

Stealth - New for 2006
Europe's tallest and fastest launched coaster.
stealth4.jpg

Nemesis:Inferno
B&M Inverted Coaster - Short but packs a punch
nemesis5.jpg

Colossus
The World's only coaster with 10 inversions
colossus5.jpg

Slammer
The world's second Sky Swat (The one in Texas, is in pieces after the park was shut-down, I think)
slammer1.jpg

Rush
A giant air-powered swing
rush1.jpg

Tidal Wave
"What goes up, must come down"... on you!
tidal_wave3.jpg

If you're interested, we can discuss dates here or via PM :wave:

MouseMadness

I'd come if I could :lookaroun I'm actually hoping we can make it to... *cough, wheeze* Cedar Point. :hurl:

:lol: Fun coasters, though. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

(South) UK Meet Planning

And what, exactly, is wrong with inviting "Northerners" - Afraid that the pigeons might get in the way, or are you guys likely to be upset by us from the fashion leading north in our flat caps. BTW do they sell mushy peas down south

Or does the title mean that all are invited - we're meeting in the south :animwink:

ogryn

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
(South) UK Meet Planning

And what, exactly, is wrong with inviting "Northerners" - Afraid that the pigeons might get in the way, or are you guys likely to be upset by us from the fashion leading north in our flat caps. BTW do they sell mushy peas down south

Or does the title mean that all are invited - we're meeting in the south :animwink:

The latter ;)

All are welcome :wave: (says the scared Southern "Softie" :lookaroun )

SteveUK

I'm one of the unpopular breed of southerners that defected to the north in search of sensible property prices.

I think that means I am hated by both groups now, the southerners think I am a traitor, and the northerners think I am a rich southern git stealing their houses.

Do I get to play anyway?

barnum42

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Wouldn't Alton Towers (as a more central location) be better for both us northerners and you southerners ?
But it does not have the new toy. Meeting up to play on the new super fast vertical blast coaster is what prompted the thread. Og figured that as long as he and I are going to meet up, lets throw it open to the rest of the gang.

Shaman

So is Steve going? :lookaroun

:p

(for the record I would go if the pond were a little smaller)

Have fun! :wave:

dandaman

Always wanted to go to Europe... almost strictly for the parks. :lol:

Been following Stealth's construction on a different site... looks the same as Xcelerator at Knott's, IMO.

(Then again, I've never been to Knott's.

I really wish my family actually liked coasters, then we might actually go somewhere else besides Cedar Point! :lol: )

ogryn

Original Poster
dandaman said:
Always wanted to go to Europe... almost strictly for the parks. :lol:

Been following Stealth's construction on a different site... looks the same as Xcelerator at Knott's, IMO.

(Then again, I've never been to Knott's.

I really wish my family actually liked coasters, then we might actually go somewhere else besides Cedar Point! :lol: )

Think of it more of a half-size Kingda Ka :wave:

Now when I say half-size, that is still the biggest coaster in Europe. They don't usually build them tall over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom