South American tour groups now on property in big numbers

BrerFrog

Brazilian CM's are great. :king: Non-Disney, my Ohio daughter went for an "informational" interview with a (new to the hospital she works for) brain surgeon from Brazil. She said he was very nice and asked her to be his secretary.:) Tour Groups, I was young once.;) As some have posted, some(many?) of our own American groups of young people are worse.:eek:

Thanks, on behalf of all Brazilian CMs. :D

As I said on another thread, I think Brazil gets the "credit" because most of the tour groups come from here, but if you group a bunch of teenagers together there will be chaos regardless of the place where they come from. It is only natural.

Imagine the line at the fastpass booth as 100 people stand there feeding their card thru!!

They actually don't do that. The Tour Leaders personally go to the FP Machines with a big stack of entry tickets and feed those to the machine one by one. So if you see someone with a flag on a FP machine, run to the next one, because you will be waiting for a long time. :lol:

Brian Noble

Do they know how ignorant and disrepctful they sound when they are doing their little chants?
As I said, I kind of like it. It reminds me of watching the Brazilian fans samba down University Avenue in Palo Alto, towards Stanford Stadium for the two group matches they played there during the '94 World Cup. Good times!

tirian

Thanks, on behalf of all Brazilian CMs. :D

As I said on another thread, I think Brazil gets the "credit" because most of the tour groups come from here, but if you group a bunch of teenagers together there will be chaos regardless of the place where they come from. It is only natural.

That's true, and it's the reason all the "Brazilian Tour Group" comments really aren't racist. Nobody is angry that Brazilians are in WDW; everyone gets annoyed with the large groups of loud, chanting, cheering, neon-wearing teenagers hollering in the Haunted Mansion, jumping out of attraction vehicles, and chanting through the Soarin' queue.

It could be any group of people—these just happen to be Brazilian. :ROFLOL:

dave&di

Yes, they're all gone by September... I don't think I've ever seen a tour group of any kind during Sept.!?!

Cool, thanks :) To answer about 'hate' I have nothing against South Americans, I do dislike a big crowd of people who run around like they are the only people there and being rude and arrogant. I don't care where they came from.

misterID

Im not fully convinced its all negative

1322526082_63ba214c83.jpg

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen some pretty great stuff over the years. Especially around pools and the water parks.

It's just the dudes on their tours who ruin everything.

LoriSue

What REALLY grates on me is that incessant chanting.. completely ruined Fantasmic pre-show, well behaved is definitely not how I would have described what we had to endure last year... We don't have a lot of flexibility in our schedule due to jobs but we will have to look at alternate arrangements if we have a repeat of last year:(

Silentkink

I see everyone here saying "just don't go to Disney in July and you will be fine," but what about people with kids who are in school every month except for July and August. So what about these families who have to deal with these tour groups what would you say to these people? To give my two cents and this I would have to say I find them very annoying and in fact they were creating so much noise and annoying everyone before the first showing of Fantasmic! a few years ago they kicked them out and made them go to the second show. I am not just talking about the ones from Brazil anyone that is annoying I will tell them that they are being rude and annoying. So yeah just my two cents, but if I see a lot of these tour groups when I leave in 4 days I will report back and how annoying and rude they were.

Went in2007 in July at ASMusic. Never again. Ket us up all hours of the night. Skinny dipping in the pool, throwing eggs, playing soccer along Broadway 1 to 3 in the morning. Knocked my daughter over in the food court. Running in out of rooms half naked. Neve again in July:mad:

Mr Toad

Anytime you get a large number of teens together (brazilian or not), they are sure to annoy. That said, we have our problems with Brazilian teen tour groups.

CamiLyn227

I am going to WDW in 14 days. I went last year at the exact same time. They dont bother me at the parks but if they are around the resort horsing around that irritates me. Hope they are not at WL!!! :)

KingoftheMooner

Not all teen groups are like this. My band went to disney a few years ago (stayed off site) and most are ok (some people were clapping and singing move it, move it every where which is preatty annoying)

autigger

Do these groups tend to thin out in late July?:(

The answer to this would be heck no! The groups are out in force.

My only problems with the huge touring groups are that Disney needs to do a better job managing this:

1) Castmembers need to be more assertive when groups are all lying on the floor in waiting areas, which prevents crowds from entering attractions. For example, there was a huge tour group laying/sleeping on the floor in the preshow area of The Voyage of The Little Mermaid. There was not enough room for people to enter the preshow area. The castmembers did nothing.

2) Disney should not let someone obtain more than a reasonable number of fastpasses at one time. Frequently, guests obtain fastpasses for their entire party (I would always get a fastpass of all four members of my family), but the number should have a reasonable limit. A tour group guide should not be permitted to obtain hundreds of fast passes at one time. This is obnoxious and defeats the purpose of fastpass entirely.

JenShelby

I have never had any real problems with them in the park, I usually see them but never been in any lines with them. We had MAJOR problems with them at our hotel (ASMovies)! Running up and down the outside halls all hours of the night, leaning over the ralls and screaming for their friends in the rooms below. At 3am my daughter was awaken and started crying b/c this scared her. I went out and confronted them. Of course they ran off screaming No English! I went to the front desk the next morning and asked about the quite hours that are posted throughout the resort??? Why are these groups still swimming in the middle of the night making noise? Why are these groups allowed to have their doors propped open and chanting all hours of the night??? The only response I got was that I could find the adult leader and ask them to keep it down. ????? I was not happy with that response so when we returned I emailed Disney a long letter. I told them I was not writing this letter wanting anything. I simply did not want another family to have to go thru what we did. I received a nice letter back about a month later with a follow up telephone call. I received four 3 day hopper passes that do not expire until the year 2030. I also received 2 free night stay at any AStar resort. There were other issues as in AC was broke in our room, toliet was stopped up and never got fixed for a day, etc, but the big problem was the tour groups and the lack of respect they showed for the other guest.

Future Guy

1) Castmembers need to be more assertive when groups are all lying on the floor in waiting areas, which prevents crowds from entering attractions. For example, there was a huge tour group laying/sleeping on the floor in the preshow area of The Voyage of The Little Mermaid. There was not enough room for people to enter the preshow area. The castmembers did nothing.

I can tell you that if anybody's using a preshow area for nappy time when I'm there this weekend, my size-13 feet are going to be stepping on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom