Soup in Bread Bowl?

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
It seems to me that I read that someplace serves soup in a bread bowl. But searching the menus, now I can't find it. I'm thinking it was possibly Beach Club Marketplace, but I'm not sure-it's just that we're staying there next week, so maybe I was hoping. Anyways, it sounded really good. Does anyone know where I can get soup in a bread bowl?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Min and Bills Dockside Diner (Hollywood Studios) used to have them. But, looking at the current menu, it appears they have been removed...

Eddie Garrison

It's not in a park but I could've swore the African Stew at Mara in Animal Kingdom Lodge came in a bread bowl.

Other than, I can't recall the last tie I saw a bread bowl soup offering at Disney. I recall some at Downtown Disney before Disney Springs and at The Studios ... But I think those locations either are gone or no longer offer it.

Interested to see if anyone has seen or had it recently.

Goofyque'

Min and Bills Dockside Diner (Hollywood Studios) used to have them. But, looking at the current menu, it appears they have been removed...
It is usually seasonal at Min and Bills. Very good, last time I had the clam chowder and it was excellent! Keep looking, once it gets cool.

Pleakley

Les Halles in Epcot serves their lobster bisque and seasonal soup in a bread bowl. It's very good! And very close to the BC.

The Boardwalk Bakery may have bread bowls as well, but don't quote me.

Schneewittchen

Les Halles in Epcot serves their lobster bisque and seasonal soup in a bread bowl. It's very good! And very close to the BC.

Lobster bisque in a bread bowl sounds divine. I make my ADR's next week. I might have to rethink my EPCOT plans.

mouse_luv

Les Halles has Vichyssoise in a bread bowl. That's about all I know of or could find. The African Stew at AKL mentioned earlier is not served in a bread bowl but rather over basmati rice.
The clam chowders and lobster soups mentioned earlier are also not served in a bread bowl.

Simba's Mom

Original Poster

OMG, that sounds delicious! Is Les Halles the French Bakery (I think it used to be called Boulangerie Pastrie)?

Jon81uk

This might not help, but the Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley at Universal Studios does a lamb, beef and Guinness stew that comes in a bread bowl.

Phonedave

Les Halles has Vichyssoise in a bread bowl.
Holy amount of starch

That's about all I know of or could find. The African Stew at AKL mentioned earlier is not served in a bread bowl but rather over basmati rice.
The clam chowders and lobster soups mentioned earlier are also not served in a bread bowl.

I remeber reading somewhere that WDW got rid of most of it's bread bowl offerings. Apparently a lot of people were not eating them (the whole low carb and/or gluten free craze). They would find many of them left over, so they just went with bowls.

-dave

Pleakley

OMG, that sounds delicious! Is Les Halles the French Bakery (I think it used to be called Boulangerie Pastrie)?

Yes, it moved next door, into the very back. The old bakery space is now occupied by Artisan des Glaces, an ice cream shop. I am a huge advocate for both!

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
Yes, it moved next door, into the very back. The old bakery space is now occupied by Artisan des Glaces, an ice cream shop. I am a huge advocate for both!

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try there. I suspect the place I was thinking of was Min and Bill's in Hollywood Studios. I was just hoping it was Beach Club Marketplace because of the clam chowder (or for us New Englanders, "Chowdah") and because that's where we're staying so I'd hoped. But Epcot WS is close so...

Pleakley

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try there. I suspect the place I was thinking of was Min and Bill's in Hollywood Studios. I was just hoping it was Beach Club Marketplace because of the clam chowder (or for us New Englanders, "Chowdah") and because that's where we're staying so I'd hoped. But Epcot WS is close so...

Ha yeah I'm a New Englander too! The Disney QS chowder is actually better than I expected. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom