Sounds Dangerous

mayoki

It amazes me that with the catalog of franchises and characters available to disney/ABC/ESPN/Etc., they can't make a better tv/movie studio park. I even liked it when it was a working studio, it added a sense of "cool" for me.

Sounds dangerous is good for a quick nap...that's about it.

Since1976

After a 12 year absence, I returned to WDW for my honeymoon with my never-been-to-Disney-before bride in 2002.

Her first ride at Epcot ever? Journey into Your Imagination with Figment.

Her first attraction at MK ever? Alien Encounter. Not a bad ride, really, but not really representative of the typical Disney experience either.

Her first attraction at MGM? Sounds Dangerous.

Yeah, these attractions were new to me at the time too, but in retrospect, I see I totally bombed as a first-timer's tour guide.

I'd volunteer to operate the bulldozer that knocks Sounds Dangerous to the ground.

dxwwf3

After a 12 year absence, I returned to WDW for my honeymoon with my never-been-to-Disney-before bride in 2002.

Her first attraction at MK ever? Alien Encounter. Not a bad ride, really, but not really representative of the typical Disney experience either.

...in retrospect, I see I totally bombed as a first-timer's tour guide.

No kidding! You always are supposed to save the best for LAST :animwink:

ToTBellHop

Her first ride at Epcot ever? Journey into Your Imagination with Figment.

Her first attraction at MGM? Sounds Dangerous.

Yeah, these attractions were new to me at the time too, but in retrospect, I see I totally bombed as a first-timer's tour guide.

I'd volunteer to operate the bulldozer that knocks Sounds Dangerous to the ground.
so you last went to WDW in 1990 before a 2002 return, and your first attraction was Sounds Dangerous? I would've thought for sure you'd make a mad dash down Sunset Blvd. toward the Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...

Heck...you wouldn't have even seen Splash Mountain at the MK yet...or Test Track at Epcot...interesting choices...

tomm4004

On my first visit to WDW in Feb '86 we went to EPCOT first and rode Horizons and World of Motion. I was hooked. Then we rode Mexico. Then we went to MK and went on Jungle Cruise. I knew then that I would be a life-long fan.

Since1976 - at AK, did you go to Dinorama first? As for your choices, there's nothing wrong with starting off at the bottom and working your way up the ladder.

flFigment

I always wonder why this attraction was removed. Does anyone know?

I only saw it once but really enjoyed it. I don't know if people got tired of the show, too expensive, contract issues

I completely agree
I have never really received a true answer on why it was pulled out there are rumors of too expensive, not enough atendance whatever to that one.

The thing that really bugs me is that you really can not see Esmerelda or Quasi anywhere in the parks very rarely.

you figure that an animated film that took in 323 million dollars (1996) would have some place in the park.

pazapalooza

Maybe it was just me, but I always thought that the headphones were either unsanitary or (by the latter 2000s) getting quickly outdated.

I betcha sounds dangerous would have been cooler with 5.1 surround sound.

Briar_Rose

We saw Sounds Dangerous once 3 years ago. It was cute, and I do not feel that it was a waste of time, but I don't have a strong desire to see it again. Showcasing sound effects is a great idea, but there are so many more interesting and up-to-date ways of going about it.

MGM seems to have lost its way. It is definately my least favorite WDW park. TOT is an amazing attraction, I love Fantasmic (even if it isn't as good as DLR's) and MuppetVision 3D, I like GMR and StarTours (although it really needs a new film), and I am excited to take DD to Playhouse Disney Live. The rest to me is either just OK or terrible. RNR is too short and not as good as Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion. The stageshows are a bit cheesy and the stuntshows do not have repeatability. The place desparately needs family rides. I am a bit disappointed that Toystory Midway Mania (or whatever they are calling it now) is the next big ride they are building. If they are going to insist on building an upgraded Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, they could have at least had the decency to give it a theme other than Toystory. It seems like a cost-cutting measure to me- DCA was getting it so lets just clone it and stick it in MGM since it really needs a family ride.

I want more attractions that really teach you about moviemaking or put you into the movies/TV shows, while still being entertaining. You do not need a working studio to achieve this. Not all attractions have to fit this category but there should be a better balance than there is now, and the current attractions that fit this category are pretty pathetic. Also, there are way too many shows and not enough interactivity.

WDWGuy

7) Remove Pocahontas from Fantasmic! and replace it with a giant pirate ship like Disneyland's version, but use the Pirates of the Caribbean characters

Unfortunately, there is not enough room for two ships behind Fantasmic! mountain here in Walt Disney World. This will not happen. If they do drop Pocahontas, it will have to be for a sequence utilizing the stage much like Poca does now...

We'll see...

mhead

Someone said recently that DCA was becoming MGM-West.

The way MGM is declining, I think it's becoming DCA East. We will know for sure when they open the tortilla factory.

Gotta tell ya - MGM became our favorite park when it opened in 89 and it still is. All these comments about how it is rarely crowded just blow me away as we have never been when it was not very crowded and we have never left the park before closing!

Funny you should mention the tortillia factory - one of our favorite things from DCA!!! I would be all for it if they opened one! Of course we have only been to DCA once and well - overall it blew.

mayoki

Gotta tell ya - MGM became our favorite park when it opened in 89 and it still is. All these comments about how it is rarely crowded just blow me away as we have never been when it was not very crowded and we have never left the park before closing!

Funny you should mention the tortillia factory - one of our favorite things from DCA!!! I would be all for it if they opened one! Of course we have only been to DCA once and well - overall it blew.

Favorite? Really? Seriously? Is there some area that I have missed repeatedly over the past several years?

I'm mostly kidding of course, diff'rent strokes and all, but I haven't met too many that proclaim MGM as their favorite. MGM has recently been demoted on my visit itenerary from 3/4 day to 1/2 day.

imamouse

I'd love to see an attraction based on the Incredibles at DS. I also enjoy the Streetmosphere performances - very much! I also love the overall theme of DS, and of course ToT and RnRC. Other than those few things, it's just a pretty place to people watch.

twirl2378

I think Disney should just put a new Disney Channel Show in one of the sound stages.
1) They could have the backlot tour though the sound Stage & it would attract all the tweens and teens to come and try to view the show.
2) You have empty sound stages and if you just higher the talent from Florida you'd probably be spending the same amount that they do in California.
3)What's the worst the show can do, bomb! They only make the contract for like 3 seasons worth of shows so they can dump the show after it's run and replace it with another tween show.
4) I want a decent backlot tour!!! I've heard it used to be amazing. They took away my Golden Girls house and Adventure in Wonderland house too and now they have the costume department and that's it.

Drew Carey is funny comedian but in Sounds Dangerous because you can't see him for like half the show, it loose most of the humor. I think replacing it with more Drew Carey or a new attraction would be an upgrade.

Bring back the fun of the movies !!! :sohappy:

mayoki

4) I want a decent backlot tour!!! I've heard it used to be amazing. They took away my Golden Girls house and Adventure in Wonderland house too and now they have the costume department and that's it.

Bring back the fun of the movies !!! :sohappy:

It was a great tour. One year we went through where Wheel of Fortune had just been taping, saw the inside of a jet they used to film parts of passenger 57, the "neigborhood" was awesome... and the bottom line is you actually saw a working studio.

In fact, there used to be a great bar call the "catwalk" that was above a counter service rest. called Studio Catering that was frequented by animators and others that worked there. It was a great place to hang out for a few hours late in the afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom