Sounds Dangerous Closed During Star Wars Weekends

wickedfan07

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I was just looking at the official WDW calendar and this popped up:

Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [May 31, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 1, 2007 to June 3, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 7, 2007 to June 10, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 14, 2007 to June 17, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 21, 2007 to June 24, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 28, 2007 to June 30, 2007]

At first I thought it was totally random, but then I realized that the closures were for every Thursday throuh Sunday in June...aka Star Wars Weekends. What do they do in that theater during star Wars Weekends? Why don't they use another empty theater instead of interrupting normal operations? Anybody have any info? (Sorry if this was already posted.)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
One would guess that this may be a staffing issue, perhaps the CMs who work here look rather fetching in Stormtroopers outfits, or will be manning the veritable plethora of star wars related booths in that vicinity?

RIGHT

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hi everyone. I was just looking at the official WDW calendar and this popped up:

Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [May 31, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 1, 2007 to June 3, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 7, 2007 to June 10, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 14, 2007 to June 17, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 21, 2007 to June 24, 2007]
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey: Closed [June 28, 2007 to June 30, 2007]

At first I thought it was totally random, but then I realized that the closures were for every Thursday throuh Sunday in June...aka Star Wars Weekends. What do they do in that theater during star Wars Weekends? Why don't they use another empty theater instead of interrupting normal operations? Anybody have any info? (Sorry if this was already posted.)

Anything that closes Sounds Dangerous is good in my book - and I'm not even a Star Wars fan.

Hochmania

The reason it will be closed is because they are using the building for meet-n-greets for characters. Last year it was used to meet-n-greet Jedi Mickey. I imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

ToTBellHop

I would imagine it's because all of the other open theatres are outside. Of MGM's few indoor theatre shows, this is the least popular, so it's the logical choice.

askmike1

Why don't they use another empty theater instead of interrupting normal operations? Anybody have any info? (Sorry if this was already posted.)

As someone said earlier, they usually have a fairly elaborate meet and greet set up in there. ABC Theater (former home to Doug & Super Star TV) is also used during SWW.

raven

What do they do in that theater during star Wars Weekends? Why don't they use another empty theater instead of interrupting normal operations? Anybody have any info? (Sorry if this was already posted.)

I know that the ABC theatre stage is used for a community theatre company. I'm pretty sure the theatre company is ran by Disney but not 100%. I don't know their schedule but I imagine that maybe what's going on. I believe they perform Thursdays through Sundays certain times of the year in this theatre.

bartman454

If its anything like previous years Sounds Dangerous is being used for Jedi Mickey and ABC Theatre is being used for behind the scenes movies and interviews with the celebs. The ABC Theatre is used for damn near every special event in the world but no day to day show

mkepcotmgmak

I know that the ABC theatre stage is used for a community theatre company. I'm pretty sure the theatre company is ran by Disney but not 100%. I don't know their schedule but I imagine that maybe what's going on. I believe they perform Thursdays through Sundays certain times of the year in this theatre.

i wonder if it's the same company that used to use the diamond horseshoe on certain nights out of the month... i believe it wasn't a disney sponsored deal, but was a troupe of actors that were CMs - and maybe their friends/family?

mkepcotmgmak

If its anything like previous years Sounds Dangerous is being used for Jedi Mickey and ABC Theatre is being used for behind the scenes movies and interviews with the celebs. The ABC Theatre is used for damn near every special event in the world but no day to day show

it's also used a lot for high school band competitions throughout the year... it's used quite a bit - just not a lot going on there that's advertised to the park Guests...

Peter Mayhew and Chewie will be there in a few days... ;)

raven

i wonder if it's the same company that used to use the diamond horseshoe on certain nights out of the month... i believe it wasn't a disney sponsored deal, but was a troupe of actors that were CMs - and maybe their friends/family?

Yes, this is the company I am talking about. I was just talking about this last night actually with another theatre friend of mine who now works at Innoventions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom