Sound Lion now closed at Disney Springs

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is this the sign of things to come across the landing and town center areas?
No I don't think so. The vast majority of locations at Disney Springs are the highest performing in the respective brand's portfolio. Just being at Disney Springs doesn't guarantee success though, some stores are just not going to work. This was one of them and struggled right from the start.

Jahona

I stopped by the store in July 2015 and was shocked at the selection they had and the ability to preview headphones before buying. From the selection I looked at the headphones were priced at standard MSRP or a bit under. I really didn't see a pair of headphones that were marked up past what they really should have been.

WDWFanDave

I stopped by the store in July 2015 and was shocked at the selection they had and the ability to preview headphones before buying. From the selection I looked at the headphones were priced at standard MSRP or a bit under. I really didn't see a pair of headphones that were marked up past what they really should have been.
Agreed - and I bought some there - really nice folks, and I think they even gave us a discount for DVC or Passholder. I was surprised they were there, and it only worked for me as I happened to have been shopping for some new headphones.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Who had "Sound Lion" in the first to fail pool?

Who knew "Sound Lion" existed? I had to look it up on the map and realize I must have passed it a dozen times.

Anyway, this wasn't a pop-up store... it opened Feb 13 2015.

AndrewsJ

Pretty much everywhere has an over abundance of these types of places. Not too many people are going to pay resort markup on already over priced non essential items.
There wasn't a resort markup. Most of the national and international chains at Disney Springs use MSR pricing.

Next Big Thing

Wouldn't surprise me.

Also, Erwin Pearl had to be on the list of shops going away. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in there.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Erwin Pearl go, but most of the stuff is really expensive, so they likely don't need to sell as much as other stores in order to cover rent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom