News Sosa Family Cigar Co. to permanently close at Disney Springs

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Always seemed busy when I was there. Never got to spend a lot of time inside and enjoy a cigar.

I wonder if the closure was the tenant's choice or the Disney's. Given the changes made to the DTD/Springs made in the past decade, this seemed like a relic of the past compared to the "hip/young/affluent" image the Springs has been going for.

Cmdr_Crimson

Nothing screams Disney than the thing that took him..
t3lss.gif

Drdcm

I always thought it was a strange choice for Disney, but it’s always sad to see things go that people enjoy. Hopefully they replace it with something spectacular.

mf1972

i’m not a smoker, but i kind of enjoyed the smell while walking past the store. my wife hated it & won’t miss it. for a store that’s been there a long time, it’s a shame that it’s closing for good.

Lilofan

i’m not a smoker, but i kind of enjoyed the smell while walking past the store. my wife hated it & won’t miss it. for a store that’s been there a long time, it’s a shame that it’s closing for good.
When I went inside Sosa cigar, cast treated us like family. Willing to help and we get caught up in the many stories they told us. If some didn’t like it wear your mask 😁

Kane88

Personally I feel like this was a Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island long-term lease that WDW might have had to honor. As others have said, it was an odd choice. I would add that since May 2019, Smoking was banned from inside the theme parks (that hasn’t stopped people from vapeing but that’s another post for a different thread) and before that the smoking locations were being phased out to just one… Personally, I’m glad to see it go and can’t wait to see what goes in its place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom