Sorry Fellas this one is for the Ladies...

Kelsybelle

Hey Ladies, I was wondering what types of sunscreen/make up you like to use while visiting the World during the hot and humid months. Today in New England is about as uncomfortable as it gets here, with high humidity, heat and the Florida type afternoon shower which has turned everything extra steamy. It got me thinking about the trip we have planned for May. I've recently switched from using a facial moisturizer with an spf in it and a foundation with spf, to using a moisturizer with a higher spf and a hint of tint. Today was a great Disney weather test because it didn't hold up well at all! I like to keep my makeup pretty minimal for the morning/afternoon in the parks but love to kick it up a notch when we go out in the evenings. What are some of your tips? :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
In the hot months I use a light moisturizer with an spf such as Oil of Olay. I go light on my makeup also during the day with a little blush and a tinted lipbalm and waterproof mascara is a must.

Upvote 0

acrab3t

I live in Houston Texas which has similar humidity to Orlando and I use mostly Bare Minerals. I have used it in Disney on my last two trips and it lasts all day with out sweating off. It is a powder foundation with spf 15 in it. I start with an oil-free primer (Smashbox is my favorite). I also use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer on my eylids. This keeps my eyemake up fresh looking all day and night. Next I apply the powder base by Bare Minerals, then eyeshadow and blush. Next step is Bare Minerals Mineral veil (spf 25) all over face and neck. Keep this in your bag so you can re-apply half way through the day to keep the sun from burning you. I finish with a little eyeliner and waterproof mascara. For my lips, Burt's Bees lip tint (nice and minty). I like Bare Minerals because it is light and you don't look caked in makeup. Liquid makeup does not work for me because I have oily skin and the humidity makes it worse. You can find Bare Minerals in department stores or Ulta. They sell a starter kit if you want to try it out.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I live in Houston Texas which has similar humidity to Orlando and I use mostly Bare Minerals. I have used it in Disney on my last two trips and it lasts all day with out sweating off. It is a powder foundation with spf 15 in it. I start with an oil-free primer (Smashbox is my favorite). I also use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer on my eylids. This keeps my eyemake up fresh looking all day and night. Next I apply the powder base by Bare Minerals, then eyeshadow and blush. Next step is Bare Minerals Mineral veil (spf 25) all over face and neck. Keep this in your bag so you can re-apply half way through the day to keep the sun from burning you. I finish with a little eyeliner and waterproof mascara. For my lips, Burt's Bees lip tint (nice and minty). I like Bare Minerals because it is light and you don't look caked in makeup. Liquid makeup does not work for me because I have oily skin and the humidity makes it worse. You can find Bare Minerals in department stores or Ulta. They sell a starter kit if you want to try it out.

I'm going to look into the Bare Minerals. I haven't tried anything from that line yet and I'll have to check it out! Thank you!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey Ladies, I was wondering what types of sunscreen/make up you like to use while visiting the World during the hot and humid months. Today in New England is about as uncomfortable as it gets here, with high humidity, heat and the Florida type afternoon shower which has turned everything extra steamy. It got me thinking about the trip we have planned for May. I've recently switched from using a facial moisturizer with an spf in it and a foundation with spf, to using a moisturizer with a higher spf and a hint of tint. Today was a great Disney weather test because it didn't hold up well at all! I like to keep my makeup pretty minimal for the morning/afternoon in the parks but love to kick it up a notch when we go out in the evenings. What are some of your tips? :)

I use two things for makeup - I use L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder. Then through the day, I use MAC makeup oil blotting papers to absorb the oil. As for sunscreen, I need to use a non oil based one which is made by ProActive. With the heat and sun, I don't need more oil. I don't use a lot of makeup - so the blotting papers help absorb the oil so I can reapply the powder. If there is anything to coverup, I use L'Oreal concealer on the spots. I do eye makeup as usual with water proof mascara and blush from Clinic. I have tried to use the tinted sunscreen moisterizer but it is too dewy and it doesn't work with powder over it for me.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

I'm going to look into the Bare Minerals. I haven't tried anything from that line yet and I'll have to check it out! Thank you!

I love bare minerals!! That has been the best make-up I've found so far. I do have to say though that I only really wear it in the winter months when my tan goes away. I'm Italian so i have a prettty dark tan in the summer months so I only use an oil of olay moisturizer and really no make-up when its warm. Just some mascara and lip gloss.

Upvote 0

rufio

It's summer in North Carolina and I've just started using Estee Lauder's Double Stay makeup which has 20 SPF. It stays on really well, doesn't settle in and look terrible in humidity, and has really good SPF for makeup. It's kind of expensive, but it's been worth it so far. I can't do Bare Minerals anymore. It settles in terribly and I don't even have wrinkles (I'm 24)! :confused:

Upvote 0

Funfy

No Makeup for me-only sunscreen. I absolutely melt even if I should be used to it in Georgia. But, then I tend to go without makeup to work-only eye makeup and liner-just too hot. Nobody at Disney has any idea who I am and we are a very outdoorsy family with camping, boating and fishing-so my husband is used to me not wearing makeup-so none for me.

On the other hand, I had a friend that couldn't go to a convenience store without makeup....so somewhere lies a happy medium.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Well I usually don't wear much makeup at all besides mascara and eyeliner.. occasionally when I go out I wear Bare Minerals powder which has spf. I usually don't wear much makeup in WDW either, but if I am going to a dinner or something like that I will put a little powder on. During the summer and in WDW, I use this great powder brush from Sephora. Its Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30.. its a brush with built in powder so its great for the parks and when you're on the go anywhere. I have oily skin so this works wonders when its hot in the parks.. just brush some on and leaves my skin feeling great and fresh. Its small enough to fit into my cross-body purse.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I wish I could be out & about on vacation without makeup and feel okay. I don't. Vacation is when we're snapping all sorts of random pictures. The last thing I want is pictures of me sans makeup. Talk about a scary thought! :eek:

Hiya neighbor! We're in Kemah! Yep, our heat & humidity is very similar to Central Florida. Sometimes I look at the weather and it's actually hotter here than in Lake Buena Vista. Yikes! I'm with you on some of your product type choices here. It's great info to be sharing, tho. How else will we figure this stuff out without spending a fortune buying all sorts of stuff to try.

Here's what I use: moisturizer I'm not too particular with. I use the Boots No.7 stuff from Target around my eyes and where my wrinklies are. For all-over general use I like the moisturizing spray from H2O. For a primer I mix a pea-size squirt of Smashbox Photo Finish SPF 15 (with Dermaxyl Complex) with a pea-size squirt of Too Faced tinted Beauty Balm (broad spectrum SPF 20). I dab some concealor under my eyes then use Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting mineral powder. Love! I also use Smashbox blush, eyeshadow, and cream eyeliner. Mascara is something I still have yet to find something I like better than good ol' Cover Girl. I currently use Lash Blast Volume waterproof. I also looove Burt's Bees lip tint. That's good stuff, another product I can't find a better alternative of so I pretty much stopped trying. :p

A few years ago I posted a similar thread and someone mentioned using Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel on the face as a primer to keep your makeup in place all day. It's a lot less expensive than the Smashbox primer and leaves the skin feeling the same way. It also leaves the skin feeling the same as the Urban Decay eye primer does (I've tried that, too). The only reason I opt for the Smashbox Photo Finish at this point is for the Dermaxyl complex benefit. When you're pushing 40 and fighting every stray wrinkle you gotta make these choices, I think. If I wasn't as worried with the creases and wrinkles I'd still be using the Monistat on my face for a primer because it works VERY well. Sounds crazy putting crotch gel on your face but I promise you it works! :D

Upvote 0

Britt

I used to wear makeup! I used to wear foundation, powder, eyeshadow/liner/mascara, fill in eyebrows and ALL that. Now, I just stick to mascara, filling in eyebrows and some light red chapstick. I love being able to splash water on my face to cool down a bit (I'm in CO, where it's been hitting 100 temps).

I had such a hard time with Bare Minerals...apparently I have a minor reaction to something called Bismuth? It made my skin itch so bad any time I sweated...lol

When I did wear makeup, last time we went, I just used my normal stuff and wore a primer under it. It held up great in the heat and I just did little touch ups before dinner and stuff.

I can never go back to make up now, after no longer wearing it...lol It makes my face feel weird and heavy!

Upvote 0

MissM

I second @acrab3t 's suggestion. I live here in Florida and I use Bare Minerals as my daily makeup as well as in the parks. I usually moisturize with Oil of Olay (sensitive skin) which as SPF, then the Bare Minerals foundation which also has SPF and finish with Mineral Veil which ALSO has more SPF. For the body, I use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch with Helioplex. It's not hot or heavy, doesn't run and a little goes a long way.

Upvote 0

Ex-Floridian

Hey there - we must be neighbors! Im in MA and it was like FL this weekend fer sure! Being an "Ex-Floridian" most of us in the south use very light makeup like bare minerals or smashbox - go to ULTA and ask them those questions - call down to a store in FL too :)

Upvote 0

countrygrl4

I don't wear make-up on hot humid days if I don't have to but I will wear a non oily spf on my face bc even though I'm dark skinned, Ive burned. I also wear eyeliner by covergirl that does not smear easily and waterproof mascara which is called studio black from MAC. I love my mascara and usually wore it while in the parks this past June. I also wore nivea lip balm under my tinted lip gloss from smashbox which gives enough color without feeling all slippery on your lips. I too live in NE specifically RI and during the summer around here don't wear much make up bc I'm constantly going into the pool or working out after work.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom