Sorry Fellas this one is for the Ladies...

Kelsybelle

Hey Ladies, I was wondering what types of sunscreen/make up you like to use while visiting the World during the hot and humid months. Today in New England is about as uncomfortable as it gets here, with high humidity, heat and the Florida type afternoon shower which has turned everything extra steamy. It got me thinking about the trip we have planned for May. I've recently switched from using a facial moisturizer with an spf in it and a foundation with spf, to using a moisturizer with a higher spf and a hint of tint. Today was a great Disney weather test because it didn't hold up well at all! I like to keep my makeup pretty minimal for the morning/afternoon in the parks but love to kick it up a notch when we go out in the evenings. What are some of your tips? :)

SweetPea

I'm in SC, so I know about heat and humidity, as well. I'm also one of those who wouldn't be caught dead w/o makeup in public.:)

As for moisturizer, I'm not real particular, just as long as it's oil free. I have very oily skin and my face tends to sweat quite a bit when I get hot...you know, the whole beads of sweat on the upper lip thing. Yuck! I've tried Bare Minerals and love it, but when I get to sweating it seems to just go away. I look like I forgot to put the make up on in those areas. Just weird looking. I do love the Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I had been using the Ulta Matte Primer, which is very similar and cheaper, but it's hit and miss when I can get it in the store down here. My favorite foundation ever is ERA Everyday by Classified Cosmetics. You can order this online from their website. It's an aerosol foundation. You're supposed to spray it on like an airbrush type, but I just spray on a sponge and apply that way. You can also control the coverage that way. It's waterproof and sweatproof!!! Then I use the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, which as others have said have an SPF.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I only add the extra sun block when I am away on vacation in the sun. I use Neutrogena,Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ it's waterpoof, sweatproof and doesn't clog my pores, I wear this under my regular make up. (I apply a very thin layer otherwise I turn into a grease pit) After I apply sunblock I apply bare minerals which has its own spf. I have never had a problem with "waxy face" or makeup disappearing, the mineral veil helps keep my makeup in place all day. I am a firm believer in proctecting my lips and I have lipstick on at all times. I tend to stay away from the lighter shades when in the sun, you won't get the full coverage as if you were using a matte opaque color.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I don't use much make up regularly but when we are in Disney in August....forget it! But I love Neutrogena's sunscreens for my face.

All I do at the parks when its hot....usually skip makup.

75.gif

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

I dislike putting sunscreen on my face, but being pretty fair skinned I do not have much choice lol. I wear Arbonne makeup primer then put on Almay spf 12 liquid foundation everyday. By mid day the sun and sweat have drenched my face, but I still get some nice protection. Come nightime or dinner I usually freshen up and put on new mascara etc if it had melted away. For my skin, I use the Arbonne spf 30-stuff works like magic. Knock on wood I have not burned while wearing in the hot Florida or Arizona sun. I tried to wear baby faces before, but I would still get pinky cheeks and a bit of a burn.

Upvote 0

6laurac

In NC-Like someone said, humidity and heat are pretty much exactly the same as FL-
I use Clinique products only- Good for super sensitive skin and oil free to boot

First apply-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel-oily skin
Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen face
(mascara and eye shadow and Carmax for chapstick)

Neutrogena Sport sunscreen for body

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

For the body I'm pretty picky. I hate the way sunblock feels if it doesn't totally absorb. I'm a crazy lotion mixer girl so when going to the parks I mix 1 part Neutrogena dry lotion with 1 part regular body lotion plus add a little dab of the gradual tanning stuff to help keep my color going. I've not had issues with sunburn. My boys are both very fair skinned and pitch fits over me lotioning them. For the parks I do the same thing for them I do for myself but without the gradual tan stuff. They do just fine and only gripe a few minutes until the lotion absorbs.

Upvote 0

ILDisneyFan

I don't wear any face makeup EVER because my skin is super duper sensitive but I do wear eye liner made by Tarte and lip gloss from Bath & Body Works. I use Philosophy face lotion that has an SPF in it and it works really well. I'm probably not of much help to you but that's what I use! :D

Upvote 0

Mukta

I do not use any make up.

I wear Neutrogena helioplex SPF 100+ for the face. I use the body version too. It is the only sunscreen I will use because I feel dry after using it. No stickiness at all.

The face one doesn't make me break out at all either. Good stuff. I wait until it is on sale at Target and then buy a tube for the year.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Original Poster
I wish I could be out & about on vacation without makeup and feel okay. I don't. Vacation is when we're snapping all sorts of random pictures. The last thing I want is pictures of me sans makeup. Talk about a scary thought! :eek:

Hiya neighbor! We're in Kemah! Yep, our heat & humidity is very similar to Central Florida. Sometimes I look at the weather and it's actually hotter here than in Lake Buena Vista. Yikes! I'm with you on some of your product type choices here. It's great info to be sharing, tho. How else will we figure this stuff out without spending a fortune buying all sorts of stuff to try.

Here's what I use: moisturizer I'm not too particular with. I use the Boots No.7 stuff from Target around my eyes and where my wrinklies are. For all-over general use I like the moisturizing spray from H2O. For a primer I mix a pea-size squirt of Smashbox Photo Finish SPF 15 (with Dermaxyl Complex) with a pea-size squirt of Too Faced tinted Beauty Balm (broad spectrum SPF 20). I dab some concealor under my eyes then use Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting mineral powder. Love! I also use Smashbox blush, eyeshadow, and cream eyeliner. Mascara is something I still have yet to find something I like better than good ol' Cover Girl. I currently use Lash Blast Volume waterproof. I also looove Burt's Bees lip tint. That's good stuff, another product I can't find a better alternative of so I pretty much stopped trying. :p

A few years ago I posted a similar thread and someone mentioned using Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel on the face as a primer to keep your makeup in place all day. It's a lot less expensive than the Smashbox primer and leaves the skin feeling the same way. It also leaves the skin feeling the same as the Urban Decay eye primer does (I've tried that, too). The only reason I opt for the Smashbox Photo Finish at this point is for the Dermaxyl complex benefit. When you're pushing 40 and fighting every stray wrinkle you gotta make these choices, I think. If I wasn't as worried with the creases and wrinkles I'd still be using the Monistat on my face for a primer because it works VERY well. Sounds crazy putting crotch gel on your face but I promise you it works! :D

Holy Cow! I've heard of using hemroid cream for puffiness under the eyes but never Monistat Chafing Powder gel to prime your skin. That's a great tip!

Upvote 0

luv

I don't put on makeup for the parks. It would be mostly gone after a few hours and I'm certainly not carrying it around with me.

I just put a dab of Coppertone on my nose and off I go.

Upvote 0

tink65

I use Clinque Super City Block Sheer SPF 25. I've copied & pasted Clinique's description of the product:

"Sheer, broad-spectrum UVA/UVB daily sunscreen. Lightweight formula helps wick away perspiration and absorb excess oil. Perfect alone or as an invisible makeup primer. No chemical sunscreens. Appropriate for eye area and sensitive skin"

I really like it. I don't even use makeup anymore, just this suncreen then put on a tab bit of Clinique's blended face powder and that's it as far as "foundation" goes. I can't recommend it enough!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom