Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Shirts

dreamfinder

So does this mean that medium and hard levels have been turned back on? If not, then I would imagine they will be in the near future otherwise the power boost is kinda useless.

wiigirl

Something like this takes "Disney geek" to a whole new level...

Love it! :)
75.gif

ExtinctJenn

I saw this on the blog summary that was in my inbox this morning. This could be very dangerous... I see new shirts for us on MK day! LOL

dreamfinder

I would think that RFID chips would be far more reliable.

Perhaps, but that does raise an interesting question. Where your key card needs to basically touch the scanner, did they add a second set of sensors that would be targeted only on the magic spot? Otherwise if it is RFID, the second person in line waiting to play could be wearing the shirt and be close enough for you to get their bonus.

But if it does do it off of visual recognition like with the cards, what happens if you have a backpack, or a poncho, or a coat, or a.... I admit the graphics are large enough that they could in theory dumb down the recognition enough to sense even a fraction of the image but still.

ExtinctJenn

Perhaps, but that does raise an interesting question. Where your key card needs to basically touch the scanner, did they add a second set of sensors that would be targeted only on the magic spot? Otherwise if it is RFID, the second person in line waiting to play could be wearing the shirt and be close enough for you to get their bonus.

But if it does do it off of visual recognition like with the cards, what happens if you have a backpack, or a poncho, or a coat, or a.... I admit the graphics are large enough that they could in theory dumb down the recognition enough to sense even a fraction of the image but still.
That's kind of what I meant... the cards don't use RFID and the pictures on these shirts are obviously not nearly as small. Seems visual recognition would work here too. I'd be curious to see...

RSoxNo1

That's kind of what I meant... the cards don't use RFID and the pictures on these shirts are obviously not nearly as small. Seems visual recognition would work here too. I'd be curious to see...
The cards use visual recognition? I was under the impression that they also used RFIDs, although I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't want all of the cards to be activated when they're in the range of the RFID scanner. I guess the shirts are probably visual recognition as well then.

dreamfinder

The cards use visual recognition? I was under the impression that they also used RFIDs, although I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't want all of the cards to be activated when they're in the range of the RFID scanner. I guess the shirts are probably visual recognition as well then.

That is why they have you stand on that certain spot. The two cameras at each station are aimed there. I believe that every card has a different background with a shape or image repeated on it. The cameras look for that pattern/shape to determine what card you have. That is how people are playing with photocopies of cards, or even pictures of them on their iPads. It's much easier to pick up on a specific pattern that is repeated than to look for the fancy picture in the middle. And that way if little Timmy is holding his fingers over the picture of Mickey, the camera can still see the pictures around his fingers to id it.

Rasvar

I've never had time to even finish the first level. I don't get the addiction but I know some people who are. I'm sure they will buy that extra power shirt as soon as they can.

BwanaBob

Visual recognition.

Imagineers testing at the moment. Waiting to release the product...it is already at the MK...

GeekDad

How many people are going to cut out the RFID chip in the shirt and just bring that into the park?

I almost bought one of these the other night because of how cool the shirt looks before I even realized it did anything for the game. So some might but I wouldn't because I would actually like to wear the shirt.

BwanaBob

Released on-time this week.

So far no issues...
Other than watching everyone take pictures of the shirts...as if they we're going to try and reproduce the pictures?

Limit is 5 per SIZE per guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom