News Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom closing Jan 24th 2021

doctornick

I found the game very loud and distracting, I much prefer the way they integrated Kim/Perry props into world showcase or the pirate adventure.

I definitely preferred those other two games to SOTMK, but will be sad to see this go. We had only played it intermittently but enjoyed the opportunity. I liked how the screens where somewhat "hidden in plain sight". Would have been nice to have more physical elements involved (not just screens) like the other games use.

Magic Feather Any idea if this will be re-purposed or just removed entirely?

RichVIII

Bummer. It was one of the few FREE things you could do. As an AP (and not local) it was something we enjoyed doing since we collected new cards with new trips. We also loved getting special holiday party cards. I can see how it would cause issues with the lines. I won't miss bringing the damn binder on trips of cards.

Another item to add to our extinct items.

doctornick

On a related note, is Pirates Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas running? I think it was closed in the post-COVID era and was not sure if it reopened. Perhaps it might reopen once SOTMK closes?

gerarar

Premium Member
The Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom interactive game will close on the 24th. This has been targeted for removal for a while, and I am under the impression that ops complaints of portals blocking potential extended queue areas played a role in expediting its closure.
Is this a temporary thing until Covid restrictions (like social distancing) goes away? That's one of the big reasons why the queues are so long/extended currently....then again queues were already long even pre-closure..

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Sad to see it go, as other said it was something different. That said some of the portals were in "awkward" places.

Yes, the trio of portals from Sir Mickey's around towards the Wishing Well, The Wave and Eye portals in Liberty Square, and the Mainstreet Theater were bad, the worst was the on the side of the Pin shop in Frontierland right in the walkway for the castmembers entrance to the tunnels.

Minnesota disney fan

Well, there goes another free experience that helps make disney special. A little bit more of the disney magic disappearing, and a fun one too. It will be missed. I don't understand their thinking in taking away an immersive fun free activity which only enhances the disney bubble! I know, I know, they need to save money! (yea right), but it is a disappointment just the same.

Gillyanne

This is a shame. While it certainly was not a headliner, it was a fun enjoyable experience to round out a hectic day at Magic Kingdom. Interactive experiences like these can help the immersion factor of new expansions as they bring people into the Magic. It will be missed.

This, some days we just wouldn't want to bother standing in a bunch of lines (per or post FP availability) and it was nice to still have something to do that wasn't just walking around/people watching. The 5yo was really just starting to "get" what it was...

Bummer. It was one of the few FREE things you could do. As an AP (and not local) it was something we enjoyed doing since we collected new cards with new trips. We also loved getting special holiday party cards. I can see how it would cause issues with the lines. I won't miss bringing the damn binder on trips of cards.

Another item to add to our extinct items.

Same as APs; as I kind of mentioned above, some days you just don't feel like doing all the rides/waits (which with AP you have that 'luxury' of just going w/o it feeling like lost value) and this was fun to help still feel immersed in Disney w/o it just being people watching/walking around....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom