Sorcerers of MK set on EASY only UFN

wogwog

Original Poster
Sorcers is only going to operate on EASY until further notice effective March 27. So if you Sorcerers were planning on a park visit primarily for Sorcerer you might want to skip the crowds. The reason being stated by cast is the lines are too long at the portals to allow the other levels to be experienced. Maybe after Spring break the other levels will return. It is said to NOT be a technical issue.

WDWBryan

how do the skill levels differ?

I was watching one portal and once it was activated for them they immediately started casting spells there was no story to sit through

Pioneer Hall

how do the skill levels differ?

I was watching one portal and once it was activated for them they immediately started casting spells there was no story to sit through

The easy level doesn't require any sort of real thought in the spells that you cast. They tell you to cast a spell and whatever you do will defeat the villain. After you finish the easy mode you can move up to medium where you now have the chance to lose a battle. After that, the hard level means even more losing and (I think) having to strategically pick what you do. I just finished easy the other night, and didn't have it in me to start on medium just yet. One of these days when the cords are a bit lighter I might give it a shot.

As far the portal lines, they really are getting a bit rough. I find Fantasyland to be the worst of the areas because all the portals are very close together. I just don't have it in me to wait 10 or more minutes per portal. I wonder if they will ever do something that will somewhat restrict playing time to avoid backups.

Tip Top Club

Spread it to tomorrowland? Add a second or third story on Main Street? Obvious things, probably. That being said, it is it's opening year and lines are inevitable. Past this summer I would be shocked if there were ever lines again. I'm really not sure how this is going to help with the lines.

And on a personal note, I just started playing hard yesterday, and was going to go back again this week, so that makes me unhappy.

wickedfan07

Perhaps after the rollout of xPass this experience will be switched to be "by reservation only." The only way to eliminate the lines at any given portal is to limit the number of people playing the game at any given time. If they reserved time slots, that would be easier to control (though another excuse to have people scheduling every minute of their Disney day would be very disappointing).

zooey

There are some locations that just need to be shut down entirely. Like, all of them on Main Street for instance, or the one in Tortuga Tavern. I don't understand how they didn't foresee lines forming in random places all over the park as a major issue, aesthetically and for traffic/crowd management.

BigThunderMatt

I honestly just think it's because it's new. Once the novelty dies down it'll be much less congested. They also chose to officially launch this with an upcoming busy season right around the corner so on top of all the people playing, you've got tons of people in the park in general. They should have aimed to launch this in mid-late January instead.

Tori

Does that mean we're gonna have to start all over on the easy level? I really don't want to start all over again. :brick:

wogwog

Original Poster
Does that mean we're gonna have to start all over on the easy level? I really don't want to start all over again. :brick:

I was told a few hours ago by cast that the level available has no effect on your previous play as long as you hold on to the Key Card you have used at the higher level. Once the higher levels are turned back on you can pick up where you left off.

Tip Top Club

The only portals that I actively Dislike are the two in Fantasyland that are literally RIGHT next to each other, and the one on Main Street in the Little Mermaid Emporium Window. Other than that most of them are out of the way enough that the lines cause no more problems than a long line for Dole Whips around the daytime parade.

Cosmic Commando

I honestly just think it's because it's new. Once the novelty dies down it'll be much less congested. They also chose to officially launch this with an upcoming busy season right around the corner so on top of all the people playing, you've got tons of people in the park in general. They should have aimed to launch this in mid-late January instead.
This is a pretty petty criticism... it was testing daily by the middle of February! There's barely an off-season anymore, between Presidents Day, spring break, Summer, free dining, food and wine, etc. They missed your supposed ideal opening date by two weeks, so they should do what? Wait until after Labor Day to open the attraction?

dreamfinder

Lame. I haven't been to WDW since this was introduced, but I'd imagine not being thrilled with easy, so I'd want to try other levels.

By all accounts, you need to start off with Easy anyways. And after you grind through those missions, then you can level up to medium. And at 20-30 mins w/minimal waits at the portals per level, you are looking at 4-5 hrs just to complete the easy missions. So you would need to dedicate a chunk of time to progressing.

I almost think they underestimated the demand. Most visitors will have fun playing for a bit, but I don't think will dedicate the time to go through the leveling up process, or heck, even play multiple days. Right now it seems like a large chunk of the crowds are people that are quasi local, and able to make multiple trips in a short time period to level up/get all the cards. Once that initial bubble pops, I think the lines will go to a much more manageable level.

dizben19

As of yesterday when I left the park at 7pm if you are on medium or hard you will be able to stay on that level. If you defeat all the villians you will be unable to level up but you should be able to stay on the level you are currently at and play it again if you want to. You will still be able to get your daily pack and if you beat all 9 villians you will get a pack for doing so even though you won't be able to level up. As far as popularity goes. Everyone is playing this game, CM, AP holders, SP holders, 1st time visitors. There are 3 year olds to 8 year olds playing and enjoying this game. I have personally talked with guests who have spent multiple days straight playing the game because they love it so much and they never do an attraction. Now realize this time of the year when they are forcasting 55-60k people sometimes more, having 800-1400 people play during the course of the day is alot of people. As a cast member who personally works this attraction I can tell you first hand just how popular it is and has been. We are hoping to have this taken care of as soon as possible so that ALL guests who want to play can enjoy the ENTIRE game.

Magenta Panther

Hmmm...maybe if this Sorcerers game continues to be popular, Disney will consider making an attraction based on it - or maybe a new land? Wasn't there supposed to be a land based on Disney villains at one time or another? That could be awesome...

Pioneer Hall

Lame. I haven't been to WDW since this was introduced, but I'd imagine not being thrilled with easy, so I'd want to try other levels.

Well everyone has to start on easy. So even if you didn't enjoy it you would have to get through it in order to get to the medium and hard levels. I wish that they had continued the story through the levels though instead of just replaying it on a new difficulty level.

invader

Okay so I started yesterday and heard a guy behind me talking about this while I was playing in Fantasyland. My only question is that if I beat easy and Hades will I be able to level up to Medium once they take off the block? I really don't want to be wasting my time and have to do it all over again.

SyracuseOrange

Well everyone has to start on easy. So even if you didn't enjoy it you would have to get through it in order to get to the medium and hard levels. I wish that they had continued the story through the levels though instead of just replaying it on a new difficulty level.

Right, I get that. But knowing that there was the option for harder levels would be more motivation to complete easy.

TronAThon

This is fairly disappointing to be honest. The fact that it is being locked down on easy completely takes away the repeatability factor of the game. Hopefully it will return normal shortly.

jjnshane

Many of the cast members and regulars that I have talked to while playing this game say that they play on easy repeatedly just so they can level up their cards. The more you use a card the stronger it becomes (at least so I am told).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom