Sony & MARVEL are friends again; Spider-Man is back in the MCU

Jedijax719

I will have to look, but I have seen some stories that this is NOT the sinister 6. That will be done by Sony, and not MCU per the report which is why there are 5 villains specifically for this movie. Which explains why no Morbius or Vulture or Rhino or Scorpion or Kraven.
Interesting. But considering that people know of sinister 6, it does make ya wonder why there are only 5 shown. Hmmm........

Jedijax719

Because the 5 shown are NOT going to be the sinister 6. At least not all of them. Per report
I think they are holding back on something big. We all know that Tobey and Andrew will be there at least in some form, but I think there will be something big revealed that has not been leaked. I think it would be everyone's DREAM if Venom showed up. It would be the "Luke in Mandalorian" type reveal.

Getting people to see it hasn't been a problem. However, I am sure they talked about ways to keep people talking about it.

Animaniac93-98

No Way Home review embargo lifts at 10:30 PM PST/ 1:30 AM EST TONIGHT! You have been warned haha

1639445518735.png

NateD1226

Starting off at 100% on RT. Only 31 reviews, but.......starting at 100%.
Still at 100% with 46 reviews

LSLS

Down to 97%. What a disaster.

Reading the reviews (especially the negatives) just reminds me of why I hate critics. So much dribble to attempt to sound like you are smarter than everyone else.

Jedijax719

Down to 97%. What a disaster.

Reading the reviews (especially the negatives) just reminds me of why I hate critics. So much dribble to attempt to sound like you are smarter than everyone else.
Total failure. Only a 97%-complete disgrace!!! lol

This reminds me of when The Force Awakens came out. It was a good movie but went crazy with reviews. It was as if everyone was caught up in the euphoria of a mega-mega hit during the holiday season.

MarvelCharacterNerd

This is going to be a miserable week. :(

There's going to be no way for me to avoid spoilers online for this film unless I never go online again. But I haven't been to a movie theater in two years and have no inclination to ever go to one again. So I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it since I'll be waiting for everything to stream... somewhere.

Still wish everything was day and date. I'd pay the extra to watch it at home.

NateD1226

I think this could spark some interesting conversation. So earlier today, Variety posted an article about No Way Home’s chances at the Oscars due to it being the hero of the 2021 box office. It was an interesting read. Then, later today, The Hollywood Reporter posted their updated Oscar nominations predictions and No Way Home popped up on their frontrunners list! Does No Way Home really have a chance at the Oscars or are these outlets just trying to get clicks or seem original?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think this could spark some interesting conversation. So earlier today, Variety posted an article about No Way Home’s chances at the Oscars due to it being the hero of the 2021 box office. It was an interesting read. Then, later today, The Hollywood Reporter posted their updated Oscar nominations predictions and No Way Home popped up on their frontrunners list! Does No Way Home really have a chance at the Oscars or are these outlets just trying to get clicks or seem original?

Best stare-down goes to.....

Toby Maguire in Spider-Man: No Way Home!

NateD1226

"Like the folks behind other movies with Oscar aspirations, the No Way Home contingent is committed to giving their film a real campaign. I have learned that they will eventually add the film to the Academy’s members-only streaming service for easy access at home, but first, to encourage Academy members to see it on a big screen, they are offering free “pass-ins” for anyone (and their guest) who shows an Academy member card at a commercial theaters each Monday through Thursday. They will also spend some of the money they have generated at the box office on FYC advertising in industry publications and hot-spots. And they are prepared to do the traditional dog-and-pony show stuff — targeted screenings, Q&As, interviews, etc. — to the greatest extent possible given COVID."

Archie123

What category Oscar are you talking about? Best picture? No chance at all.

Best special effects or best score or best cinematography or some other smaller award then yes it might have a chance.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Like the folks behind other movies with Oscar aspirations, the No Way Home contingent is committed to giving their film a real campaign. I have learned that they will eventually add the film to the Academy’s members-only streaming service for easy access at home, but first, to encourage Academy members to see it on a big screen, they are offering free “pass-ins” for anyone (and their guest) who shows an Academy member card at a commercial theaters each Monday through Thursday. They will also spend some of the money they have generated at the box office on FYC advertising in industry publications and hot-spots. And they are prepared to do the traditional dog-and-pony show stuff — targeted screenings, Q&As, interviews, etc. — to the greatest extent possible given COVID."

They better give members access to stream the previous 5 Spider-Man movies...

Archie123

If Black Panther and Toy Story 3 can get nominated in that category, so can this.

With 10 nomination slots and a major $ campaign to make it happen, it seems entirely possible.

Never going to happen. It was a great sequel but completely not deserving of a best picture nomination. And there does not have to be 10 nominations. There could be 10 but there can also be less.

Animaniac93-98

It was a great sequel but completely not deserving of a best picture nomination.

It's not about what "deserves" to be nominated. It's what the Academy members pick.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close got that nomination. It has a 45% approval rating among critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom