Sony DCR-HC46 or HC96

crxbrett

Original Poster
Hello folks, :wave:

Okay, here is my interesting dilemma. I am going to be going to WDW (yeehaww!) very soon and I want to purchase a MiniDV camcorder (the Sony DCR-HC series in particular). Here's my problem-I do not know if I should get the DCR-HC46 or the HC96. Now I know the obvious answer is the HC96! -- but, I want to know if the HC46 is more than capable of shooting great videos for a more casual fellow (i.e., like myself). So, does anybody have experience using both models? I can afford the HC96, but my question is more about the HC46 being adequate. I don't want to pay an extra $200 if the HC46 is more than capable of producing a quality shoot. I am not taping on my trip for professional quality videos, more for just fun and just to capture a great trip on tape for my future self to enjoy. Any input or response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Brett

crxbrett

Original Poster
Thanks!

I did happen to stumble across this very same review myself. I am pretty positive I am going to settle for the HC46, but I wanted to know if anybody on here has actually used either or both. I guess I just need some kind of feedback before I make a purchasing decision. I don't think the HC46 will disappoint me by any means. But, is the HC96 worth the extra $200? My gut instincts tell me no and to just get the HC46.

Thanks again, though, I appreciate the help

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom