Sony Cyber‑Shot RX10 IV or Canon EOS R?

M0710NM4N

Original Poster
Which would you choose and why?

RScottyL

Wow, huge price difference between the two! I am sure they are not even in the same class!

As with anything, you would want to do your research on both, which is why I am sure you are here.

You would first of all want to decide what it is you will shoot the most of, and is the camera capable of shooting that. With that, I mean if you plan on shooting alot of low light pictures and videos, you do not want to choose something that is not really able to shoot low light well.

Another factor here is pricing! With the Canon body almost at $6k, I am sure other people will come up with better cameras at or around that price, as that will include alot of cameras you can choose from in that range!

KeithVH

To me, the jury is still out on the new mount for the Canon. Especially the implications long-term and what the future holds for lenses. Why would I buy an adapter that negates any potential benefit supposedly from the new mount? Then again, anyone with an investment in existing Canon glass would be foolish not to choose that one.

As for the Sony, it's basically a superzoom P&S. For $1,600, that would be a case of overpaying.

thomas998

Well I've got one of the Sony RX100's which I bought for use at concerts where I needed something with decent photos that I could get into venue without any hassles... I generally leave it behind in favor of an older Olympus point and shoot that does better in low light. To me the problem with the Sony is the sensor is just too small to work well. You think you can get some decent bokeh with the 1.8, but when you factor in the smaller 1 inch sensor it hurts the depth of field and you end up with nothing more than an expensive point and shoot. I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a 1 inch camera that wasn't going to be small enough to take to concerts.... As for the Canon... well it's full frame which would alleviate the DOF issues when using a fast lens... but to me it is simply overpriced given the newness of the lens mount. If I were going for a full frame there are a lot of other options that I would go to before I would consider the Canon. If I was going to drop 6K on a FF camera I would probably just buy a Nikon D850 for half the price, mostly because I have lots of Nikon lens already and like the colors I get from Nikon more than what I have gotten with Sony or Canon camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom