Sonny Eclipse Ascending

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Original Poster
I was at Cosmic Ray's on Sunday when I noticed that Sonny Eclipse was gone. I remember reading about the expansion project, so I assumed that he had been removed or perhaps moved back to Yew Nork. A half hour later I walked by again and saw him playing! How was that possible? I looked up the expansion project thread and learned about the lift after seeing the video of the High School band, so I realized that I must have just missed the lift in action.

Later in the day I went back to go check on Sonny and saw that a guy was working on him. Sonny had his head and arms hanging down and the technician told me that there was a leak they were trying to fix. I asked about the lift and he said they would raise him shortly.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Here's a video of the lift in action:

And photos of the stage:

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

This little dome on the roof of the Starlight Cafe is the space that Sonny Eclipse moves into when the lift is raised:

10.JPG

MissM

Wait... Was the tech working on him out in the open in the restaurant?
Yup. I was there Sunday as well. The music was playing, but Sonny was...er, let's go with "sleeping." LOL He was face down onto the keyboard. We ate lunch - all the while he was continuing to play the music but not move - and then abruptly, a tech turned off the music (man it's weirdly quiet in there when it turns off!) and began working on him. We left shortly after but the tech was definitely out and working at that time.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Original Poster
Wait... Was the tech working on him out in the open in the restaurant?

Yes, two guys were working on Sonny and raising/lowering the stage while the restaurant was open. As you can see in my pictures the stage was surrounded by tall tables. After a customer had moved one away a bit the tech went over and pulled it back into place. I think the tables were there to prevent people from climbing on the stage or getting too close to the work.

Figments Friend

This is good to hear...I was wondering what was going on with Sonny on Sunday so thank you for sharing.

I posted a thread on Sunday in the 'General Parks Discussion' Forum here (Sonny Eclipse : just 'spaced out' or victim of maintenance cuts..? ) noting Sonny's non-operational status that day.
I was curious as to what the story was, as he was clearly 'dead' and visable to Guests.

Quite glad to hear he was attended to after all and 'hidden' as he should have been until he can perform again.
It is good to know someone was looking out for him!

-

Buried20KLeague

Yup. I was there Sunday as well. The music was playing, but Sonny was...er, let's go with "sleeping." LOL He was face down onto the keyboard. We ate lunch - all the while he was continuing to play the music but not move - and then abruptly, a tech turned off the music (man it's weirdly quiet in there when it turns off!) and began working on him. We left shortly after but the tech was definitely out and working at that time.

Ugh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom