Son of DVC members....

Daniel Benton

Original Poster
My parents are DVC members, and we are travelling out in less than a week and I was wondering.... Can i take advantage of the discounts available?

This is the first time we have been away and I won't be spending everyday with my parents!

Crafty

I don't think so. When I have used the DVC discount, I have been asked for a member card and picture ID.

Do you have an AP? That gives about the same discount.

BigTxEars

We used it a lot last week at WDW in many different places, we always presented the membership card and my ID, even when my wife was the only one present they allowed the discount. Not sure if you could present the card with your ID or not.

Daniel Benton

Original Poster
I don't think so. When I have used the DVC discount, I have been asked for a member card and picture ID.

Do you have an AP? That gives about the same discount.

Okay, thanks! :) no we dont, :( Ill ask when we get there! :)

We used it a lot last week at WDW in many different places, we always presented the membership card and my ID, even when my wife was the only one present they allowed the discount. Not sure if you could present the card with your ID or not.

Oh right... thats interesting! May be worth a try!

slappy magoo

Chances are each of your parents has a membership card. I'd suppose if they let you have one of those cards to take with you, you could present it at places where a discount is available. I see you're only 19, so unless you're a really old looking 19, chances are they'll figure you're the kid of a member and give you the discount. You could also just be honest and say "my folks are DVC members, here's their card" and they'll probably hook you up.

dreamfinder

Most of the DVC discounts are received by showing the DVC membership card. Now typically flashing it is sufficient, I don't think they have actually looked at the name on mine, but you would usually need the membership card. In the past some CMs might have accepted the KTTW that said DVC member on it, but since Magic Bands are in use you most likely would need the membership card.

Edit: If you live in the same household as your parents, then I do believe you can be added to the membership and receive a card.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Chances are each of your parents has a membership card. I'd suppose if they let you have one of those cards to take with you, you could present it at places where a discount is available. I see you're only 19, so unless you're a really old looking 19, chances are they'll figure you're the kid of a member and give you the discount. You could also just be honest and say "my folks are DVC members, here's their card" and they'll probably hook you up.
This is your best plan of action. If you have ID with the same last name and you have your parents card and you explain that it's your parent's card you have a pretty decent shot of getting the discount. It may depend on who you get at the register. They will ask you for both the member card and your ID in most cases.

StarWarsGirl

I am also a child of a DVC member. I mostly used my AP last time, but I did get the DVC discount a few times where the AP discount wasn't offered. Even though I was down there with a friend without my parents, not even using our points, I could get it for both of us. They basically checked my last name against my dad's and would let it through. Both my mom and I have used the card before without issue since our last name is the same. You shouldn't have an issue

Daniel Benton

Original Poster
I am also a child of a DVC member. I mostly used my AP last time, but I did get the DVC discount a few times where the AP discount wasn't offered. Even though I was down there with a friend without my parents, not even using our points, I could get it for both of us. They basically checked my last name against my dad's and would let it through. Both my mom and I have used the card before without issue since our last name is the same. You shouldn't have an issue

Thats amazing! Thank you so much! :) exactly what i wanted to hear!!

Thank you everyone for you're input - sorry i haven't replied to you all, been travelling home ready for monday!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom