Somethings wrong with Illuminations

llrain

Original Poster
Tonight was our 3rd night in a row doing illuminations.
We are Illuminations fanatics. I couldnt tell you where or when or the Name
of the scene, but theres alot missing from this show since we went last October.
Also there are some new colors added with alot taken out.
The earth barge moves out much quicker and the finale is a dud now.
Theres no apolocypse of fireworks that there used to be, theres all duds now.
3 Years ago we clocked Illuminations in at 22 minutes.
Tonight was 12 minutes.

imagineer boy

Could you be more specific on the changes?

Also, I think the Illuminations ROE version has always been around 12 minuites. I think you saw the Peace on Earth finale those 3 years ago which only plays during the Holiday Season.

Rob562

And wasn't the Inferno Barge scheduled to be out for refurb for most of May? I'm sure that'll leave a noticeable hole in the show for someone who knows it.
They also may have added additional pyro to make up for the loss of "oomph".

-Rob

raven

Saw it last Saturday night (before the inferno barge rehab) and the only thing missing was the fireworks they shoot of from around the edges of the lagoon. But then those are hit-or-miss anyway. The show has always been around 12 minutes as well unless you see it with the POE tag, 4th of July or on NYE.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
3 Years ago we clocked Illuminations in at 22 minutes.
Tonight was 12 minutes.

As mentioned by others, the regular show is 12 mins, and has been since day 1. The longer shows for July 4, New Years, and Peace on Earth holiday edition are between 15 and 20 mins depending on the show.

nepalostparks

I must have missed it... but there is a current refurb on the inferno barge? Am I understanding correctly that it is currently out of the show, and if so, any idea when it is coming back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom