Something to consider when a CM goes above and beyond

larandtra

Original Poster
We all know that when anyone in any service industry does somethign wrong we tend to complain loudly. Its a natural instinct. But, we often forget to also call out service that is excellent. At 1145 Friday night at Island Mercantile in Animal Kingdom, we had such an experience. The young lady helping us was absolutely amazing. She was patient as we asked about the AP merchandise for Pandora, answered all of our questions, and even took the time to give us her opinion. She had been working since just after noon and had already dealt with several people who asked to purchase AP merchandise without an AP and then were rude when she told them it would cost her a job if she broke the rules. After our encounter, on our way out, we went by guest relations to inform them of the excellent service and happened to get the person who fills out customer thank yous. There is a tweet site that is run by Guest sevriuces members that my daughter does some commentary when we are in the parks for. Apparantly they printed off her tweet, and did some sort of card and presented it to the employee. My understanding is this can be very valuable in personel file for the CMs and they mean a great deal. So when you get great service and have a moment, tell someone and get those CMs recognized. They deserve it.

DisAl

We pick our top four or five outstanding CMs every time we go an send an email to Disney after we return home. I have had calls from Disney about our letters and yes, any comments you make about a cast member goes into that CM's personnel file. I have also been told that those comments do have an impact on a CMs future at Disney. So if somebody really does go above and beyond the best thing you can do to return the favor is to let Disney know about it.

DisneyGirl28

Hi y'all! Whenever I want to recognize a Cast Member, I love to send a tweet to @WDWToday on Twitter. It's easier than writing a letter and I can do it right there so I never forget to recognize someone. Plus, they'll reply back when the Cast Member receives the compliment with a photo so I know the Cast Member was recognized! It's awesome! If you have Twitter, check it out! They like to use #CastCompliment with all their tweets!

Megbutnotmegan

Hi y'all! Whenever I want to recognize a Cast Member, I love to send a tweet to @WDWToday on Twitter. It's easier than writing a letter and I can do it right there so I never forget to recognize someone. Plus, they'll reply back when the Cast Member receives the compliment with a photo so I know the Cast Member was recognized! It's awesome! If you have Twitter, check it out! They like to use #CastCompliment with all their tweets!
I do the same thing! I love that they follow up on this stuff and let the cast know they were complimented.

JIMINYCR

I dont think weve ever had a trip where several CMs havent gone above and beyond for us. We always recognize their helpfulness and show our appreciation by making out a comment card at Guest Services. We always carry cards with us that we have printed out prior to our trips to hand out to those CMs too. You can find an assortment of designs and styles at Tagrel.com. CM's say they love getting them from guests and keep them as memories of their time working for Disney.

Last edited:

I am Timmy

One trip I was waiting in the Tower of Terror shop for my fam (I love it there) and I noticed my purse hanging wonky. The outside looked fine, but upon looking on the inside, I realized one entire side of the lining had ripped free. So, every time I put my hand in, it went in the hole! I was thinking - oh great, this is not going to be usable for 12 more days, I'm going to have to buy an expensive purse just to get me through, etc. While messing with my purse, a CM asked if I needed help. I said, " my purse just ripped out." She excused herself, telling me she would see what she could do. She actually asked another CM if she could go on break. Next thing I know, she returns with with three large safety pins! I was like, where did you get those?! She said she always carries them in her purse for emergencies, but had to go on break to be able to go where her stuff was stored so she could get them! Holy cow, I was able to totally pin the lining back, couldn't even tell. I was so impressed, when she left to finish her break, I asked the other CM to see the manager. I waited until she came out (my fam had gone on again) and told her all about the BEST CM ever! She promised she would do something special for her, and I got a fix for my purse! It held so well that it lasted the rest of the trip, and I was able to sew it when I got home.
Oh, and we also sold a house one time while we were in Disney - staying at WL. They brought in a notary to witness the signing, and faxed them off for us - no charge! I love Disney.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We all know that when anyone in any service industry does somethign wrong we tend to complain loudly. Its a natural instinct. But, we often forget to also call out service that is excellent. At 1145 Friday night at Island Mercantile in Animal Kingdom, we had such an experience. The young lady helping us was absolutely amazing. She was patient as we asked about the AP merchandise for Pandora, answered all of our questions, and even took the time to give us her opinion. She had been working since just after noon and had already dealt with several people who asked to purchase AP merchandise without an AP and then were rude when she told them it would cost her a job if she broke the rules. After our encounter, on our way out, we went by guest relations to inform them of the excellent service and happened to get the person who fills out customer thank yous. There is a tweet site that is run by Guest sevriuces members that my daughter does some commentary when we are in the parks for. Apparantly they printed off her tweet, and did some sort of card and presented it to the employee. My understanding is this can be very valuable in personel file for the CMs and they mean a great deal. So when you get great service and have a moment, tell someone and get those CMs recognized. They deserve it.

My DH tweeted about Irv, an incredible CM at the Poly.
IMG_0511.PNG

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not only do this for those CMs who went above and beyond, but anyone in the service sector - the barista at Starbucks, the cashier at your grocery store, the store clerk at Macy's, the bus driver of your kid's school bus, etc. These individuals have the power to make our lives and daily routines pleasant and hassle free....or the opposite. So when you get that little extra, don't tell just the person, but their boss. Positive reinforcement from customers is an amazing reward...and motivator.

IanDLBZF

I'd Tweet @WDWToday on Twitter or go to Guest Relations to compliment the CM. I did the Twitter thing once to compliment our server at Beaches and Cream back in April, and went to Guest Relations to compliment Nick & Judy following the 12:30 PM Move It Shake It Parade on May 11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom