Something special in store for our next trip!

wsmith1978

My partner and I are returning to Disney World in February, for our 5th trip in as many years. Last month, we sent a letter to several key players at Disney, including Meg Crofton, expressing our love for Disney World, how much it means to us, how much we love the Wildnerness Lodge, and our excitement for celebrating 2 major life events in such a special place (our 10 year anniversary, and my 100lb+ weight loss this year). I am beyond ecstatic to be able to spend a week at Disney World as a healthy, fit person for the first time in my life. I was 300 lbs last February, during our last trip, and honestly, I never felt worse. I could barely fit on Space Mountain and Expedition Everest. I've been seriously overweight for many years, but this year was the worst. The physical and emotion strain of being that heavy was enormous. I can't wait to be able to experience this trip, for the first time, feeling better than I ever have in my entire life, mentally and physically. To have the self-confidence to be able to publicly express my enthusiasm for everything Disney will be a real treat, rather than wanting to hide behind others and repress my excitement in years past.

Anyway, last week, our phone rang and we were surprised to see "Hollywood Studios" on our caller ID. It was a very, very nice lady named Joan, in the "Guest Experience Services" dept calling in reference to our letter to Meg. She congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary, and my weight loss, and said they wanted to do something special for us on our next trip, which would be to give us a VIP viewing of one of their parades or Spectaculars... not including Wishes (lol). From the choices we were given, we picked "Fantasmic!". Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this trip more than any other. Yay Disney!! Thank you!!!

She also mentioned several times how much they appreciated our love for the Wilderness Lodge, so a little part of us can't help but wonder and fantasize... is there something more in store?? :) But, we won't be disappointed if there isn't. We just think it's nice that they even acknowledged our letter, let alone arranging this viewing for us.

wiigirl

Awesome! :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

Britt

Seriously, congrats on the weightloss!! That is so exciting and I'm sure you worked incredibly hard to get there! <3

Yay for a special viewing!! Hoping there's something special in store for you 2!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

That awesome! I love hearing how Disney goes above and beyond for their guests. Living in today's world its great to see that there are still nice people willing to go above what is expected. Congrats on your 10 year anniversary and your weight loss!!!

Upvote 0

Obi

congrats on the weight loss!!!!!

i also sent an email to meg crofton, after i returned from my trip to the world in 2011. told her about how 3 of the cm's went out of their way to help make our trip more easier and magical. about a week later i also received a call from joan. sweetheart of a lady. the way she talked to me on the phone wasn't business-like. it was more like talking to an old friend.. she also gave myself, and my family, on our next trip a vip seating to one of the parades or shows. i took her up on her offer for this past september. sadly, due to health and financial reasons, we ended up not being able to go. had to cancel the trip.

anyway, i'm glad that you lost the weight and feel more alive and able to express your love for disney! go enjoy the heck out of it!!!

Upvote 0

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I'm so sorry you weren't able to take advantage of that opportunity. Which parade or show were you going to see? I wonder where the VIP seating area is?

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

I received a lovely voicemail from Joan once, after emailing Meg Crofton about an awesome CM we encountered. She left her number in case I wanted to call back, but I just never got around to it, so busy with school and work. It was very nice for her to go out of her way to give me a call though. Congrats on losing the weight! That is awesome! + Enjoy your anniversary!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom