Something on top of Epcot monorail station?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I was at Epcot today and notices a bunch of equipment on top of the monorail station as I was leaving. I also noticed, they have a generator on the ground underneath with cable running up top. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to snap a pic. However, it did not look like it was roofing or A/C related, it also had a covering, like a white tent but a clear plastic front and seemed like it had electronic equipment in there. I have to wonder if it's NextGen/MyMagic related?

Has anybody else noticed this, and/or asked about? I will be here for a couple more days and hope to get a good pic before I leave and will post.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I noticed it too I've heard it's for the Monstrous Summer event

Projectors, maybe? Doesn't make sense, unless they plan to maybe "paint" Spaceship Earth as a giant Mike Wazowski? But why the front, if that's what the plan is? If I have an opportunity to go back, I'll look for more from on the back side.

Now that I think about it, that does make sense. A giant Mike Wazowski projected on to Spaceship Earth!

Sadly, we leave Thursday morning. :(

PhotoDave219

I was at Epcot today and notices a bunch of equipment on top of the monorail station as I was leaving. I also noticed, they have a generator on the ground underneath with cable running up top. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to snap a pic. However, it did not look like it was roofing or A/C related, it also had a covering, like a white tent but a clear plastic front and seemed like it had electronic equipment in there. I have to wonder if it's NextGen/MyMagic related?

Has anybody else noticed this, and/or asked about? I will be here for a couple more days and hope to get a good pic before I leave and will post.

Its a temporary thing that should be gone by Saturday.

PhotoDave219

Projectors, maybe? Doesn't make sense, unless they plan to maybe "paint" Spaceship Earth as a giant Mike Wazowski? But why the front, if that's what the plan is? If I have an opportunity to go back, I'll look for more from on the back side.

Now that I think about it, that does make sense. A giant Mike Wazowski projected on to Spaceship Earth!

Shame ROE doesnt go off high enough in the air to get a shot with frontside SSE & the fireworks without being in the middle of the parking lot....

Tip Top Club

Nailed it.

Tim_4

Was that really just a guess or did you know? I wasn't going to post it first but I can confirm. It's the same 3D mapping technology used in the castle shows.

rnese

Hahaha...WAZZZZZOWSKI!

Taylor

Now that I think about it, that does make sense.
4i.jpg
Should know by FRIDAY ;)

(Don't know anything just noticed you're username)

Tim_4

Maybe they can fly the Dragon over also for the media so they can see it again and not the general public. I am not sure how much work the 3D mapping is, but really spend all they effort just for the media?
Not just the media. It will probably be filmed and used in promotional material. Plus, you want to have a "wow" moment to encourage the media to talk you up when they go home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom