something new..

figmentbaby

Hmm, the most I ever spent in one EVENING for dinner alone was 1200 bucks at Victorian and Alberts...I worked about 6 months for that (by the way that was only evening money)!!!! Insane right?

The funniest thing that ever happened to my family and I at WDW was when my dad went to the bathroom and came out...he had a huge toilet cover seat thingie stuck in his shorts. My sister and I were going to tell him, but we had to take pictures first! Then Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum went behind my dad and starting laughing (we were by the Tea Cup ride). Well I thought it was funny? :confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentbaby
Hmm, the most I ever spent in one EVENING for dinner alone was 1200 bucks at Victorian and Alberts...I worked about 6 months for that (by the way that was only evening money)!!!! Insane right?

WOW! What an appetite!!;)

Maria

Originally posted by figmentbaby

The funniest thing that ever happened to my family and I at WDW was when my dad went to the bathroom and came out...he had a huge toilet cover seat thingie stuck in his shorts. My sister and I were going to tell him, but we had to take pictures first! Then Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum went behind my dad and starting laughing (we were by the Tea Cup ride). Well I thought it was funny? :confused:

I´m sure he was delighted.... :eek:
:lol:

Funny??

I was at the condiment bar in tomorrowland (sorry I forget which counter) and felt someone tap me on the shoulder...as I turned to see who it as a HUGE blackbird flew off my sholuder...all I could think about was Hitchcock's "The Birds" :rolleyes:

Maria

hehehe... you just reminded me... This didn´t happen to me but to a fellow cast member. While we were waiting for a rehearsal of a special event to start at the America Gardens Theatre, we were chatting at the bleachers when all of a sudden a friend of mine was hit by a fish that one of those birds spitted on her! That was real funny, but it was even more, when a week later, working at the WSC Plaza, she got hit again with another fish! She was so lucky! :p

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Angelique
hmm Most I've spent.. and you guys who know or are cast members are going to laugh but it has to be 80 + dollars at property control for Christmas presents for my roommates (hey I had NO money ... I was on the CP what do you expect). But other than that it was about 50 I spent my last day at Epcot getting the few MUST haves before my flight the next day...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. :D I did something very similar, only it was gifts to bring home... Cheesy stuff like a retired Countodwn to Extinction doll, a Jar-Jar Binks stuffed, t-shirts, sweaters... :rolleyes:

Lhriangel

Hehe.. this year they had TONS of DCA stuff so I was able to get some NICE DCA shirts for my mom and dad. Property Control is a life saver when you are on the College Program :).

Maria

When I had the Xmas discount, I went to the Contemporary and bought brand name clothing, perfumes and Monet reproductions at the French Pavillion, stuffed animals, and some stuff at MillVill. We also used it for dinners in many restaurants... :animwink:

s25843

Originally posted by NowInc
Im glad someone else noticed it....i was getting burnt out on 20k,Mission:Space, and BK topics...

lets instead start talking about something a bit more...fun..

Ok..so heres a question::

Whats the most money you have spent at WDW in a single day..

for me..its 300 bucks...

$900
Some Art from the Art of Disney Stores, and Dinner at Victoria and Alberts at the GF

Figaro

Ok one of my funniest moments may not be too funny for the squimish. Back in 1990 (?), I went for spring break from college with my roomate. We went to Chef Mickeys one night, when it was still at the Disney Market Place. Of course, we had a few bags of stuff we bought at the stores. We put them down on one of the ledges around those square garden boxes and sat down. When I went to grab my stuff, I felt something really soft and furry. Thinking a stuffed animal fell out of the bag, I grabbed it to put it in the bag. I was quite shocked to pick it up and see it was one of Mickey's distant cousins....a cute little rat. (Can you tell I'm an animal lover!) I screamed, not b/c it was a rat - that didn't bother me, it just surprised the heck out of me. A whole bunch of people came over to look.
The poor thing was so scared, he looked like he was in shock! I felt so bad for him! :( I quick took his picture, after all who would believe I found a rat a WDW, esp. outside of Chef Mickeys. Then I "helped" him scurry into the bushes. We got quite a laugh out of it later. :)

jcmayid

The most we've ever spent has probably got to be about $500 last time we went to WDW. We bought a sweater, a throw, about $80 in those delicious scented candles, food and I can't even think of the rest. You guys definitely beat us here though.

NowInc

I can tell you the most I have spent on TURKEY lets in one day (cover your eyes mom)

25 dollars....I was so damn hungry.....

s25843

Originally posted by NowInc
I can tell you the most I have spent on TURKEY lets in one day (cover your eyes mom)

25 dollars....I was so damn hungry.....

LOL You Must Have Been Hungry, jeez how could you eat that much LOL

Smitty

Since most of my funniest stories about WDW have to do with the College Program and are highly inappropriate for this website, I'll go with one about my parents.

They came down to visit me in early December and we were standing on one of the wooden walkways at the Rivers of America and my Dad was eating a Churro. All of a sudden one of those monster seagulls swoops down and snaps off the churro in his beak and flies off! The best part is that my Dad jumped about a mile and the churro was broken off about a half inch from his hand. We still laugh about it all the time!

Mr. Toad

Not sure what the most I ever spent was. I had hope to set that record this year - $12,000 to join DVC at the Beach Club Villas but alas I really can't afford it :( . Of course there is always the hotel bills - $1938 for the Beach Club (but my company paid half of it so does it count?).

As for funny stuff (this is a bit disgusting), once my parents let me take my best friend with us (my brother didn't want to go that year). We were having dinner at the Tangaroa Terrace at the Polynesian and my friend and I were having a contest to see who could eat the most disgusting thing. We were trying spoons of pepper, ketchup packages, pats of butter, etc. Well, my dad order something that came with bamboo shoots. I asked him how they were and he said they were great and gave me one to try. I started eating it and spit it out because I thought it tasted awful. My friend proceed to pick it up and eat it. He won the contest. I'm sure my parents had a discussion that night about losing us both in the parks and leaving.

Oh that's easy -- we spent around $20,000 in one day at Disney. It was our wedding day, of course -- heehee!

But seriously, I'd say the most we ever spent at one shot was when we bought the Michael Graves Mickey dishware at the Gourmet Mickey store. Five-piece service for 12 plus the serving tray, sugar & creamer set, salt and pepper shakers and the stainless steele teapot, tray and glass mugs with Mickey head handles probably came to about $1200 after CM discount. At the time we had just gotten engaged and decided on a ceremony two years down the line to give everyone time to plan and save for Disney and were both living with our parents so money was no object. What I'd give to go back to those days (when money was no object, not when I was living with my parents!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom