Something new - ideas?

Jedi Osborn

Hey guys I haven't posted out here in about 10 years, looking for a bit of advice. We visited last year and had a blast. We're a family of 5 and we discovered new restaurants and the concept of the dessert party!!
We stumbled on a trip for this year, and are going again in late April. I'm looking for something "new", like how we discovered dessert parties last year. Is there something else in there we can try out, something a little different? I know that's a bit nebulous, but I'm open to all kinds of ideas.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
This is Animal Kingdom's 20th Anniversary year so check out what's new over there starting on April 22nd (Earth Day). They have a Party for the Planet going on over there from the 22nd to May 5th. Also you will be there for the Flower and Garden Festival and there's always a lot of stuff going on over there.

Pam

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
There is the Wanyama Safari and dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is pricey, but if it is in your budget and you love animals, it was a fantastic experience (plus the family style dinner at Jiko was yummy!) The person who gave our tour was really interesting and told us about his research on giraffes. Until then, I had no idea how much animal research Disney funded.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
What about some of the activities at FW? Archery per kayaking perhaps.

Or hire a watercraft of some kind either on Bay Lake from Contemporary or Crescent Lake from Sammy Duvalls. Or be even more adventurous and do parasailing! Not sure on the age limit for that though.

Fireworks or Illuminations cruise

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Great ideas, thank you. We're hoping the frozen dessert party is extended to April. That would be fun.
Does anyone know if they're still doing the backstage tales tour at animal kingdom?

Upvote 0

macefamily

The Festival of the Arts will be going on at Epcot. When we were there last fall, it was the Wine and Food festival. It was the first time we ever went to it. It was awesome. The Festival of the Arts will have the outdoor kitchens which you have to try. The different foods from around the world were incredible. You just get a small portion and they usually cost $5 to $10. By the time we made it around the world, we were all full from trying the different cuisines.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
That festival of the Arts idea sounds like fun. Not that my diet will allow it on top of the dining plan, but my teenage daughters will go nuts! Thank you!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom