Something I have found out about the electronic buzzers you get at WDW restaurants

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
You know how when your given an electronic buzzer at a Walt Disney World restaurant that will buzz or vibrate when your table is ready & they say won't work in certin area's or guest rooms of the resort. Well when I went to the Concourse Steakhouse with my Dad we forgot something in our room at the Contemporary & as we were up there our buzzer went off saying our table was ready. So I guess for some fluky reason it worked up there or the Cast Member was wrong. Anyway what do you all think of this?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
You know how when your given an electronic buzzer at a Walt Disney World restaurant that will buzz or vibrate when your table is ready & they say won't work in certin area's or guest rooms of the resort. Well when I went to the Concourse Steakhouse with my Dad we forgot something in our room at the Contemporary & as we were up there our buzzer went off saying our table was ready. So I guess for some fluky reason it worked up there or the Cast Member was wrong. Anyway what do you all think of this?

It's a fairly straightforward bit of radio propagation physics. If you're "in range" it'll work, if you aren't, it won't.

I suspect that it doesn't necessarily work in all rooms or even in all areas of any room, based on the amount of cement in the structure of the Contemporary. So the CM was probably playing it safe saying that you shouldn't expect it to work in the rooms. That it did is good in this instance, otherwise you'd have missed your meal :lookaroun

LeeSeeBabe

And always remember...clean your hands after using these before you eat, as this things have been everywhere and are probably covered in tons of bacteria!! :hurl:

Erika

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:

What do I think? I think that those buzzers probably disappear pretty often and they are expensive to replace. If I was running a restaurant I wouldn't want people walking off with them, either.

Aside from that, I wouldn't want to take the chance that a party would end up in a dead spot where the buzzer didn't work, and come back screaming at my host/hostess because they have lost their spot.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Erika said:
What do I think? I think that those buzzers probably disappear pretty often and they are expensive to replace. If I was running a restaurant I wouldn't want people walking off with them, either.
Aside from that, I wouldn't want to take the chance that a party would end up in a dead spot where the buzzer didn't work, and come back screaming at my host/hostess because they have lost their spot.
I'll have to agree with you, they probably seem like a pretty innocuous souvenier to some guests.

I would even venture to guess that they probably work pretty well at a distance, but the CM's tell guests otherwise to prevent them(quest and buzzer) from wandering off.

Erika

unkadug said:
I would even venture to guess that they probably work pretty well at a distance, but the CM's tell guests otherwise to prevent them(quest and buzzer) from wandering off.

My thoughts exactly! :)

MickeyTigg

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:

What do I think....I don't care. Does it really matter how far away you can get and still have it go off. When it vibrates, they want to report at the desk ASAP....it's not like you're going to catch a last minute ride on Space Mountain.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom