Something going on this weekend?

kal1484

Original Poster
I just tried to get Pop, and then just a Value for this weekend, and they are all booked...is something going on this weekend I don't know about?

Heatherbell

It's school vacation week out here in the Northeast. Connecticut had it last week, Massachusetts is this week and alot of other schools in the area have it next week. Plus I am sure a lot of families that have kids on vacation are extending their vacations through the weekend. You don't want to be in WDW right now, LOL.

kal1484

Original Poster
Hm...werid. Oh well. We're not going to disney really, have things to do up in the area, and usually Disney w/discounts are the cheapest hotels....plus if we go it'd probably be to just walk around...thanks for the info.

MissM

The place was full of dance troupes with twirling batons when I was there last weekend. I don't know how long they're supposed to be around. They also had a stage set up in Tomorrowland for singing groups. Before this, it was the cheerleaders. So I think they've got a bunch of these kid/teen events going on right now.
-m

imagineersrock

wdwprincess03 said:
I just tried to get Pop, and then just a Value for this weekend, and they are all booked...is something going on this weekend I don't know about?
Cheer and dance National championships.....

They usually take over the Pop and Allstar hotels.

Gucci65

HMGhost13 said:
and see, here in NC, charlotte specifically, it's one day off then back to school *whip sound*

Well at least the kids in NC got Monday off. Here in Georgia, all the schools were out except for Gwinnett County. We had to makeup the gas day that Gov. Barnes gave us off to save fuel. :rolleyes:

imagineersrock

sricketts said:
oh no, I'll be there this weekend??!!???
At those specific hotels, or just on property?

If you're on property it really isn't too bad... They've been here for weeks now (and will be for a few more) and besides the occassional loud group of teenage girls all wearing the same jumpsuit hair and makeup it really hasn't been bad at all.

If you're at one of the hotels they're staying at... well, I'll pray for you. :lol:

imagineersrock

Lee said:
Well...I was going to go this weekend...maybe not, now. Sounds a tad busy.
It's really hasn't been that bad...

Not sure if I'm right about this, but it always seemed as though the cheerleading deal at Disney was this huge event that took up one week/weekend a year. If that was the case, they've changed things and spread the competitions out. The cheerleaders/dancers/twirl-ers(?) have been here for competitions for the past month or so now and will continue to be here for competitions for the next few weeks as well.

miles1

Gucci65 said:
Well at least the kids in NC got Monday off. Here in Georgia, all the schools were out except for Gwinnett County. We had to makeup the gas day that Gov. Barnes gave us off to save fuel. :rolleyes:

"Gas Day"? Was that to save gasoline for the buses, or is the cafeteria food that bad?

Gucci65

miles1 said:
"Gas Day"? Was that to save gasoline for the buses, or is the cafeteria food that bad?

:lol: :sohappy:

Hmmmm, my daughter will NOT eat the cafeteria food so maybe........

Thanks for the laugh. Actually - remember the supposed gas shortage after Hurricane Katrina hit?? Well, people here freaked out and everyone hit the gas pumps - paid $3.00 a gallon and sat in line for 40 mins to get gas (just happened to be on empty myself that day). Anyway, in an effort to save gasoline - Gov. Barnes closed our schools for two days. Parents got really annoyed cause daycares down here follow public school holidays and then decided they would close down to. Lots of people could not go to work cause they had no daycare. That didn't affect me since I have a teenager, but it was/has been a total pain in the butt and I hope it doesn't happen again any time soon.

Magic Maker

EXTREME MAKEOVER HOME EDITION is filming in my old neighborhood which is a suburb of Orlando. It is taking place about 30-40 minutes down I-4 from Disney. Among the many other things happening (Daytona race, school vacations, and the snow) this has also helped occupancy at WDW.

starflyer59

The bassmaster classic is going the 23-26 feb. Espn owns bassmaster and their headquarters is in celebration, right outside disney. Not sure where all the fishermen are staying but they are expecting thousands of people for the classic.

BwanaBob

EVERYTHING is booked rock-solid... Value through moderate. Of course there's still the suites @ some of the deluxe... if you want to shell out $400+...

Had to settle for a 'deluxe' room at the Hotels of LBV for tomorrow night, just to keep it under 2 Ben's!

kal1484

Original Poster
BwanaBob said:
EVERYTHING is booked rock-solid... Value through moderate. Of course there's still the suites @ some of the deluxe... if you want to shell out $400+...

Had to settle for a 'deluxe' room at the Hotels of LBV for tomorrow night, just to keep it under 2 Ben's!

They have Caribbean for 150 a night (AP) but I think we're just going to stay off property...it's just nice being on, plus sometimes it's cheaper.

MKCP 1985

This is the Mardi Gras weekend and many people from Louisiana and the coasts of Mississippi and Alabama will be at WDW, with their kids out of school much of next week. Plus, the cheerleader competitions are still going on as well. And who knows what else.

We started making our plans months ago and there were no low rates anywhere.

Hope to see you in the parks. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom