Trip Report Somehow I'll make a fan out of you - January 2018 **COMPLETED**

IMG_7611.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:

The post-Disney depression has officially set in. Actually, it set in as soon as I took the Tragical Express to MCO.

WHY does departure day exist?!?! Why can't I always be in my happy place!?! Why do I live in a place where the air hurts my skin?!?! Why can't I live in Orlando??

Such is life I guess!! To help cure my Disney blues and to hold me over until my next trip (which fortunately is never too far away), I thought I'd share my travels with all of you :joyfull:

[You can find my PTR here]
WHO: Myself (Rebecca/Becca) and my boyfriend Daniel
8rqfO5lzTe6+lgFf7UW65Q.jpg

WHEN: January 16th-22nd 2018
WHERE: Coronado Springs and Beach Club
WHY: Long story short, we've been dating for 3 years and wanted to celebrate!

This was Daniel's first trip as an adult (my 16th), he hasn't gone since he was 3 years old. He told me the only thing he remembered was riding Dumbo, so I knew that I had a challenge before me.... so I got inspiration from Mulan and thought to myself...

Somehow I'll make a FAN out of you!!!

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
I’m still in a daze about it!
I feel like it’s a dream - the clothes are ready to go in the case and Mickey ears but it’s still not sunk in - it’s quite surreal!

Looking forward to meeting you! I’m nicer than Nicole! - lol
(Only joking Disney friends are just the best!)
I need to start packing!! Can't wait to add more Disney friends to my list of people I've met :)

prfctlyximprct

It’s a freaking blizzard today so I am finally l able to catch up!!!! Love all the giraffe pictures! They are so cute and I love that they come up so close. I’m not complaining about any picture overload. Bring em on!! :)

It’s super cool you got to hear a ROAR! It’s like the real life version of I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KINGGGG!!

Love the picture of you waving with Mickey! That’s my favorite wall in all of AK! Next time I need to find the “you are most beautiful” wall...

Ahhh our meet-up! :inlove:

You are toooo sweet and I am soooo thankful we are able to meet on accident! I am emotional!

Trying to avoid the forums like a plague now because I know you and @Longers are going (she’s not nicer than me :p ) jk jk, and I know @blgauger is gonna try and meet yas and @Doc Disney has a trip coming and WHY OH WHY AM I NOT GOING!!!

:(

Thanks for keeping the Disney magic alive even for a bitter old Ursula like myself :p

becca_

Original Poster
It’s a freaking blizzard today so I am finally l able to catch up!!!! Love all the giraffe pictures! They are so cute and I love that they come up so close. I’m not complaining about any picture overload. Bring em on!! :)

It’s super cool you got to hear a ROAR! It’s like the real life version of I JUST CANT WAIT TO BE KINGGGG!!

Love the picture of you waving with Mickey! That’s my favorite wall in all of AK! Next time I need to find the “you are most beautiful” wall...

Ahhh our meet-up! :inlove:

You are toooo sweet and I am soooo thankful we are able to meet on accident! I am emotional!

Trying to avoid the forums like a plague now because I know you and @Longers are going (she’s not nicer than me :p ) jk jk, and I know @blgauger is gonna try and meet yas and @Doc Disney has a trip coming and WHY OH WHY AM I NOT GOING!!!

:(

Thanks for keeping the Disney magic alive even for a bitter old Ursula like myself :p
My sister is from Maple Shade - if you know where that is - so she's having a snow day as well :hilarious:

I keep trying to find that wall but I have no idea where it is!!

Tell Joe the wedding is off and you're moving to Disney :p

prfctlyximprct

My sister is from Maple Shade - if you know where that is - so she's having a snow day as well :hilarious:

I keep trying to find that wall but I have no idea where it is!!

Tell Joe the wedding is off and you're moving to Disney :p

I’m trying to make my invitations today and it’s almost 500 bucks. I’m debating sending out emails and booking a Disney trip instead. LOL :p

I did write BE OUR GUEST on the top so I chalk that up as a win for me ;)

And ahh your sister is so close! So happy I have power so I can escape with your report :)

LeighM

I’m trying to make my invitations today and it’s almost 500 bucks. I’m debating sending out emails and booking a Disney trip instead. LOL :p

I did write BE OUR GUEST on the top so I chalk that up as a win for me ;)

And ahh your sister is so close! So happy I have power so I can escape with your report :)

After one cancelled wedding and a lot of wedding stress and family tension, my now husband and I eventually eloped. And honeymooned at WDW :)

ndsu84

I just joined here and haven’t introduced myself yet but I have to comment on your thread. It’s so awesome!

My wife and I went to Disneyland for our honeymoon when we were slightly younger than you two, 32 years ago. I remember thinking how lucky I was to have such a beautiful wife and be in the happiest place on earth!

It looks like you have a pretty amazing guy there, who likes what you like. But he’s even luckier to find such a beautiful, enthusiastic Disney girl!

We arrived at Disney World about the day you left. We brought our 4 kids, their spouses and our 3 grandkids. I still have the feeling of how lucky can I get?

becca_

Original Poster
I just joined here and haven’t introduced myself yet but I have to comment on your thread. It’s so awesome!

My wife and I went to Disneyland for our honeymoon when we were slightly younger than you two, 32 years ago. I remember thinking how lucky I was to have such a beautiful wife and be in the happiest place on earth!

It looks like you have a pretty amazing guy there, who likes what you like. But he’s even luckier to find such a beautiful, enthusiastic Disney girl!

We arrived at Disney World about the day you left. We brought our 4 kids, their spouses and our 3 grandkids. I still have the feeling of how lucky can I get?
Thank you and welcome to the forums!!

How awesome - I really want to honeymoon in Hawaii but make a stop at Disneyland for a few days since we are on NY time, it will take a bit to adjust!

I am very lucky!! Thank you for the kind words :)

sheriffwoody

Best snack EVER? It was soooooo yummy. All of you NEED to try it!! :p:hungry:
I have thought about getting this so many times! Adding it to my list for this month :D

I knew a lot of people were in MK (Nicole, Brittany, Kristi, Megan) but I didn't wanna infringe upon their plans so I thought maybe I'll see them around!!

I'm like LEGITIMATELY mad at you for not messaging one of us!!! :hilarious: You better say something next time, you could have met us at the Native American!

Doc Disney

I knew a lot of people were in MK (Nicole, Brittany, Kristi, Megan) but I didn't wanna infringe upon their plans so I thought maybe I'll see them around!! And I did!! LOL. When we were coming up to the PM, I saw @sheriffwoody and @blgauger coming down! I didn't wanna yell across the whole platform so I just let them go! I said to Daniel, "Hey! I know those girls! They're my friends!!" He was like, "From school?" I said, "No? The internet" :hilarious:

Aw man!!! I wish we saw you ! Next time you definitely need to message me/us!
Also, just yesterday at work one of my front desk girls was asking me about why I go to Disney all the time...I was like....I just love it who needs an explanation. But then felt like I had to add something so I said "I have a lot of friends down there..." er.... @blgauger is the only one I know who lives there....:joyfull: I almost said internet friends are down there a lot too but I figured that wasn't going to help my case :hilarious:

becca_

Original Poster
I have thought about getting this so many times! Adding it to my list for this month :D

I'm like LEGITIMATELY mad at you for not messaging one of us!!! :hilarious: You better say something next time, you could have met us at the Native American!
You must try!!! I didn't want to be annoying!! :hilarious::hilarious: But I promise I will next time :joyfull:

Aw man!!! I wish we saw you ! Next time you definitely need to message me/us!
Also, just yesterday at work one of my front desk girls was asking me about why I go to Disney all the time...I was like....I just love it who needs an explanation. But then felt like I had to add something so I said "I have a lot of friends down there..." er.... @blgauger is the only one I know who lives there....:joyfull: I almost said internet friends are down there a lot too but I figured that wasn't going to help my case :hilarious:
Hahaha people seriously ask me ALL THE TIME! "Doesn't it get boring?" "Aren't you too old?" "WOW isn't that expensive?" like no!!! I'm gonna go until I can't anymore!! :joyfull:
Enjoyed your great photos and trip report. Hope you both had a wonderful time.
Thank you! We did :)

becca_

Original Poster
Last Day - Monday January 22nd:

We woke up pretty early, about 6:30-7am and had to pack up the rest of our stuff so we could bring it to the airline check in downstairs.

These are our "We're sad and don't want to leave" faces :(
IMG_8123.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg

Umm can I please have this?

I ate my cupcake for breakfast and BOY was it delicious!!:hungry::hungry:
IMG_8131.jpg

We headed downstairs and checked our bags in. Soon we were out the doors and headed to Hollywood Studios for once last fun morning.
IMG_8135.jpg
IMG_8135.jpg
IMG_8138.jpg
IMG_8139.jpg
IMG_8140.jpg
IMG_8141.jpg

The sunrise was BEAUTIFUL this morning - I'm so glad we got to see it :)
Up next: more sunrise pictures/possibly some DHS :D

becca_

Original Poster
Last Day con't:
IMG_8146.jpg
IMG_8147.jpg
IMG_8149.jpg
IMG_8148.jpg
IMG_8153.jpg

A little friend decided to join in on the fun!!
IMG_8164.jpg

We had been waiting a while for a boat, but I googled it and it said they didn't run until about an hour before park opening. It was nearing 8:10 and no boat in sight, so we decided just to walk.
IMG_8165.jpg
IMG_8167.jpg
IMG_8169.jpg

I see you, ToT!! :)

Up next: DHS!

MeeskaMooska0714

Honestly I wasn't going to cry except I witnessed during the "You'll be in my heart" section, a Dad in front of me hugged his daughter and they swayed back and forth. I don't even want kids but this made me cry!! It was SO sweet. Crying as I type this too LOL
OMG!! I've been MIA on my TR, so I haven't gotten to the HEA part yet, but this was totally me and H!!! :cry::cry::cry:
The most amazing thing ever happened - Daniel got picked for something!!!!
Tim got picked for something once too! I think it was the twin monsters? They asked him where he was from and then told him he was wrong about everything! I really wanted him to get picked as "that guy"! :hilarious:

becca_

Original Poster
OMG!! I've been MIA on my TR, so I haven't gotten to the HEA part yet, but this was totally me and H!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Tim got picked for something once too! I think it was the twin monsters? They asked him where he was from and then told him he was wrong about everything! I really wanted him to get picked as "that guy"! :hilarious:
I swear I was doing FINE!!! But then those people had to make me cry :hilarious::hilarious: Such a sap I tell ya!

I have not stopped laughing about Daniel being picked LOL he was so adamant about NOT doing it that when it happened I was in tears hahaha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom