Some of Jungle Crusie Not working

disneydiva72

Original Poster
My family and I are in Disney and today we were on the JCruise and NONE of the head hunters were moving and the big gators were "dead" but on a good note, everything on Splash Mountain was working again.

I wanted to come back and add that we did Sorcerers of the kingdom, well we did SOME of it but my youngest found it to be boring so we did not finish, but he LOVES Kim Possible, in our opinion, Disney kinda dropped the ball on it.....just OUR opinion tho.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My family and I are in Disney and today we were on the JCruise and NONE of the head hunters were moving and the big gators were "dead" but on a good note, everything on Splash Mountain was working again.

I wanted to come back and add that we did Sorcerers of the kingdom, well we did SOME of it but my youngest found it to be boring so we did not finish, but he LOVES Kim Possible, in our opinion, Disney kinda dropped the ball on it.....just OUR opinion tho.

Very worried that it's gonna be a big disappointment :shrug:

disneydiva72

Original Poster
The SOK? It was to US but some others may love it, we just found Kim Possible to be more challenging and love how things are not just on a screen.

Crush Dude!

The SOK? It was to US but some others may love it, we just found Kim Possible to be more challenging and love how things are not just on a screen.

Yeah that seems to be the main worry!
This may become a short distraction as opposed to an attraction :shrug:

wilkeliza

I have realized since our first trip that now the Jungle Cruise is very much a hit or miss. Even if the animals aren't working CM can joke it off as the alligators are sleeping or something but most just do the speil and go about the day as if nothing is happening.

On our trip in January my group got the last ride and our boat was just our party of 4 mid-20 year olds and we were trying to have fun because all of us had rode the Jungle Cruise before. The CM instead of having fun with us gave my boyfriend a really snide comment and at one point when we delivered the punch line to a joke she just blatantly said "Do you want to do my job?" in a really nasty tone. We laughed it off but it just rubbed me the wrong way. There was no one else on our boat and seeing as we were following the rules by sitting down she should not have been so rude and mean. I've have been in a full boat before with massive Disney fans and the Captains always seem to be happy and play along with the guests but this particular girl must have been having an awful day or something.

alissafalco

I have realized since our first trip that now the Jungle Cruise is very much a hit or miss. Even if the animals aren't working CM can joke it off as the alligators are sleeping or something but most just do the speil and go about the day as if nothing is happening.

On our trip in January my group got the last ride and our boat was just our party of 4 mid-20 year olds and we were trying to have fun because all of us had rode the Jungle Cruise before. The CM instead of having fun with us gave my boyfriend a really snide comment and at one point when we delivered the punch line to a joke she just blatantly said "Do you want to do my job?" in a really nasty tone. We laughed it off but it just rubbed me the wrong way. There was no one else on our boat and seeing as we were following the rules by sitting down she should have been so rude and mean. I've have been in a full boat before with massive Disney fans and the Captains always seem to be happy and play along with the guests but this particular girl must have been having an awful day or something.

next time get her name and make a complaint

wilkeliza

next time get her name and make a complaint

It was so late and we were actually with a cast member that we laughed it off. This trip was our lets not worry trip so anything that happened that we didn't really like we laughed off and went about our day. I know in the long run that doesn't help keep the Disney magic alive and people up to standard but we just chose for this specific trip not to lodge any complaints unless it was completely unacceptable. We did go out of our way to leave positive customer service comments because like I said this trip was about being positive, fun and easy going. When you focus on the positive you'll realize there are a lot of great CM around.

What was the best part of the trip was sitting in Customer Service for a little bit and listening to the crazy complaints CM deal with every day. The best one was a family that complained that crowd control after the fireworks was completely unacceptable because he shouldn't have to wait to get out of the park. I wanted to be like I'm sorry sir you and hundreds of other people are trying to exit at the same time. It was also just funny that he thought that Disney should know his schedule so that he doesn't have to fight the crowds to get out.

Crush Dude!

It was so late and we were actually with a cast member that we laughed it off. This trip was our lets not worry trip so anything that happened that we didn't really like we laughed off and went about our day. I know in the long run that doesn't help keep the Disney magic alive and people up to standard but we just chose for this specific trip not to lodge any complaints unless it was completely unacceptable. We did go out of our way to leave positive customer service comments because like I said this trip was about being positive, fun and easy going. When you focus on the positive you'll realize there are a lot of great CM around.

What was the best part of the trip was sitting in Customer Service for a little bit and listening to the crazy complaints CM deal with every day. The best one was a family that complained that crowd control after the fireworks was completely unacceptable because he shouldn't have to wait to get out of the park. I wanted to be like I'm sorry sir you and hundreds of other people are trying to exit at the same time. It was also just funny that he thought that Disney should know his schedule so that he doesn't have to fight the crowds to get out.

Ah the plight of the unprepared!! :ROFLOL:

Jim Handy

This is the kind of stuff that happens when you put off a refurb for about 5 years. Phil doesn't like refurbs. (Unless it's for his beloved Haunted Mansion or it's a necessity.)

disneydiva72

Original Poster
I do want to add that we had a skipper named Alex who was laugh out loud funny, he ad libbed here and there but still kept to his script, but being a person who has rode JCruise so many times she could grab that mic and play the part, it was amazing to be able to actually not just chuckle but LAUGH on that ride.

Clamman73

what was the best part of the trip was sitting in customer service for a little bit and listening to the crazy complaints cm deal with every day. The best one was a family that complained that crowd control after the fireworks was completely unacceptable because he shouldn't have to wait to get out of the park. I wanted to be like i'm sorry sir you and hundreds of other people are trying to exit at the same time. It was also just funny that he thought that disney should know his schedule so that he doesn't have to fight the crowds to get out.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Texas84

I've been on cruises where the skippers make fun of the broken and missing effects. Half the boat gets those jokes. Sometimes the fail makes the ride better! :ROFLOL:

WDW1974

Who cares?

If some of the JC isn't working, then obviously some of it is working, right?

And really why should YOU expect more than that at all?

If attractions in disrepair anger you, then perhaps you should go to UNI and leave the MAGIC of WDW to the rest of it.

~OK, how many will ...?~

Brian Noble

Can I be both? I don't get my panties in a bunch if a few effects don't work at the WDW parks, AND I'm going to spend a week doing "not Disney" this June.

-brian, a "switch hitter"

WDW1974

Can I be both?

This is the USofA, the greatest nation on Earth (or Pluto, which I hear isn't a planet anymore ... I guess sorta in the way Chaz Bono isn't a girl), so you Brian can be whatever you want to be (if da Man lets ya!)

I don't get my panties in a bunch if a few effects don't work at the WDW parks, AND I'm going to spend a week doing "not Disney" this June.

Well, clearly you are wearing the right kind of panties then ...:ROFLOL: ... I bought some new underwear myself this week and they keep my most Spirited parts very comfy!:cool:

-brian, a "switch hitter"

That's OK, I appreciate diversity!

~Why do people buy white underwear?~

RSoxNo1

In theory, broken effects in the Jungle Cruise should be the easiest of all to handle if they'd just let the skippers make fun of the broken effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom