Some Help on first trip to Disneyland

tomast

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I am traveling to california next year and after being on Tokio and Paris and NOT going to any Disney parks I decided its time to go to the original castle park.

I am a big WDW fan but have no idea about Disneyland Resort. I can only say that the streching room is actually an elevator over there and that maybe PoC is kind of better to some some of the Disney Fans....
¿can you give me any tips or ideas or "strategies"? I have a 2 day pass and i am going to go on late May 2020.
Thanks!

TP2000

Hi everyone, I am traveling to california next year and after being on Tokio and Paris and NOT going to any Disney parks I decided its time to go to the original castle park.

I am a big WDW fan but have no idea about Disneyland Resort. I can only say that the streching room is actually an elevator over there and that maybe PoC is kind of better to some some of the Disney Fans....
¿can you give me any tips or ideas or "strategies"? I have a 2 day pass and i am going to go on late May 2020.
Thanks!

It's a question we get a lot around here, so many of us regulars have been contributing to a thread designed exactly for this question. It's aimed at WDW regulars (since this is actually a WDW website, although we are on a secret mission to take it over and make this website as Southern Californian as an In-N-Out Burger eaten on the way to Disneyland while listening to the Beach Boys) and you'll find most answers to your questions there. And you can ask whatever else you want in that thread too.

You'll find it here... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guide-to-dlr-for-wdw-veterans.875596/

Good luck!

tomast

Original Poster
It's a question we get a lot around here, so many of us regulars have been contributing to a thread designed exactly for this question. It's aimed at WDW regulars (since this is actually a WDW website, although we are on a secret mission to take it over and make this website as Southern Californian as an In-N-Out Burger eaten on the way to Disneyland while listening to the Beach Boys) and you'll find most answers to your questions there. And you can ask whatever else you want in that thread too.

You'll find it here... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/guide-to-dlr-for-wdw-veterans.875596/

Good luck!
Thanks!

tomast

Original Poster

Good luck!
Thanks for the time, I really apreciate your help and that post help me a lot!!
In your opinion... wich FP should I take first when I enter the park?? and for california adventure??

I guess Radiators Springs Racer should be the one on Cali or maybe GoG:MB ?
and in Disneyland i am a bitt confussed is it space moutain? the matterhorn? indiana?

PiratesMansion

Thanks for the time, I really apreciate your help and that post help me a lot!!
In your opinion... wich FP should I take first when I enter the park?? and for california adventure??

I guess Radiators Springs Racer should be the one on Cali or maybe GoG:MB ?
and in Disneyland i am a bitt confussed is it space moutain? the matterhorn? indiana?

If we're being objective, Space at DL and RSR are probably the best choices.

However, both also have the best single rider lines on property, IMO, so it may be better to use those, especially if you are indeed a solo traveler or your group doesn't mind splitting up. Matterhorn also has a decent singles line.

If you're using the singles lines, Guardians and Indy should be your first FPs (Indy has a singles line, but it's terrible and I wouldn't recommend it. You MIGHT save time, or you might end up waiting the same as the regular line or longer, it's the roll of the dice. Splash is the other ride that springs to mind as having a terrible singles line).

EDIT: I see that you have a 2 day ticket. If at all possible, you should add at least one more day. Disneyland is best experienced in a minimum of three days. If you can add more days onto that, so much the better. You then will get one Magic Morning that can be used to enter Disneyland one hour early on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, when most of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be open, IF you buy your ticket online. I also recommend getting park hoppers (parks right next to each other, no need to re-enter bag check or security, can be done in under five minutes if there are no lines) and MaxPass to maximize ride time.

Last edited:

Rich T

Ride every dark ride in Fantasyland, especially Alice and Mr. Toad.

As you face the Matterhorn Station, the left track is wilder, but the right track is a better overall ride.

SuddenStorm

Something to know with this is that standby is always the left side and fastpass is always the right side. It might be fun to try both.

I'll usually request the side I want if I have a preference, and have never had a problem with getting it, if you want to ride a different side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom