Some Grand Floridian Resort restaurants closed this week

COProgressFan

I'm wondering if some new requirements in the kitchen that are being implemented in a hurry.

Could be building code related too? Fire suppression over cooking areas etc?

Absolutely sounds like something like this. Something in a building/fire code or health code that they just discovered or had been neglecting and need to make updates to. Fire suppression systems, waste water treatment/grease trap issues, etc. Really it could be any number of things, but whatever it is, it is significant enough that they feel they need to address it quickly.

Goob

Then why not just releas that information? It's better that have people wondering if there is a rat infestation or not.

JohnD

No they have all been table service closures.

There is also a Grand Floridian dining experience during the F&W festival at Citricos. Could be repairs/maintenance in anticipation of that.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...resort-and-spa/food-wine-brunch-with-a-twist/

Speaking of which there is also a Contemporary Resort dining experience at the "Contemporary Catering Kitchen" (whereever that is). Again, maybe more maintenance that needs to be done to pretty up the place causing Chef Mickey's to close?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/contemporary-resort/food-wine-secrets-of-flavor/

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Fire Code violations, Kitchen Hood Testing, Kitchen Equipment Replacement, pest control, cleaning, etc all can be during off hours or even during business hours.

My suspicion is that this is something in a building system that affects the ability of the restaurant(s) / kitchen(s) to operate. Lets say like a a water shutdown, sprinkler shutdown, gas shutdown. I think it may be something to deal with water and water quality. I wouldn't be surprised if you see more of the "unplanned shutdowns" affect other resorts as well.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think if two restaurants at the GF had MAJOR health code violations that would necessitate closing the restaurants affected to correct, it would be in the local newspaper. It's public record. Our local paper in town reports violations of this nature.

COProgressFan

I think if two restaurants at the GF had MAJOR health code violations that would necessitate closing the restaurants affected to correct, it would be in the local newspaper. It's public record. Our local paper in town reports violations of this nature.

I don't know if anyone is saying they have major healthcode violations. As has been mentioned, there are many other things that would necessitate closing the kitchens that are not health violations per se.

Again, needing to shut down water or waste systems for maintenance, discovering that fire suppression systems or equipment is not up to code, exhaust system fans are failing to operate to specifications, gas lines need to be replaced, etc.

Those are not things you would see on the typical health dept. inspection reports, but are important issues that would be need to addressed promptly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom