Some DVC Newbie Questions

kellydisney

Original Poster
We are considering renting DVC points for our Wedding/Honeymoon trip next year. We are going to be staying 2 weeks and I was wondering...

Would we be able to rent from 2 different people for the total number of points we will need? Or are you "pretending" to be Mr. X who actually owns those points??

Can you transfer from the Boardwalk for 1 week to the Beach Club for 1 week?

If you are using DVC, can you pay for the Disney Dining Package and have that included?

Can you use the Magical Express Bus while using DVC?

Any additional info is appreciated. Thanks!!

DisneyPhD

You can rent from 2 different people I belive. You are not pretending to be the DVC owner. They should put your name on the ressies. You can move or change resorts. You can go from a studio on the weekend to a one bedroom during the week at the same resort if you want to save points too. They will all need sepreate ressies and check ins.

You can not get the dinning plan currenlty, but I hear they are working on this. No idea when that will be.

You can use ME transportation. (any on prop place can.)

Both BW and BCV are very popular. Depending on the time of year it might be difficult to get in if the points are not rented from somone who owns at that reasort and books at 11 months.

While a one bedroom is very lovely, a honeymoon couple can fit just fine in a studio. If you do a one bedroom for part of the trip and studio for the other part, make sure you end up in the onebedroom. Otherwise it can be a bit of a letdown.

DVC does not have normal mousekeeping. We are fine (less interuption and in your room.) However that means no towl animals or special treats left for honeymooners. You do get towel and trash halfway through your stay (over 4 days) and a full cleaning if you stay over 8 days (in one room with out changing.)

Also DVC has a new rule that is you want to change your room you need to do it right away or they charge you a $25 fee. So if you get there and something isn't right, make sure they know right away.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DisneyPhD summed it up rather well. :) I was going to suggest renting points from someone who's Home Resort is the one you wish to stay at, thereby giving you the 11 month advance to book the room. You'll want to book as soon as you can, to ensure that you can get the type of room you want, at the location you want.

Other than that, have fun!

GrowingUpDisney

We are DVC members and usually change resorts during our stay. We have luggage transfered from one resort to another by the Bellman without any additional charge. You might want to look into that if you do change resorts.

kellydisney

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone!

We just had the dining plan by using the "free" September deal and I would really love to use this again. I hope they change this soon! Dining reviews to come ;)

So how do you go about "renting" the points and finding the people to rent from?

And how do you know that person is legit? I'd hate to arrive and find that we were bamboozled...

Aurora_25

kellydisney said:
Thank you so much everyone!

We just had the dining plan by using the "free" September deal and I would really love to use this again. I hope they change this soon! Dining reviews to come ;)

So how do you go about "renting" the points and finding the people to rent from?

And how do you know that person is legit? I'd hate to arrive and find that we were bamboozled...
I know that on the Dis boards they have a whole section dedicated to renting points from people...I have heard it's a pretty good system...

DisneyPhD

Aurora_25 said:
I know that on the Dis boards they have a whole section dedicated to renting points from people...I have heard it's a pretty good system...

I would agree with this. Infact the Disboards info on DVC is really good, there are 1,000 of DVC members there. We only have 50 or so here at magic.

Leyann

Just to let you know, before someone said that they thought that you can combine points from two different members and have it your name, I just want to let you know that you can definatly do that, I did that this past May. I went with a few friends of mine, two of out parents are members and we combined both of our points and then put the reservation in our name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom