Some Disney workers are full of lies

Dragonrider1227

I'm not sure if CMs are "liars" or just "Misinformed"
And if the Yeti was every actually OUT of the ride, might as well just close the ride. That's like doing IASW without the dancing dolls.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The ride is great Yetti or no Yetti and they did show the yetti teating up the tracks shadow so that helped with the show. I like going backwards and you feel like your going to get thrown out of your seat, thats an adrenalin rush.

Rabflmom

I thought there was a problem with the way the Yetti was built to work and that it was actually doing too much damage to the mountain so they had to turn it off except for just flashing lights on it????? Thought I read it on here when it first stopped working. Could have just been one of the rumors that sstick in my head....<g>

rsoxguy

I should state that I have never worked for WDW, or any Disney related company. With that said, I think that it is difficult to accept judgment against a group of people based upon the actions of a relatively minuscule sampling of that group. WDW employs tens of thousands of people. I have come across a few CM's over the years that did not represent the Mouse well, but I find that the vast majority of CM's do a good job at fulfilling their duties at WDW. If we can name 100 examples of bad CM's on this thread, we can also come up with tens of thousands of good examples. The numbers are disproportionate.

fractal

I should state that I have never worked for WDW, or any Disney related company. With that said, I think that it is difficult to accept judgment against a group of people based upon the actions of a relatively minuscule sampling of that group. WDW employs tens of thousands of people. I have come across a few CM's over the years that did not represent the Mouse well, but I find that the vast majority of CM's do a good job at fulfilling their duties at WDW. If we can name 100 examples of bad CM's on this thread, we can also come up with tens of thousands of good examples. The numbers are disproportionate.

Agreed - and that's been my experience.

greebomusic

:sohappy:

fractal

The ride is great Yetti or no Yetti and they did show the yetti teating up the tracks shadow so that helped with the show. I like going backwards and you feel like your going to get thrown out of your seat, thats an adrenalin rush.

Disagree - the ride is good without the Yeti and great to awesome with the Yeti in A mode.

steener618

Totally! When I was a CM we were never told to lie per say, but 'embellishing the truth' to keep the magic was almost required. Like when a litte girl asks what the 'string' coming from the castle (the line for tink during wishes) is and telling her it is Cinderella's clothes line!

Really? When I was a CM at MK, I told them it was Prince Charming's cable line so he could watch ESPN channel...(Lifetime channel for Cinderella) :lol:

Uncle Lupe

If you are going to ask questions about park hours and events ask guest relations not the CM at a loading platform.
I lie/embellish the truth everyday at my job(retail), as long as it makes you happy and keeps you moving on to the next person.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
bears.jpg

Gorjus

What do you do for a living?
Professionally, I lie to children on a daily basis and their parents thank me for it.

And yes Pumbus, that one with the pope went too far. That is my opinion. The bear one is funny.

muteki

I think front-line CM's are only told the bare minimum of information they need to know to do their job, and any other info they have that doesn't involve their specific post is just hearsay from other guests or other poorly informed CMs. Any credible information that they would have would have been researched of their own accord (from a source of their own choosing, I would guess).

The occasional visitor to this site is probably leaps and bounds more informed than the average front-line CM, and I don't think that most CMs take it upon themselves to stay informed to the degree that the average visitor here is.

Not necessarily their fault- just a reality I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom