Some Disney workers are full of lies

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Yesterday went on Expedition Everist and saw the the yetti was missing. I asked 2 workers where it was and they said I just didnt see it. They said the strobe lights flash on it. Now I saw no strobe lights allong with my buddy next to me. I said to both, you might be having some techinical issues and they said "no... its working, you just didnt see it". Later on I found out it wasnt working LOL. I know they arrant liars, I just couldnt think of a title short and sweet.

Thrill Seeker

Could just be misinformed. Calling CMs liars isn't a very good idea or a nice thing to do at all considering that many a member of this forum are CMs.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Could just be misinformed. Calling CMs liars isn't a very good idea or a nice thing to do at all considering that many a member of this forum are CMs.

Yeah your right, it was only 2 people and I talked to allot of people which sounded framiliar (verry nice people). I always end up having conversation with )disneyworkers and would like to work there if I can get a seasonal scheulde. I got a good eye, I know when something aint right ;).

BrerFrog

Well, I haven't been on EE for over a year, but from recent reports the Yeti is still there, it is just leaning a bit. However, I don't think one could say it is working.

dove_

Lots of people miss the yeti because it is only strobe lights and only for a second. The lights may not be on for certain trains for any number of reasons. CMs do their best to know what's going on, but sometimes maintenance may be working, and it's impossible (and impractical) to inform EVERYONE of small details like that. Show details like the yeti, while important to the ride, are sometimes things that can be sacrificed. Wouldn't you rather ride the ride without the yeti than not ride at all?

Rufus T Firefly

I rode EE for the first time ever in Jan. I completely missed the Yeti the first time through. I did see him (or what remains of him) the next two times.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I didnt see them flash. I guess it was a one time thing, but remember I wasnt the only one and I was sitting in the back. It could be a combination.

CP_alum08

Yeah, CMs don't lie...they just tell tall tales sometimes!

Totally! When I was a CM we were never told to lie per say, but 'embellishing the truth' to keep the magic was almost required. Like when a litte girl asks what the 'string' coming from the castle (the line for tink during wishes) is and telling her it is Cinderella's clothes line!

techiegsy

Well the Yeti is a living beast, even Disney can't make sure he's in the right place at the right time. It's been said that sometimes he gets so annoyed with the party atmosphere, he just smashes the bulbs.

But seriously, why such wild accusations, they can't know the exact state constantly...

fractal

Last May, a CM at a KP Kiosk was trying to impress the kids and I with his knowledge of Walt Disney. We went on to insist that Walt created Felix the Cat before he did Mickey Mouse. I told him he may be confusing Felix with Oswald the Rabbit. Nope! He insisted that Walt created Felix.

OK - whatever. - Can we have our Kimunnicator now?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
When I was little I always thought when I was watching the old illuminations I was looking at the real countries across the ocean. I asked a worker why they looked so close and she said the lights were bright enough to light them up. I also convinced myself that the ocean gets to be small in some areas when I dodnt know much about the map.

wdwwdeagle

Yeti was there last week, but I had to lookthisquick to see him. It seems much darker in his area of the mountain right now than it was in early Jan, or ever before that I've ridden. shrug.

Brian

I would like to say that some CMs are liars. One blatantly lied to me, she was working at Splash Mountain. I had been hearing rumors about park hours being extended by an hour that evening. I asked one of the CMs at Splash and she said yes they have been. As I was leaving, the man who was doing loading came over and asked her "are you sure they have been?". I looked back and she hesitated for a second, and said "I'll tell you in a minute". I left, knowing they hadn't been.

I was right, the park closed at the advertised time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom