Trip Report Solo turned Mommy & Me turned 3 Generations Trip

We came home less than 48 hours ago, and I am not sure where I should begin to explain our short and sweet trip. I will warn you this will be a little wordy up front because a lot changed from the time I booked to the time we left for this trip. I will introduce the cast before we start

Gramma-almost 65
Cetta (me)-32
Joseph-5.5
Sadie-3.5
IMG_3634.JPG

When: February 10-12 (I know it's too short but you'll see why)
Where: All Star Music
Why?
Let’s start with what triggered this trip…I received twice as much as usual for my end of year bonus…woohoo! So I thought I would spend a little of it on myself (which I never do) and take a solo trip for two shorts nights…flights were cheap, there was room only deal going on, and I needed some time away from real life. I booked my solo trip in the beginning of January for February 10-12, way last minute considering all our other trips have been planned months, if not years in advance. Then two weeks after I booked, I told my mom about the trip, she was intrigued and wanted to join. I was a little hesitant to say yes because I was looking forward to doing what I wanted to do and not stopping but then I thought about the fact that this is my mom, when will I ever get another chance to go on vacation with just my mom and make amazing memories with just my mom? So I told her yes and booked her flight and added her to the room. Now a little bit about my mom….she is turning 65 on March 8th, so this was going to be a pre-birthday gift and the last time she was in Disney World was in the summer of 2001, about six months after my father died suddenly in a truck accident. She doesn’t really remember much of that trip because she was still trying to adjust to her new life and my aunt and uncle came with us and planned it all, we were just along for the ride. I am also extremely lucky that when my daughter was about 9 months old my mother decided to quit her job and watch my children full time. It’s so comforting to know my children are being cared for by someone who truly loves them with all her heart. My mom sends me random texts sometimes thanking me for giving her grandchildren. With my mom coming with me, I had to figure out who was going to watch my daughter, and get my son, off the bus while we were gone. So I asked my in-laws, who are both retired, if they could meet Joseph at the bus stop after school, hang out at our house until my husband got home, and have Sadie sleep over those two nights. My husband would take Joseph to school, they would just have to meet him at the bus stop…super easy right? Apparently not because their response was yes, but Joseph is only in kindergarten so he can miss school those days and just hang out at our house while you are gone. For some reason that was really bothering me.

Every Wednesday my brother’s family and mine meet at my mom’s for dinner, so it’s about a week and half before our trip and my mom is like we should take the kids with us…my brother is like no, this is for you guys don’t waste your time. But the fact that my kids were going to miss school to sit at my in-law’s house was driving me crazy and my kids have been begging for a vacation recently. My son is also really into Peter Pan right now and of course my daughter loves Frozen just like all the little girls out there. So I was kind of starting to feel guilty about it, if it was just me going it would be easy to just tell my kids it’s a work thing and I brought them home gifts from the local Disney store where I went, but with my mom with me now it would be even harder to explain and I was worried my son would end up hating me for it. So I stayed up late Thursday (10 days before our trip was to start) changing our room reservation to include the kids and getting flights for them to join us. This relaxing vacation was turning into a family trip…ugh, I was torn about the choices I was making but I knew the kids would love it.

When it was just my mom and I going we were going to do two days in the parks but when we added the kids I knew we needed a day for swimming so we switched it to a one day park hopper. I also had to change all our fastpasses to include four people…so we had Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion…I knew I needed Peter Pan and was checking constantly to change our HM to PPF. I wasn’t getting very lucky until the Thursday before our trip I just happened to check at 5:30am when I was packing everyone’s lunch for the day and there was availability for 10:40am on our day!!! I was finally starting to feel like things were falling into place.

We decided we would surprise the kids the morning we left (I can keep a secret for a week and a half but probably not much longer). It was hard packing and gathering things without the kids noticing, especially trying to figure out if last year’s summer clothing was going to fit still them. Not only that but a bad stomach bug was going around work and school, the week before we were to go my daughter got sick on Monday, then my son got sick on Friday at school and my daughter got sick again Friday night. Everyone seemed fine all weekend, but we decided we would just stay home and not leave all weekend because we were leaving Monday. Sunday night, I was starting to feel sick too, ugh! NOOOOO!!! I couldn’t sleep very well of course but managed to get about 6 hours in. We did our usual Monday morning routine so the kids weren’t questioning things but they started to ask me why I wasn’t making breakfast….um….I came up with the excuse it was a 2-hour delay so they would just have breakfast at Gramma’s house. When we got to Gramma’s house I gave Joseph a letter and told him he had to read it.

Cetta

Original Poster
Then we were on to our journey under the sea…wait was posted at 15 minutes and once again it was pretty accurate. More goldfish for the wait and Sadie really enjoyed looking at the shells and the little crab that pops up through the line.
IMG_3273.JPEG

IMG_3276.JPEG

Right when we were going under the sea the ride just stopped. They kept making announcements to stay seated and I am pretty sure it was because someone wasn’t staying seated. We were already into our FP+ time for Peter Pan and I was starting to worry we would be stuck for a long time and miss it completely. We ended up only being stuck for about 5-7 minutes, nothing terrible.

We stopped and took some pictures in front of Gaston’s Fountain. Joseph and Sadie had to show their muscles.

IMG_3280.JPEG

IMG_3283.JPEG

We went back to the stroller for a quick outfit change, Joseph put on his Peter Pan costume and Sadie her Tink dress (a hand me down from my cousin’s wife’s niece) for the main attraction! This was what Joseph had been waiting for!
IMG_3284.JPEG

We had to stop and do a mini photoshoot in our costumes.
IMG_3285.JPEG

IMG_3290.JPEG

IMG_3293.JPEG

The Fastpass line was still about a 15 minutes wait…no biggie! Joseph was so pumped! We were all able to sit in one flying Jolly Roger. Joseph was amazed! Kept pointing to everything and then right as we entered the area where we are flying over Neverland he asked if we were really flying, I told him yes, it’s Disney Magic, look at the boat in front of us, there is nothing below them so they are flying just like us. He totally believed me!
IMG_3295.JPEG

It was about 11:15 when we got out and we were ready to eat! We went back to the stroller and I knew we wouldn’t be back to this area of Fantasyland so I decided to do something we never do….have ice cream before lunch! I mean cupcake for breakfast, ice cream for lunch, wonder what we will have for dinner? One of the things I showed Joseph the morning before was a picture of the Peter Pan Float and he wasn’t going to let me forget. So we stopped at Storybook Treats to grab two to share. Happiest boy and Gramma on earth!
IMG_3299.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
Saw this little fellow on our way to lunch
IMG_3301.JPEG

I mobile ordered for Pecos Bill’s while we were in line for our ice cream. Two kids meals to share again! I didn’t take any pictures…sorry but I was starting to get hangry and some nasty lady yelled at me because my son started to walk outside and I stopped to get his attention and she was like “move! you can’t stop in the walkway” errr! No sh*t lady but pretty sure making sure my child doesn’t run away from me is more important. Anyway, we ate and then I told my mom Jack Sparrow was meeting and we might be able to get in line to meet him. She loved those movies when they first came out. So we headed out and got in line, waited maybe 10 minutes or less. When we got up to him, my mom asked Jack where he got his shrunken head, he replied “it’s me mum”
IMG_3664.JPG

Sadie wouldn’t get out of the stroller. Pretty sure it was because she didn’t want Joseph to get in.
IMG_3661.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

It was just after 12:30 by this point and I knew Peter Pan was doing his character meet at 1pm, so we headed that way to get in line. I think we were third maybe fourth in line. The kids colored while we waited. Joseph refused to put his costume back on but did agree to wear his Peter Pan hat. Now this was the highlight of our whole trip. I wish I had recorded this whole interaction, but I wanted to be present and experience it with the kids. My mom was crying the whole time, happy tears of course because this Peter Pan really made my kids feel special.

He greeted my kids by welcoming his shadows and giving them both the biggest hug. He really took his time with them.
IMG_3657.JPG
IMG_3655.JPG
IMG_3644.JPG

Cetta

Original Poster
Sadie handed him the autograph book and he noticed that their names were not in the front of the book so he asked their names and wrote them in the book with Stars so they would know how to get to Neverland. Then he wrote the sweetest note to them.
IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3652.JPG
IMG_3650.JPG

peter pan note.jpg

He invited them to Neverland and gave them one more hug each before we had to say good bye.
IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

My husband and I have a picture of us with Peter Pan and Wendy on our living room wall from our honeymoon in 2012, now this picture is right next to it!
IMG_3648.JPG

Joseph’s day was made, he was just invited to Neverland by Peter Pan and he was ready to go! This is seriously a memory I will never forget. Even my aunt was crying when I sent her pictures.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

not sure if this will work but I have been trying to upload the video of the kids finding out they are going to Disney World.

That video was the sweetest thing! How adorable!!

They ate their nuggies and talked about what we were looking forward to the most. We also watched the TSA’s “Stop, Screen, Go” video about a half a dozen times. My kids have always enjoyed watching that little video before our flights. We stopped at the ticket counter because it was finally 1:32 to get our seats moved to all be together. Super easy! We had to take a silly “Indy” photo before going through TSA.
View attachment 449590
As you can see my mom’s sweatshirt says New Jersey…we are originally from Madison, NJ but moved to a suburb of Indianapolis in 2006 after I graduated high school. When people ask where we are from, my mom still says NJ…I say Indiana because I have created two little Hoosiers so I feel like this is my home now.

We had borrowed a nice umbrella stroller from my mom’s neighbor for the trip. They bought it last year for their first trip to Disney and I only have our double stroller and I knew I couldn’t handle that alone on the buses. Going through TSA was the first time I needed to fold it and for the life of me I couldn’t figure it out. I was pulling and pushing and kicking…nothing!!!! I was starting to panic because um…closing this stroller is going to be a multiple day occurrence on this trip. Finally some young guy standing in line came over and did something to get it to close. He said he pushed on some lever and it closed right up! Life saver!!!! Thank you random guy in the TSA line at the Indy airport for helping!

Now that we were through the hard stuff, we found a seat and sat down. I brought crayons and printed mini Disney coloring pages for the kids and that is what they did while we waited for our flight.
View attachment 449591View attachment 449591
Since we had a stroller, they let us board after group 1 which was nice.
View attachment 449592
View attachment 449593
The flight was pretty uneventful which is always nice. Sadie fell asleep about half way through the flight.
View attachment 449594
Joseph caught up on some school work….his teacher gave him some books to write about his trip and some baggie books to read.
View attachment 449595
View attachment 449596
The only thing I will say about this flight is I am absolutely amazed at the number of people who have to use the bathroom during a flight. There was almost a constant line of people waiting to use the rear bathrooms we were seated by. Do people not go to the bathroom before a flight? I mean, we do! Or is it because people drink so much Starbucks/coffee before flights that they can’t hold it two hours before we land? I think I have only used an airplane bathroom once…and that was on an international flight.

We use the restroom before and after our flights, every time. But sometimes the starbucks gets you!

View attachment 449859View attachment 449860View attachment 449861View attachment 449862View attachment 449863View attachment 449864
That’s right…we were upgraded to the family suite! I was in awe!! Even the kids were pumped! Having three beds and two bathrooms was awesome! I think I used the fridge once and we used the coffee maker once too. If we were staying longer the little kitchenette would have been used more often. I can’t believe I didn’t take any pictures of the living room area….it had a table with four chairs and a couch. We put some stuff away, I switched my bags around so I had everything. I pulled the couch side down into a bed so we could put the kids right to sleep when we got back. We decided to head to Disney Springs around 7:30pm. We had Shirley status from All Star Music to All Star Movies….short lived but it was better than never lol
View attachment 449865

That is exactly what my daughter would be doing with that trunk!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

mlee10

Sadie handed him the autograph book and he noticed that their names were not in the front of the book so he asked their names and wrote them in the book with Stars so they would know how to get to Neverland. Then he wrote the sweetest note to them.
View attachment 450128
View attachment 450126View attachment 450125
View attachment 450121
He invited them to Neverland and gave them one more hug each before we had to say good bye.
View attachment 450122
View attachment 450123
My husband and I have a picture of us with Peter Pan and Wendy on our living room wall from our honeymoon in 2012, now this picture is right next to it!
View attachment 450124
Joseph’s day was made, he was just invited to Neverland by Peter Pan and he was ready to go! This is seriously a memory I will never forget. Even my aunt was crying when I sent her pictures.

We had this same Peter the first time we went. He was just AMAZING! Such great interaction with the kids. So happy your kids loved him! What a great memory to have!

KellBelle

So cool about the Peter Pan meet and greet! It's awesome when they are so in character and are so great with the kids! What a fun memory!

fizzieee

I'm so glad your kids had such a great experience during your meet and greet with Peter Pan! From your photos, it looks like Peter was really into it and it's just so cool to see the characters come alive for the kids like that :inlove:

Cetta

Original Poster
We had this same Peter the first time we went. He was just AMAZING! Such great interaction with the kids. So happy your kids loved him! What a great memory to have!
he really does an amazing job...I posted on Instagram and twitter a cm compliment. hopefully he was recognized for his great work.
So cool about the Peter Pan meet and greet! It's awesome when they are so in character and are so great with the kids! What a fun memory!
it was the highlight of the trip and my son can't stop talking about it.
I'm so glad your kids had such a great experience during your meet and greet with Peter Pan! From your photos, it looks like Peter was really into it and it's just so cool to see the characters come alive for the kids like that :inlove:
wish there was a way to thank that cm personally for his magic.

Cetta

Original Poster
Our Fastpass time for Jungle Cruise was open so we headed that way. On our way I spotted a lonely photopass photographer, so we got some pictures with the castle.
IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG
IMG_3632.JPG

Before we got on our cruise, I had the kids take a picture in front of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse so I could send the picture to Pop Pop. His reply was are you going in it? my reply was we have a cruise scheduled.
IMG_3313.JPEG

My kids have never been on the Jungle Cruise because last year we got to the line three minutes after it closed because I didn’t remember that it was not part of the EMH. Oops! The kids were all about it and Sadie loved the elephants. My mom thought our skipper was a hoot and asked if it was supposed to be that funny. Um, yes, it’s the whole point of it. We waved goodbye to the people on the dock and went on our cruise.
IMG_3318.JPEG

IMG_3316.JPEG

You can tell by his face that Joseph was really into it.
IMG_3322.JPEG

We survived!

Our last Fastpass was for Pirates which was a favorite for the kids last year. I think we rode it 4 times on our last trip. Since we added the kids last minute our fastpasses were for different times, my mom and I had it for 1:45 and the kids had it for 1:55. It was now 1:47 so we waited until 1:50 to scan our bands. The kids were very confused haha Joseph really enjoys drawing and writing, so during our 10-minute wait or so, he was drawing an abstract picture of a postal worker putting mail in a mailbox. The lady behind us in line commented on his good work. Wish I took a picture of his picture because it was neat. He says he want to make movies or be a police officer when he grows up, Sadie wants to be a tree….good thing she has a while before she is grown. Gosh, I love my kids!
IMG_3323.JPEG
IMG_3324.JPEG

After our pirate adventure we headed to the hub because us adults wanted some caffeine and we were pretty set on buying Magic Kingdom Coffee mugs from Starbucks. When we got to the hub, I realized people we already finding spots for the parade, so I grab a nice spot on Main Street (almost to the hub) while my mom ran to Starbucks.
IMG_3326.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
The kids were very confused why we were just sitting on the curb, Sadie kept asking for popcorn and Joseph wanted to go look in a store to see if they had any Peter Pan items, he could buy with his remaining $5. My mom came back with our coffee and mugs, so I took Sadie to the closest popcorn stand to satisfy her cravings. I had her stop for a cute picture on our way.
IMG_3327.JPEG

There were Disney ducks while we waited in line.
IMG_3331.JPEG

One happy little girl!
IMG_3334.JPEG

On our way back to our spot I noticed another lonely photopass cast member. I approached her with high hopes of the hub zoom photo thing (whatever it is called) and I was right! Yay!!!
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG

When I got back to our spot I took Joseph quickly to the Emporium to ask about Peter Pan items, the kind CM advised me to look in Fantasyland. Since I took some photpass pictures we Sadie a couple times ago, I stopped with Joseph to grab a couple as well (I was holding my Starbucks behind my back because I didn’t want it in my pictures).
IMG_3620.JPG
IMG_3618.JPG

We got back to our spot and I noticed the popcorn barely eaten…I asked my mom and she said Sadie only had two bites of it. hahaha I took some pictures of the kids while we waited. They were clearly bored waiting for the parade.
IMG_3338.JPEG
IMG_3339.JPEG
IMG_3342.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
Then the frozen treat cart came by so I got the kids a frozen pink lemonade thing to share….they loved it! No fighting or arguing over not wanting to share, they sat there and enjoyed it together. The magic of Disney lol
IMG_3343.JPEG
IMG_3347.JPEG

We missed the parade last year when we came…kids were too cranky so we went back to the hotel to nap, so this was the kids and my mom’s first time seeing a Disney parade. It was enjoyed by all. My mom was like I am never watching a parade again….there will never be a parade better then this parade. Sadie was so happy to see Ana and Elsa…she swears Elsa waved at her. Joseph was so happy to see the Peter Pan float….Smee, Hook, Tink, Wendy, and the croc! The dragon was pretty awesome and one of the dragon’s henchmen kicked a bag we had. It was just so much fun! Here are a bunch of bad parade pictures I took.
IMG_3349.JPEG
IMG_3350.JPEG
IMG_3355.JPEG
IMG_3358.JPEG
IMG_3361.JPEG
IMG_3363.JPEG
IMG_3366.JPEG
IMG_3368.JPEG

After the parade we headed back to Fantasyland to check out a couple stores in search of Peter Pan stuff.

Cetta

Original Poster
First we stopped at Sir Mickey’s and quickly realized it was mainly princess stuff. Sadie did get fairydusted…still not out of her hair and it’s stuck all over the stroller we borrowed.
IMG_3371.JPG
IMG_3374.JPEG

We asked the kind CM about peter pan and he said that he is just too tricky to catch to make toys out of so there are none that he is aware of. Well thanked him and headed out. We wanted to get to Epcot before dinner. My mom and I took a quick selfie with the castle.
IMG_3376.JPEG

On our way out we stopped in the Emporium again because my mom wanted a magnet for her fridge. I got the notepad set I had been eyeing online, she got her magnet, Joseph picked out a notebook and pens. Sadie had fallen asleep in the stroller, so we let Joseph pick her out two things. He picked her out a little Olaf and a cute mickey head bracelet. He sure knows what his sissy likes.

We got on the monorail and got to the TTC by 4:30.
IMG_3380.JPEG
IMG_3382.JPEG
IMG_3393.JPEG

We were at Epcot by 5 and I love the easy of no bag re-check when taking the monorail from MK to Epcot. LOVE IT! Sadie slept the whole way…yay for stroller on the monorail. Somehow my mom’s finger scan wouldn’t work so they had to take her picture. We stopped at the bathrooms near The Land Pavilion since it had been a while since we stopped. Sadie took her Tink dress off while we were in there. Joseph gave Sadie the gifts he picked out for her and she was so happy! It was sweet…sometimes they love each other haha.

We decided we would head to World Showcase right away because we wanted to eat. The kids saw donuts and guess what they had for dinner? Yup! Gramma bought them donuts! We found a nice stop near a planter with a view of the lagoon while the kids enjoyed as Joseph said “the best thing ever”
IMG_3394.JPEG
IMG_3395.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
My mom and I decided to have margaritas from the stand in Mexico, so we headed that way after the kids were done with their donuts. Not sure what my mom got but I asked for the “Winnie the Pooh” marg, which isn’t on the menu but it is the flavors I like. Joseph sat done and worked in his notebook while we ordered.
IMG_3398.JPEG

IMG_3400.JPEG

Our plan was to drink our margs while in line to meet Ana and Elsa…that was a bust because they wouldn’t let us in the line with our drinks. I guess it worked out because Joseph was like “I am not going to meet a princess” He did last year and I think he gets all shy because they are so pretty haha. I told my mom to enjoy her marg and that if we are not out by the time she is done to head back to Mexico and go inside the building and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour with Joseph.

While we were in line to meet the famous sisters, Sadie finally agreed to put her Elsa dress on. She made friends with the girl behind us who was wearing an Ana dress. They became instant best friends! I felt like our whole morning was geared to what Joseph loves like Peter Pan and Pirates….tonight it was Sadie’s turn!

She loved meeting Elsa and Ana. It was another memory I will never forget. Both sisters were so happy to see Olaf with her and asked her if she loves warm hugs like Olaf. This picture is Sadie’s “I am really happy face”, not her “smile for the camera face.” Love it!
IMG_3614.JPG

She loved this experience and I was grateful that I was able to do it with her alone (without Joseph complaining about it). As soon as we left the room Sadie said “that was awesome!”
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3610.JPG
IMG_3611.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG
IMG_3617.JPG

Cetta

Original Poster
IMG_3602.JPG

When we got out of the meet and greet, Joseph and my mom were just getting back to their spot. “so you found the ride in Mexico?” I asked. “no I couldn’t find it and there were no signs and I didn’t want to get lost so we just came back” my mom replied. Oh gramma. Our plan was to have a couple drinks and a couple snacks/small meals tonight…well my mom couldn’t even get past the first drink haha I could tell she was tipsy, so we parked the stroller near the Donald meet and greet and I pointed out the big sign for the Gran Fiesta Tour before walking into the building. We pretty much walked right onto the ride and my mom was giggling and cracking jokes the whole time. When we got out of the Mexico Pavilion and the sun was setting and it was beautiful.
IMG_3414.JPEG
IMG_3415.JPEG
IMG_3417.JPEG

Joseph wanted to take some pictures too, so I handed him my phone.
IMG_3419.JPEG
IMG_3420.JPEG
IMG_3424.JPEG
IMG_3427.JPEG
IMG_3429.JPEG

Next on our list was Frozen Ever After with a 65 minute wait. That was the longest wait we would experience on our trip, so we took advantage of the wheelchair option we were told about in the morning. It was super helpful because my mom was starting to feel some pain in her hips from all her walking and standing today.

Cetta

Original Poster
More photos by Joseph
IMG_3433.JPEG
IMG_3436.JPEG

Elsa checking on the snow on the trees.
IMG_3437.JPEG

Wish Sadie’s face wasn’t missing from this because I am sure it was full of excitement. Also gotta love the guy behind my mom haha
IMG_3600.JPG

When we were out of the ride, we realized we hadn’t had a real dinner yet, yes the kids had donuts and we had margaritas but we needed real food. I ran to get the stroller while my mom and the kids waited in Norway, when I got back, I pulled out some glow stick bracelets for the kids because it was getting dark. I brought enough for each kid to have three. My mom was set on having Hummus from Morocco. When we were at the airport a lady mentioned to my mom how it was the best hummus, she had ever had so she had been thinking of it since then. So we headed that way, we look a look at all the booths and stuff along the way to see if there was anything that caught out eye to eat or drink. Nothing really popped out at us. We did stop at one art booth that had drawings of Star Wars for Joseph to look at. He was very fascinated that someone can draw that all by themselves. I keep telling him that if he keeps practicing, he can do that too. We eventually got to Japan and we split up, I went to get sushi with Joseph and my mom took Sadie to Morocco. We decided we would meet by the water in Japan to eat while we waited for the fireworks. I think it was about 8:20 when we met up. My mom had also got chicken nuggets and fries for the kids to share. Joseph played with my phone and took more pictures while we waited for the fireworks.
IMG_3440.JPEG
IMG_3442.JPEG
IMG_3444.JPEG

There was another family with two kids that were near us, the little boy kept watching joseph playing with his glow sticks. So Joseph gave one to the little boy and Sadie gave one to his older sister, the kids didn’t even complain that they had to share…wow…Disney magic haha. The little boy loved it and was dancing and playing with it. It was nice to sit and relax for a little while we waited for the fireworks. We had never seen Epcot Forever and boy were my kids absolutely amazed! The kites and lasers and stuff really caught their eye. Joseph didn’t notice the guys on the jet skis flying the kites so he swears it was real magic making them fly. I took like one picture because I just wanted to watch it.
IMG_3449.JPEG

We decided to head to Future World afterwards because it was EMH plus there wasn’t much going on in World Showcase and we had a big day so far. On our way we saw Peter Pan book photo opportunities in England, so of course Joseph needed some pictures, but they came out pretty bad because of the terrible lighting and my iPhone 7.
IMG_3451.JPEG
IMG_3455.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
Sadie was so excited to see these butterfly picture opportunities near the Land Pavilion.
IMG_3458.JPEG
IMG_3461.JPEG
IMG_3463.JPEG

I knew Joseph was tall enough for Soarin’ now, so we headed that way. My mom was not interested so she waited with Sadie outside because they wouldn’t let us take a stroller inside the building. Soarin’s wait was only 15 minutes but I don’t think we waited that long.
IMG_3465.JPEG

Joseph loved it! He really loved the ending when you fly over Epcot and Tink appears. When we got out, he was like we were flying just like Peter Pan! This was actually my first time seeing the new version and it was pretty amazing…wish things weren’t so distorted though. SSE had a 5-minute wait so I convinced my mom that we needed to ride it before we left. I know it is going to be refurbished soon so I wanted to get on it one more time before they did that. When it came to the question part of the ride, I asked joseph some questions, “would you rather live where we live now or NYC?” (I took him to NYC for a day last April when we visited my family in NJ) “New York City!” His father would freak out if he heard that…my husband grew up in the middle of a corn field and wishes we still did…um no thanks lol Well Joseph and I ended up living in the city with a robot that takes care of our dog when we go on vacations. I’m happy with that!
IMG_3469.JPEG
IMG_3470.JPEG
IMG_3471.JPEG

We were at the bus stop around 10:40 and I think we all were in bed by midnight. I would say we had a pretty successful one day in the parks! In the parks for over 13 hours, 10 rides, 4 meet and greets, parade, and fireworks!

Cetta

Original Poster
February 12

Today is our last day but we still have plenty to do! We had a Cape May Café ADR for 9:40 this morning. I thought for sure that was enough time to get ready, get the room packed up, drop bags off at the front and get there. I guess the problem was that I didn’t think that it would take a Minnie Van 25 minutes to pick us up…oops! We were all packed up and left the room around 9:15 and I requested the Minnie Van while we were walking. Dropped the bags off and the kids sat down to play while we waited.
IMG_3480.JPEG
IMG_3481.JPEG
IMG_3483.JPEG

The Minnie Van arrived at 9:37 and the driver assured us that it wouldn’t be a problem that we were a little late. My mom sat up front and talked to the driver…who was from NJ. They talked and he played Peter Pan and Frozen music for the kids.
IMG_3484.JPEG

The CM at the check in counter was very kind and said it was no problem that we were about 20 minutes late. He told me where to park the stroller and said I would receive a text when our table was ready. Walked to put the stroller away, turned around, got the text!

We were seated near a sandcastle and I went to go get food for the kids because I knew Daisy was close to our table. I got back when she was visiting the table next to ours…good timing!
IMG_3492.JPEG
IMG_3495.JPEG
IMG_3496.JPEG

The kids were able to eat a little before Minnie stopped by.
IMG_3498.JPEG
IMG_3500.JPEG

Joseph was bragging about the 2 kisses he got from Daisy and the 3 kisses he got from Minnie.

I was able to get my food and loved that I had Minnie and Mickey waffles! True love on my plate!
IMG_3503.JPEG

Cetta

Original Poster
We forgot to get the autograph book out for the first two characters, but joseph had it ready for Goofy!
IMG_3505.JPEG
IMG_3511.JPEG

Joseph was loving the chocolate muffin and Gramma was digging the pastries. Then Miss Sadie was not wanting to take a selfie with me and a tater-tot.
IMG_3514.JPEG
IMG_3515.JPEG
IMG_3517.JPEG

Donald Duck visited us next!
IMG_3522.JPEG
IMG_3527.JPEG

Gramma finally decided to get in a picture
IMG_3529.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom