Solo Travelers how much do you spend?

Tay

I’m planning a WDW trip for the 50th. I was going to buy an AP but the price is just to high right now. I plan on getting a 3 day park hopper ticket. Without my emergency money and souvenir money, my budget is at around $1500 and $2000 all together I think that’s a little to much.
I budgeted
$350 for food,
$600 for the hotel,
$100 for transportation,
$440 for tickets.

I’m debating whether to stay on property in a budget hotel or stay at a cheaper hotel that I’ve stayed at before to slash half my hotel budget. They have a shuttle but it’s a nightmare to get out of the parks at night and since I’ll be by myself I don’t feel comfortable getting in an Uber late at night if I miss it and my anxiety would drive me crazy. Is my budget reasonable?

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Sounds reasonable. Food costs can be lessened depending on what you do for meals and snacks and where you wish to dine. Ive tended to have less food costs when Ive gone solo, utilizing more counter service meals and snack options. Transportation costs if you stay on property and using Disney busing would be zero. A value resort room could possibly still be within your price range and solve the Uber anxiety. Ive gone solo in Uber many times at night and never had any creepy drivers or felt in danger. But if thats a major concern of yours then its better to be relaxed and comforted by using Disneys system.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
Sounds reasonable. Food costs can be lessened depending on what you do for meals and snacks and where you wish to dine. Ive tended to have less food costs when Ive gone solo, utilizing more counter service meals and snack options. Transportation costs if you stay on property and using Disney busing would be zero. A value resort room could possibly still be within your price range and solve the Uber anxiety. Ive gone solo in Uber many times at night and never had any creepy drivers or felt in danger. But if thats a major concern of yours then its better to be relaxed and comforted by using Disneys system.
Thank you! The food budget is so high because I want to try a lot of snacks at Epcot and AK. Yeah I plan on staying at a value hotel. I think it’s worth it for my anxiety. Plus they are extremely cheap on third party sites if you book closer to the date and you still get all the benefits if you had booked through Disney. Well at least for now.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Thank you! The food budget is so high because I want to try a lot of snacks at Epcot and AK. Yeah I plan on staying at a value hotel. I think it’s worth it for my anxiety. Plus they are extremely cheap on third party sites if you book closer to the date and you still get all the benefits if you had booked through Disney. Well at least for now.
There are a lot of unique snack options at EP, not as much at AK. Many of the options cant be found anyplace else unless you take a WDW trip. The Avatarland snacks are worth trying out. Its easy to spend a lot on those decadent snacks. You can go online and find the options and prices so you can figure out what money will be spent and what options are better to choose from. Those snacks can be very filling, so sometimes I end up skipping the cost for a dinner.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
There are a lot of unique snack options at EP, not as much at AK. Many of the options cant be found anyplace else unless you take a WDW trip. The Avatarland snacks are worth trying out. Its easy to spend a lot on those decadent snacks. You can go online and find the options and prices so you can figure out what money will be spent and what options are better to choose from. Those snacks can be very filling, so sometimes I end up skipping the cost for a dinner.
When I went to MK in July I was full from slushies and a kids meal. They brought some of the snacks I’ve wanted to try back. I wanted to eat at the Beauty and the Beast restaurant but I should save money until I go again with my family.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I follow a blogger who has cracked the cod of "mystery deals" on priceline so he can get really good discounts on hotels on property.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom