Trip Report SOLO + FOMO = DUO : Oct. '21 trip to WDW

Hello Friends!

I just spent last week in WDW and I'm excited to share another trip report with you all.

Back in August, I planned a SOLO trip to celebrate the 50th as a birthday gift to myself. My birthday is September 21st, but I was celebrating a month later in Disney!

One morning in September, my husband comes home from work (after working the night shift) and says he needs to ask me a serious question. Of course, all kinds of things start flowing through my mind. He proceeds to ask whether I would mind having his company on my trip. That he'd been thinking about how much fun it was going to be, etc. etc, but that if I really wanted to go SOLO he'd understand. I told him I'd love his company, however, it depended on a few things. One, you have to see if you can take vacation. He already handled that. Two, you have to see if flights are still available. Again, that was taken care of. Third, I had to check to see if park passes were available. He went to sleep and I got up to start my day. I logged on to work from home that day and immediately checked and saw that the same park days were available. So, I called Disney, added him to the reservation, scheduled his park days and voila. Since the original plan was for it to just be me, I was only planning on having quick service meals, but now that he was coming I also went ahead and grabbed some reservations. Fast forward to my birthday and we were out having brunch when he asks if it would be easy for us to add an extra day to the trip. When we got home, I called Disney to add an extra day and change our resort. I was originally staying at Movies, but we wanted Skyliner access. We were able to change flights easily as well. Final plans were now in place!

So without further ado, I hope you will all join in as I share our adventures!

Who: Josh and Heather
What: My Birthday Trip and WDW's 50th Celebration!
When: October 25-October 29
Where: Pop Century Resort
IMG_5061.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
October 24 and October 25

The day before we left, I had to get this little dude ready to stay at his Granny's for a week. I feel like I had to pack more for him to stay there for a week with all his school stuff, food, etc. then I did for Josh and I combined. The pups, Kona and Carmen, got dropped off at their pet sitter.
Canddogs.jpg

Got my nails done!
IMG_4968 (1).JPG

Alarms were set and I was in bed by 6:30pm. It was going to be a long day so I wanted to make sure I was well rested.
IMG_4990.PNG

45 minute ride to New Orleans and that early in the morning meant no traffic. We parked at the US Park lot and shuttled over to the airport. Check in and security went smoothly. We grabbed a Starbucks and had about 30 minutes left before boarding. Before long we were on!

IMG_4992.jpg
IMG_4993.jpg

I was so excited to see the first 50th decor!
IMG_4994.jpg
IMG_4995.jpg
IMG_4996.jpg

There was no one waiting for ME when we arrived. We were sent to our waiting Mears :confused: bus immediately. We ended up waiting for other guests to board for probably about 15 minutes. The driver announced there would be 5 stops, but we lucked up and Pop was the first stop.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
IMG_4998.jpg

It was close to 9:30 when we arrived at Pop, we dropped our bags off with Bell Services and took the Skyliner over to Epcot!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Prior to the trip, we decided since it was the two of us we would test out the new Genie+ and Lightening Lane. I added the Genie+ to our package. We planned on hitting the Food and Wine booths, but there was still some time before lunch so on the flight over I booked our first LL and we headed straight over to Soarin'. I also bought the Individual Lightening Lanes for Ratatouille and Frozen. I didn't document the standby times, however, I can say I do not believe Genie+ was worth the money this day at Epcot.

For Soarin' the wait was around 15 minutes. We were able to walk straight back, but you have to wait for the theater to open up just like anyone else, so that's about the same time we waited.
IMG_5001.jpg

As soon as you scan your band the second time, you can book your next LL. Since we were in Land and the available time was right then, I booked Living with the Land. It was around a 10 minute wait, but we got on immediately.
IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

I like the 50 in the lettuce!

By the time we got off the cruise, it was time to eat and we were hungry! Our first booth was Flavors From Fire.
IMG_5006.jpg

Swine Brine was a 5/5...definitely one of our favorite things at the festival. I was kind of surprised I liked it so much.
Corned Beef Corner Rouge was a 5/5 for me as well. Hubby says 4/5. I really enjoyed all of the flavors.
Whoopie Pie was a 3/5. It was just ok. The flavors were good, however, the graham cracker was soft and it was missing the crunch.

If you are going soon, don't miss this booth!

Next, was Lobster Landing!
IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

The Lobster Tail was a 5/5! So good, so buttery. We only wished it was bigger especially for the $14 price tag, but so so good!

Right next door was another good one: Mac & Eats
IMG_5010.jpg

This doesn't look visually appealing, but it was very good!
IMG_5011.jpg

Cowboy Mac and Cheese which is topped with Smoked Pork Belly, Burnt Ends, pickled peppers and onion straws. We gave this a 4/5. The mac and cheese by itself was a 5/5 and kind of had us wanting to get the traditional but we passed on it.

We also got the Lemon Hazy IPA which I didn't like at all. Josh liked though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom