SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

coilback

If they stage it anything like TSMM was when I was working at DHS, they sorta do it like this: Testing, the CM previews for CMs of the home park only at first (i.e. in that case only DHS cast members, this time it would be only MK cast members), then it was previews for all CMs, then AP previews, then soft open.

coilback

of course, that's barring any issues during the previews (which has a lot to do with why they do it that way).

...and just to stir the rumor mill, my "inside" sources (aka former co-cast members I worked with) have told me the goal is to have soft opens ready for at least the 24 hour event, but since they can't predict any issues or anything, there are no official announcements.

ratherbeinwdw

Trains were running all afternoon. We kept going back to be sure and not miss a soft, but no luck. The cm's told us it was cm's only, but there were a few children and some older teens. We heard a cm at BOG say it was her turn tomorrow. I guess they could bring family.
We were so jealous. If anyone is there tomorrow and there's a soft please let us know as we'll be at EPCOT most of the day.

rct247

The "Scene 1 Test" for MK cast occurred during the middle of the day today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Next week is when there will be the possibility of "cast previews" and "soft opens". Today's thing was not considered a "cast preview".

Soft opens/previews are rumored to start later this week at the earliest but should at least operate for limited hours on the 24 hour event for sure.

Bugdozer

Tuesday 13th 10 am no trains running

There are 6-8 cast members out front and 2 security guards. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Can you ride the Tower of Terror to get into the Magic Kingdom zone?

you just need to unbuckle and push yourself as soon it reaches the summit.
Arriving alive... well that's another thing. ;)

(btw, I mean as in CMS from the hotels, transportation..etc..cruise line entering with their discounted CM cards and have the privilege to ride before the normal guests)

Weather_Lady

FWIW, I was told by a CM on Saturday (5/10) that there were no soft openings that day, and "absolutely none on the schedule for the next two weeks, anyway." (Do they get schedules 2 weeks ahead?) Take it with a grain of salt.

flynnibus

Premium Member
eventually they will run out of willing CMs... that's when I think they will start taking guests at random.

They will want to train with people.. so that is our best shot :) Pure speculation.. but I would not be shocked if you start hearing randoms being invited later in the week or over the weekend. Nothing behind that claim but from watching their past behaviors.

lazyboy97o

FWIW, I was told by a CM on Saturday (5/10) that there were no soft openings that day, and "absolutely none on the schedule for the next two weeks, anyway." (Do they get schedules 2 weeks ahead?) Take it with a grain of salt.
They're not typically scheduled in such a fashion and it would be unusual to get that close to opening without some soft openings. It's possible they simply never have soft openings but that is not normal or desirable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom