Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have no insider knowledge at all but given our announcements from yesterday, it has me curious the timeline on F!’s return. I hate to be this optimistic but from all the work taking place, I’m wondering if we could see a refurb similar to what DLR saw a few years back? Clearly there would be no pirate scene and I’m doubting the addition of Aladdin but the work does seem pretty extensive overall and would be a perfect (cheapER) addition for the 50th given so many other things were delayed
Not sure why they would upgrade the Pocahontas banner then.

ToTBellHop

I have no insider knowledge at all but given our announcements from yesterday, it has me curious the timeline on F!’s return. I hate to be this optimistic but from all the work taking place, I’m wondering if we could see a refurb similar to what DLR saw a few years back? Clearly there would be no pirate scene and I’m doubting the addition of Aladdin but the work does seem pretty extensive overall and would be a perfect (cheapER) addition for the 50th given so many other things were delayed
I’m unaware of significant show changes. Just tech upgrades.

WondersOfLife

I would expect a much more PC version
I feel like an argument could be made just as equally to keep Pocahontas for PC reasons, as there are to take her out... So therefore, I don't think they'll touch it for a while unless they have to/deem her character so dated that nobody knows what movie she's from anymore.

Not sure about any other PC problems in the show.

Chomama

These days everything is un-pc, it's getting ridiculous.
I agree BUT Pocahontas has been problematic since it was released. It’s been a running joke for years. I love the Pocahontas parts of F!, but I also can’t pretend to be blind to the issues there

WondersOfLife

I agree BUT Pocahontas has been problematic since it was released. It’s been a running joke for years. I love the Pocahontas parts of F!, but I also can’t pretend to be blind to the issues there
But it's also not problematic because the character is representing a person of color, a woman, and culture, in a big section of their grand nighttime finale at the parks. Could it be replaced with, say, Moana? Sure. But the argument above is just as relevant as the flip argument as well. They cancel out. Plus, I haven't heard anyone talk about the politics of the Pocahontas film nearly as much as the PC points of other films.... Maybe this one has just slipped under the radar, though.

Cmdr_Crimson

What we really want for this show...
cover2.jpg

jrhwdw

WHAT!!!!! This is crazy!!!!! If this is COVID related, I'm scared if July 1st is really true!! If it's just in need of a big referb, I guess I understand??? Why even bother with TOT Beacon Of Magic if DHS won't be open late enough for people to enjoy it!??? Too bad DHS can't go back to SWW Firewoprks because they HAD to build a Falcon!!

drew81

Meanwhile rumor has it Fantasmic could return in August at Disneyland.
I know Micechat said that, but I really doubt it. Cast would need to be chosen. Rehabs of all the gear that's sat for over a year. Light fixtures, lifts etc will need tlc. Rehearsals would need to be starting soon.

I hope it does and I hope I am wrong.
Logistically, I just can't see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom