Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Touchdown

It’s not something I can explain, but there’s something truly magical about staying at Disneyland till closing. It’s not something I’ve felt at any other Disney park.

I loved closing the night at fantasyland with Casey Jr. and all of the dark rides and then exiting through the castle.
That’s not a bad plan too, I also really like getting lucky with timing and catching the sweeper train as well.

But I close theme parks most of the time. Weather it’s catching the Goodnight Kiss at MK, walking back under the Eiffel Tower after getting some night rides on the Beast, sending the Magnum XL 200 to bed with a mini marathon or getting the last ride of the night on the Lockness Monster or Sooperdooperlooper I usually have a closing routine at my regular parks.

homerdance

Like I said, we got this spot with less than half an hour before (second) show time

View attachment 535443

Like any show, others milage may vary night to night.
Lucky you! This is what "reserved" or FP+ reservations should get you at the shows. Having to arrive just as early to ensure you get a good seat with the FP+ or even the package deals was always frustrating to me. Apparently I was taking the wrong approach.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lucky you! This is what "reserved" or FP+ reservations should get you at the shows. Having to arrive just as early to ensure you get a good seat with the FP+ or even the package deals was always frustrating to me. Apparently I was taking the wrong approach.
We blitzed the show over one weekend. Between 2 shows a night, Halloween Screams and that parade plus park hours I’d forgotten existed in the States it was a crazy time. But it meant I did manage this:

as you can see it was lots of fun:

4F256CF4-35BB-4F00-919C-FF52FA20D2C9.jpg

And in the spirit of the discussion, for direct comparison:

Last edited:

Touchdown

We blitzed the show over one weekend. Between 2 shows a night, Halloween Screams and that parade plus park hours I’d forgotten existed in the States it was a crazy time. But it meant I did manage this:

as you can see it was lots of fun:

View attachment 535574

And in the spirit of the discussion, for direct comparison:

Were you there during the 60th summer?

That was fun times
8:30 PTN
9:30 Disneyland Forever
10:00 World of Color Celebrate
10:30 Fantasmic!

I would get a spot on MSUSA near Town Square, watch the parade, move to the street watch the fireworks, speed walk to DCA, watch WOC, and then head back to DL getting to NOS just in time for the Peter Pan segment.

The only time I’ve come close to a night show blitz like that at WDW was in Dec of I think 2016. Did Fantasmic!, Candlelight and Illuminations, and with the help of the monorail, OUAT all in one night.

Only time I’ve done more then 2 shows at WDW in one night.

znolan

Don’t get me wrong! I love the stories and the friendship chatter! But when I see that there are new comments on this thread and it’s not saying, “Disney came out and said (insert date here) Fantasmic returns!” My heart hurts lol. You guys are awesome!

MaryJaneP

Just watched video. Didn't remember starfield. Then realized it was just dust on our monitor. Thanks for posting video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom