Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Disney Analyst

Just lighting upgrades along with general maintenance.

No you can't. It's a subjective topic and everyone has an opinion. Everyone views art through their own filters. I'm obviously biased. However, both dragons are flawed and both have their selling points. The DHS dragon doesn't have a body. The DL dragon is a cartoony inflatable and has tiny wings. The DHS dragon looks more menacing and is certainly a more complex machine. The DL dragon has a body. Having said all that, I would like to see some "skin" installed on the DHS dragon. I just don't know if it's technically possible do to how she folds.

I think the dragon looks... accurate from the film. Didn't feel inflatable in person the times I've seen her gloriousness.

Touchdown

I think the dragon looks... accurate from the film. Didn't feel inflatable in person the times I've seen her gloriousness.
You realize it’s inflatable if you watch it’s head move. That said, as the lights slowly come up around it and breathes fire it’s spectacular. Just focus on Mickey afterwards, it’s what the show wants you to do.

Disney Analyst

You realize it’s inflatable if you watch it’s head move. That said, as the lights slowly come up around it and breathes fire it’s spectacular. Just focus on Mickey afterwards, it’s what the show wants you to do.

I actually don't think it's inflatable in anyway. I could be wrong of course.

My understanding is the body is hard, and the neck is a more moveable skin/material. I believe it has an inflatable look likely due to the material used on the neck.

Touchdown

I actually don't think it's inflatable in anyway. I could be wrong of course.

My understanding is the body is hard, and the neck is a more moveable skin/material. I believe it has an inflatable look likely due to the material used on the neck.
Marnin can correct me but, I believe it’s like Baymax, it has a rigid (telescoping) endoskeleton and a rigid head but the rest is inflatable.

Last edited:

drizgirl

That's exactly why I prefer DHS over DL. I've always had a frustrating experience trying to find a place to watch DL Fantasmic and the standing/reserving a spot was tiresome. I'd much rather arrive 15 - 30 minutes before the show at DHS and sit in the amphitheater.

Also, I prefer the mountain over the cabin.
The viewing experience isn't even comparable. DHS hands down. But the show? DL all the way.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's exactly why I prefer DHS over DL. I've always had a frustrating experience trying to find a place to watch DL Fantasmic and the standing/reserving a spot was tiresome. I'd much rather arrive 15 - 30 minutes before the show at DHS and sit in the amphitheater.
I have to brag about this. One of our last times seeing it in DL we walked up 20 minutes before the show and surprisingly got 5ft to the right of the absolute central sweet spot on the pirates bridge. Couldn’t believe it.

Such a good video shot too :D

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just lighting upgrades along with general maintenance.

No you can't. It's a subjective topic and everyone has an opinion. Everyone views art through their own filters. I'm obviously biased. However, both dragons are flawed and both have their selling points. The DHS dragon doesn't have a body. The DL dragon is a cartoony inflatable and has tiny wings. The DHS dragon looks more menacing and is certainly a more complex machine. The DL dragon has a body. Having said all that, I would like to see some "skin" installed on the DHS dragon. I just don't know if it's technically possible based on how she folds.
Whatever floats your boat.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it as bad now that you need a show pass to watch it? Like World of Color?
Like I said, we got this spot with less than half an hour before (second) show time

80A597CF-AE16-44B5-9EF9-FB82441F2BDA.jpeg

Like any show, others milage may vary night to night.

TrainsOfDisney

I value a comfortable seat more then that but I give you it is a neat part of the DL experience.
I’m 6’1 so it helps in standing areas and I have minor back issues so hard benches with no back are not kind to me. With that being said, I’m personally much more comfortable standing for fantasmic and miss the old standing area in the amphitheater at dhs.

View attachment 535443

Like any show, others milage may vary night to night.

Martin, is that behind the black fence and just behind or to the right of the FOH booth? I’ve had luck with that spot as well on multiple ocassions.

Touchdown

I’m 6’1 so it helps in standing areas and I have minor back issues so hard benches with no back are not kind to me. With that being said, I’m personally much more comfortable standing for fantasmic and miss the old standing area in the amphitheater at dhs.

View attachment 535443

Martin, is that behind the black fence and just behind or to the right of the FOH booth? I’ve had luck with that spot as well on multiple ocassions.
2018-2019 I had really good luck with them opening the back of the FP section by Pirates to standees just as the show started. My preferred spot is just to the left of the Pirates Entrance when facing the River (towards HM.) Being there I get a great view of the show and a great escape afterwards (duck into POTC, enjoy, exit out into an empty NOS.)

aliceismad

Disneyland (and DCA) has a lack of land compared with the WDW parks. Making an area multipurpose makes good use of the limited land. I love the ambiance of the setting for Fantasmic (and World of Color to a lesser degree). That's something that struck me going to WDW for the first time as an adult - just how much more space there is.

TrainsOfDisney

Followed of course by rides on BTMRR, HM, and usually one more ride (Indy, Splash or MFSR.)
It’s not something I can explain, but there’s something truly magical about staying at Disneyland till closing. It’s not something I’ve felt at any other Disney park.

I loved closing the night at fantasyland with Casey Jr. and all of the dark rides and then exiting through the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom