Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Touchdown

Would they be able to do some sort of firework show in the Fantasmic amphitheater? Would be much easier to control social distancing in an outdoor theater and would avoid the issue of social distancing between performers (and also save a $ or two) if they could create some firework only show in the theater
Be a bit hard as the Crescent Lake Canal/Walking Path would be in the fallout zone from a normal show.

jrhwdw

If I somehow luck into Epcot Forever and Fantasmic in May I will be so happy.
HEA in May would be nice too!!!! Just like 2017.........Please??????

As for a pyro show at F!, we already have low pyro in F!. So I would think a full low pyro show would be safe for F! Theatre.

Touchdown

HEA in May would be nice too!!!! Just like 2017.........Please??????

As for a pyro show at F!, we already have low pyro in F!. So I would think a full low pyro show would be safe for F! Theatre.
Yeah I don’t know about that, we would have to have all restrictions removed for that one.

gerarar

Premium Member
Those lights that point straight up towards the sky seem to be the ones used before Mickey appears in the intro and after he disappears in his final appearance in the finale.
1614203584824.png

1614203684334.png

1614203750206.png

Maybe they replaced these floor lights as suggested by the recent permits? Or they're just doing regular testing.
Either way, good to see some action happening in the amphitheater!

wdwfan22

Hopefully if they are testing FANTASMIC! for a return this will soon mean longer park hours. I still don't see the shows returning to fall at the earliest but I hope I'm wrong.

Disney Analyst

I hope we get updated fountains and projections like DLs version. A new dragon I know will never happen lol.

You'd think it would be even easier for DHS to have a new dragon, don't need to fit anything under the stage... just need a dragon AA that can roll out on the truck and then telescope up to full height.

Disney Analyst

Depending on your definition, the current dragon actually is an AA. It's a very complex machine comprised of 3 mechanical lifts on a VERY heavy wagon with hydraulics/pneumatics, lighting, and pyro, all controlled by a show control system driven by timecode.

Perhaps from a distance, but I think you'd appreciate it more if you saw how she operated. I think she has more "personality" than the inflatable version out west.

I don't mean to downplay, I'm sure it's complex... it just looks like... a head on a stick.

They can do better.

Disneyland's is far superior, IMO.

ToTBellHop

Technically yes. But Orlando’s is more menacing in appearance. The cartoon look of Snap doesn’t fit the show. Imho of course.
Surely, in 2021, they can make a new one that is menacing, but not cheap-looking (like the current one) or cartoony (like DL’s).

At the end of the day, I understand that ours may be technically-complex, but what matters is how it looks from the stands—like a head on a stick. “It is complex and was expensive to make!” doesn’t sway my opinion here and it didn’t sway my opinion of Rivers of Light.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Surely, in 2021, they can make a new one that is menacing, but not cheap-looking (like the current one) or cartoony (like DL’s).

At the end of the day, I understand that ours may be technically-complex, but what matters is how it looks from the stands—like a head on a stick. “It is complex and was expensive to make!” doesn’t sway my opinion here and it didn’t sway my opinion of Rivers of Light.
Of course they can. If they want to. I wouldn’t think it outside the realm of possibility to physically bulk out the neck at the minimum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom