Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

raymusiccity

Considering the enormous cast this show requires, if there’s any plans to bring it back soon, it would for sure be breaking news everywhere. Also we get monthly aerials of the amphitheater and currently the moat is drained and some bleachers are removed.

It takes weeks to rehearse and get ready, so there will be plenty of notices everywhere about its return.
I'm not so sure about the 'enormous cast ' being a factor. It seems that Festival of the Lion King is much more of a challenge as far as social distancing is needed. It will be really interesting how they treat the 'Tumble Monkeys'! Fantasmic has approximately 50 cast members. Cast and crew for Lion King can't be far behind, and their theater is much more intimate compared to a huge amphitheater.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not so sure about the 'enormous cast ' being a factor. It seems that Festival of the Lion King is much more of a challenge as far as social distancing is needed. It will be really interesting how they treat the 'Tumble Monkeys'! Fantasmic has approximately 50 cast members. Cast and crew for Lion King can't be far behind, and their theater is much more intimate compared to a huge amphitheater.
I imagine tumble monkeys would just be scrapped... Sometimes they're missing from the show on a normal day.

Movielover

That is a crash mat, but no, there haven’t been any rehearsals yet.

It's the crash mat moved from its main location for maintenance work, cleanup, and maybe replacement. If rehearsals were happening, the mat would be in it's home location. There is cleanup work and maintenance being performed, as there are also additional dumpsters on the other side of the bridge and a golf cart in the moat in addition to the crash mat relocation.

Yeah you can see what I assume is the frame that it's rolled out on for the battle scene.

fantasmic.jpg

ToTBellHop

It’s literally Epcot
the sandlot GIF
I don’t even know if I’d bother making the effort to see EF again...maybe I’d use that time to take advantage of short lines at the Gran Fiesta Tour.

Fun fact: tour in Spanish is tour. So the whole attraction name is in Spanish!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom