Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Sctble

They can do what they want with the middle of the show, replace Pocahontas with Moana/Tangle, etc. But From the climax on don't touch a thing.
May be an unpopular opinion, but I say keep the Pocahontas segment as is. That movie doesn't really have a strong presence at WDW, whereas Moana will be taking over Poly, Tangled gets the Fantasyland corner. Let Poca keep those few minutes in Fantasmic to shine.

Movielover

May be an unpopular opinion, but I say keep the Pocahontas segment as is. That movie doesn't really have a strong presence at WDW, whereas Moana will be taking over Poly, Tangled gets the Fantasyland corner. Let Poca keep those few minutes in Fantasmic to shine.
I don't mind either way, I love ever minute of the show. But that finale is perfect as is. Call me weird but I prefer WDW's version based just on the fireworks alone.

GymLeaderPhil

But From the climax on don't touch a thing.
07BAC2BA-0046-41DC-9DBC-5D215AE6AD87.png

jrhwdw

Fantasmic! is back on the park map in the MDE app, complete with a new look.
View attachment 521779

Sorcerer Mickey looks awesome as always!
View attachment 521781

Saw a tweet about it by BlogMickey so had to check it out for myself — this ain’t much, but it somewhat adds credibility for its potential return soon
I didn't know F! was off My Disney Experience, did it happened shortly after COVID closed DHS?
I think it's also an effort to make it clearer where Fantasmic is. The old MGM Studios map had Mickey and the dragon where the show was, with the show description next to it:

View attachment 521791

The most recent map was more accurate to Google Earth, but a bunch of benches next to a lake and some rocks doesn't mean much if you don't know about the show. Bringing back Mickey and fireworks makes it clearer that...this is where the Mickey Fireworks show is.
I love those Guidemaps! Pics of Entertainment an they were much more colorful than the Times Guides.

gerarar

Premium Member
I didn't know F! was off My Disney Experience, did it happened shortly after COVID closed DHS?
I don't know if F! itself was omitted off of MDE, but it is currently omitted in the printed park maps of HS. Actually, the entire amphitheater is missing from the guide map. Stops short after Theatre of the Stars iirc.

It's just nice to see a nice and welcome update to the graphics for F! :)

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't mind either way, I love ever minute of the show. But that finale is perfect as is. Call me weird but I prefer WDW's version based just on the fireworks alone.
Honestly same. I prefer WDW's fireworks where they go off on every beat versus DL's 2.0 where they go off every few beats.
Plus, idk if it actually is, but the fireworks here seem grander, larger, and higher. Plus the effect of Mickey going from the top of the mountain to the bottom is more spectacular...of course imo..

drew81

If this is true, I wonder how they’ll do load and show dump? Will seats be every other? Will some rows be one way? What if guests need to get up to use the restroom or want to leave before it’s over? Will Cast be stationed to hold guests once show is over and let rows empty at a time?

They make a ton of $$$ on Cast walking around with food and souvenirs. Will they still have Cast doing that? Stunt Equity were laid off. Will they still have John Smith and other stunts performed? How is the cobra scene going to work? How are they going to perform the dragon and more importantly, the wings? How are they going to do the princess barges? How are they going to have all the performers huddled up closely on a steamboat? Like before Mickey appears, during the routine and when Sorcerer appears?

More importantly, do you want that many guests waiting in a congested amphitheater for over an hour before show starts?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this is true, I wonder how they’ll do load and show dump? Will seats be every other? Will some rows be one way? What if guests need to get up to use the restroom or want to leave before it’s over? Will Cast be stationed to hold guests once show is over and let rows empty at a time?

They make a ton of $$$ on Cast walking around with food and souvenirs. Will they still have Cast doing that? Stunt Equity were laid off. Will they still have John Smith and other stunts performed? How is the cobra scene going to work? How are they going to perform the dragon and more importantly, the wings? How are they going to do the princess barges? How are they going to have all the performers huddled up closely on a steamboat? Like before Mickey appears, during the routine and when Sorcerer appears?

More importantly, do you want that many guests waiting in a congested amphitheater for over an hour before show starts?
WDW doesn't care anymore.

They may cordon off every other row with "Don't sit here" stickers, and then not enforce it.

They'll let guests crowd out at the end because they'll be in that crowd for less than 15 minutes. And 15 minutes is magical, just like being outdoors. You can have 10 people in your 6 foot bubble (which is also, another magical shield) for 14 minutes and 59 seconds and be completely safe!

TrainsOfDisney

Plus, idk if it actually is, but the fireworks here seem grander, larger, and higher. Plus the effect of Mickey going from the top of the mountain to the bottom is more spectacular...of course imo..
The last time I saw Fantasmic in Florida I was surprised by how little fireworks were left in the show, maybe I saw an odd low pyro show or something?

I prefer the F shows in California but I do agree the effect of Mickey high up on the mountain in Florida is really cool.

Movielover

Honestly same. I prefer WDW's fireworks where they go off on every beat versus DL's 2.0 where they go off every few beats.
Same! Plus WDW features a more diverse set of fireworks (including the 2 series of shells that fire from the lagoon, the fountain set that go off behind Mickey) compared with the ones in Disneyland. Plus their 2.0 show does not use the big blinding flash at the end. They get the bigger boat, we have the bigger fireworks lol. Honestly IMO just update/fix the lighting and give us the new dragon and call it a day. Perfect show!

ToTBellHop

WDW doesn't care anymore.

They may cordon off every other row with "Don't sit here" stickers, and then not enforce it.

They'll let guests crowd out at the end because they'll be in that crowd for less than 15 minutes. And 15 minutes is magical, just like being outdoors. You can have 10 people in your 6 foot bubble (which is also, another magical shield) for 14 minutes and 59 seconds and be completely safe!
Just go get yourself a vaccine!

errrhhmmm...

MagicWDI

Interesting. I watched 3 different videos and it didn't seem that bright in all 3. Maybe it was just the cameras not reacting that well to the light. Thanks though
This time last year I was at Disneyland and saw the show twice and I can vouch for myself the blinding flashes were indeed part of the show. My fiancee always seems to go "oh my" when they do.

I have to admit ever since I've seen the new Disneyland version of the show I don't feel the need to see the one at WDW. That's saying something since I've always loved everything about the show since I first seeing it in '92.

gerarar

Premium Member
Same! Plus WDW features a more diverse set of fireworks (including the 2 series of shells that fire from the lagoon, the fountain set that go off behind Mickey) compared with the ones in Disneyland. Plus their 2.0 show does not use the big blinding flash at the end. They get the bigger boat, we have the bigger fireworks lol. Honestly IMO just update/fix the lighting and give us the new dragon and call it a day. Perfect show!
The DL 2.0 uses a single launch of a green blinding flash at the end, versus WDW uses about 3 or 4 launches of white ones. It’s probably harder to see with the DL one because they have other sparkling fireworks shooting off in the very last sequence.

You can usually tell since it’s the one with the most smoke produced;
DL 2.0:
A27D4651-B872-46A0-92F6-0F530FE88763.jpeg

HS:
083EB8EA-81C9-4CF8-88C8-9B88AE1A47A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom