Soaring Question

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
What did Soaring replace in the land I thought it replaced Circle of Life. But in the 2005 guide it says Food Rocks. And that Circle of life is still up.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Soarin' really didn't replace anything because the main show building is outside of the pavilion, but you will enter and exit through the old Food Rocks theater, so yes, it did "replace" Food Rocks. Circle of Life is still there and should be for a while.

EpcotFanatic04

Food Rocks closed in January, awhile back. They're using the building primarily for the queue for Soarin', I'm told.

The Animatronic figures from Rocks are long gone, and have been since spring.

doop

NemoRocks78 said:
Soarin' really didn't replace anything because the main show building is outside of the pavilion, but you will enter and exit through the old Food Rocks theater, so yes, it did "replace" Food Rocks. Circle of Life is still there and should be for a while.
Yep.

Lee

Adventurer
Soarin' is more than a fair trade for Food Rocks...and pretty much anything else in Future World West you can think of.

Man, I'm ready for Soarin' to open. :brick:

Slipknot

Lee said:
Soarin' is more than a fair trade for Food Rocks...and pretty much anything else in Future World West you can think of.

Man, I'm ready for Soarin' to open. :brick:

Why the hell didn't they film Florida for the ride? What, they don't want to shell out the $$$ for a new film, but will gladly redesign DCAs ToT???

Lee

Adventurer
Simple....
For Disneyland's 50th anniversary, part of the worldwide promotion is that parks are getting "gifts" from other parks.
Disneyland is getting Buzz and a new Space Mountain.
WDW is getting Soarin', Motors Action, and Cinderellabration.

Because it is a "gift" from DL, Soarin' will open with the original ride film, which is not a big deal since it is so good.

There will be a new film at Soarin' in a couple years as part of Epcot's 25th anniversary. Not a Florida film, that would not be too good, but a film over other, more varied, locations.

As I see it, the lack of a new film at Soarin's opening is a total non-issue.

Legacy

A Florida film would be the Everglades and... um... some lakes... orange groves... hills, we need hills... and... um... Disney?

ScrapIron

Static-X said:
Why the hell didn't they film Florida for the ride? What, they don't want to shell out the $$$ for a new film, but will gladly redesign DCAs ToT???

Since a lot of people on DL forums consider the DCA ToT to be inferior, I assume you're being ironic. Since I've yet to ride, I can't comment.

Slipknot

Legacy said:
A Florida film would be the Everglades and... um... some lakes... orange groves... hills, we need hills... and... um... Disney?

Lets see... Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Titusville ( :D ). And of course Disney!!!!!!!

ScrapIron said:
Since a lot of people on DL forums consider the DCA ToT to be inferior, I assume you're being ironic.

Don't assume. It gets people in trouble... :zipit:

Legacy

Static-X said:
Lets see... Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Titusville ( :D ). And of course Disney!!!!!!!
City, City, City, City, City, City, Themepark...

Not exactly the most inspirational images to have associated with The Land...

Lee

Adventurer
I love Florida and all, but there is nothing in this state that comes close the the wonderful landscapes in the Soarin' Over California film.

Simple fact. That is why there won't be a Soarin' Over Florida film.

Tim G

Lee said:
I love Florida and all, but there is nothing in this state that comes close the the wonderful landscapes in the Soarin' Over California film.

Simple fact. That is why there won't be a Soarin' Over Florida film.
RIGHT! :kiss:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thats why it should have been built in the Uk pavilion and called Soarin over Scotland. Hills and mountains castles distilleries (mm smells good) Forth Bridge famous sports teams and stadia cracking coast lines.

Instead we get tartan, Pringle sweaters, and family trees.

Bah Humbug!

Testtrack321

I predict that once everone sees the California film, they won't even think about why it's not over FL, or just California. Plus, the music is awsome.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Not that I'm totally sold on using the California film here, that film is wonderful. When you think about the diversity of California: Sunny dry SoCal, wet cool wooded north, rocky steep cliff coastline, smooth wide beaches, deserts, mountains, Yosemite, wine, cities, desolation...it truly has more than many countries.

But as much as I like Florida, you have water, beach, land, city swamp, orange grove, swamp, city, senior development and more swamp....not quite breathtaking from the air.

The only alternative for a movie would be a tour of the country (I think the world would be shortchanged in this presentation).
An alternative of course would be varying "tours", but I don't know if Disney is ready for that yet.

trdisneyfan

I really think the California film for Soarin will last only as long as the 50th anniversary celebration for DL - 18 months. After that, I would assume it would become more of "Soarin over America" thing when they replace the film, and that new film would include locations all over the US.

Notice how they're just calling it "Soarin", not "Soarin Over California" as it's known at DCA? I think they're intentionally leaving the title more vague.

Just be glad that Epcot is getting a very, very good ride, and be patient for a more original film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom