Soarin' Over California

Al

Original Poster
Hi!

i was just wondering, what exactly is this ride about? how does it work?

this is the only description that i can find:

According to some people this is the highlight of the park. This truly original attraction is a hang gliding IMAX-type cinema experience. The attraction takes guests on a whirlwind tour of the greatest natural and manmade landmarks in the State of California. The ride has two theaters holding 87 people each 45 feet in the air for
4 ½ minutes.
The film is generated at 48 frames- per-second, which will create quite a realistic feeling. Some of the highlights include the Golden Gate Bridge, the redwood forest, and the famous California beaches.

Could someone please elaborate, as i would really like to know!

thanks very much!

:D

Lhriangel

Soaring is in a word.. amazing. I went on it with almost no line and adored it. You are seated and then suspended in the air in a simulator type ride which shows you California (sorry if I get anything wrong here I've only seen it once). There is a wonderful soundtrack and diferents smells are also piped in (ie oranges when going over an orange grove). There is nothing like this anywhere else (I believe) and it really is a truely unique experience. It is now one of my favorite rides (ranking up there with Pirates, Indy, Spaceship earth and Rockin Rollercoaster<--can we have one of THESE in cali LOL).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom