Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

RayTheFirefly

What are you suggesting?????? Surgery?
I'm sure they can make that happen...
3349228930_ae42df80f3.jpg

erasure fan1

I was really kind of hoping for Soarin' over Arendelle! Now that would be synergy! o_O

I agree with the philosophy that a better option would be to build something else that will make people have to see it. Then you will help the capacity issues at soarin' and test track. I guess I should be grateful as now maybe I will be able to ride more than once in a day. Ehhhhh, probably not.

Disneyhead'71

I was really kind of hoping for Soarin' over Arendelle! Now that would be synergy! o_O

I agree with the philosophy that a better option would be to build something else that will make people have to see it. Then you will help the capacity issues at soarin' and test track. I guess I should be grateful as now maybe I will be able to ride more than once in a day. Ehhhhh, probably not.
Obviously, you didn't get the memo. Soarin' Over Arendelle is going to be the E Ticket in Avatarland. Frozen was greatly influenced by Avatar.

1. Arendelle and Pandora are both 100% CGI.

2. They were both in 3D.

See, perfect fit!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wait.. I missed it somehow. What is the timeframe for this?
If you are talking about the 3rd theater for Soarin this is the most reliable info we have so far:

OK, let's get back to Soarin'

Here is the basic timeline for the current Epcot projects

When the Frozen attraction opens in Norway

then Soarin' will close and approx. 6 months later all 3 Soarin' theaters will open with new digital projectors and the new show.

msteel

Wait.. I missed it somehow. What is the timeframe for this?

also this from the first post in the thread:
Looks like the Soarin' expansion is actually happening. Permit filed for the address of Soarin' with the description "Add facility to existing attraction - Project 87". Main contractor is PCL construction services who is the one doing Disney Springs and some of the hotel room rehabs. Expiration is 9/30/2016.

Goofyernmost

OK, let's get back to Soarin'

Here is the basic timeline for the current Epcot projects

When the Frozen attraction opens in Norway

then Soarin' will close and approx. 6 months later all 3 Soarin' theaters will open with new digital projectors and the new show.
Great post except that none of that is probably true. There is no connection between the Frozen attraction and Soarin. They have to build a whole new building for the third theater so nothing will change until that is done and ready and even then there is no reason to close the entire ride. They can continue to run it as is and when the third theater is done they can close one of the others, upgrade it (if that's what they plan to do) and when that finishes they can close the other and do the same. It is just rumor that they will digitize the attraction plus the new film, it has been said, will not be anywhere until the China park is open. They will have it first.

NoChesterHester

If you are talking about the 3rd theater for Soarin this is the most reliable info we have so far:

If you are talking about Soarin over Detroit...I don't think that's actually happening;)

Thanks that is what I was looking for. Since we know beyond any shadow of a doubt that they can not build a third theater in six months that construction must be starting soon so that all three can go active with digital simultaneously.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thanks that is what I was looking for. Since we know beyond any shadow of a doubt that they can not build a third theater in six months that construction must be starting soon so that all three can go active with digital simultaneously.
Somewhere amongst these threads someone posted that they already cleared the backstage area where the 3rd theater will go.
Great post except that none of that is probably true. There is no connection between the Frozen attraction and Soarin. They have to build a whole new building for the third theater so nothing will change until that is done and ready and even then there is no reason to close the entire ride. They can continue to run it as is and when the third theater is done they can close one of the others, upgrade it (if that's what they plan to do) and when that finishes they can close the other and do the same. It is just rumor that they will digitize the attraction plus the new film, it has been said, will not be anywhere until the China park is open. They will have it first.
In this case I trust the source.

msteel

Permit expiration doesn't usually coincide with the construction schedule. Hardly ever.

From what @Alektronic has said the time frame is loosely the first of August 2016 (closes sometime in January, closed for about 6 months) and the permit expiration of 9/30 seems in keeping with that - not overly inflated but with a little slush for minor unexpected delays.

Next Big Thing

While a Michael M&G is off the radar, updating the old 50's Prime Time Cafe at DHS a bit when Star Wars Land goes in isn't a bad idea. (Diner video reference.) Too bad Uni has the rights to Back to the Future. Could have rocked with that, Captain EO, and the diner update.
If it wasn't already at Universal, i'd say a retheme of 50's to Mel's Diner as a part of a larger LucasFilm expansion would be the best way to do any sort of change to that restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom