Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
So returning to property and enjoying the studios, DAK, DTD would make most sense in 2017
2017 sounds about right to me. Should be enough new stuff to make it a worthwhile trip. Pandora, DHS, a Disney Springs that is not the utter nightmare that it is now. Sounds like good times all around.
I think Anaheim is getting my 2016 business. WDW is getting more than expected this year.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's sad that Disney's changed the way they handle queue capacity..

They used to create new rides to release the popularity of another.. Now, they just duplicate the currently existing ride for more capacity..

Tisk tisk tisk..

What they need to do is make an AMAZING new ride over at Ellen's Energy Adventure.. Possibly themed to another PIXAR movie, the one with that boy and the Dinosaur. If it's done very good, it'd work amazingly! Especially considering the length of the ride that could be used. Also, it takes in 1,000 people per ride.

The same could've gone with HS's Great Movie Ride.. Since they're getting rid of that hat blocking the ride, it would make sense to upgrade the great movie ride into "The Disney Movie Ride." Hate me or not, it would drive in a lot more people rather than the current "classic movie" version. Thus, taking some pressure off of Toy Story Mania. As that ride also takes in a large amount of people per ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

They used to create new rides to release the popularity of another.. Now, they just duplicate the currently existing ride for more capacity..

Tisk tisk tisk..

What they need to do is make an AMAZING new ride over at Ellen's Energy Adventure.. Possibly themed to another PIXAR movie, the one with that boy and the Dinosaur. If it's done very good, it'd work amazingly! Especially considering the length of the ride that could be used. Also, it takes in 1,000 people per ride.

The same could've gone with HS's Great Movie Ride.. Since they're getting rid of that hat blocking the ride, it would make sense to upgrade the great movie ride into "The Disney Movie Ride." Hate me or not, it would drive in a lot more people rather than the current "classic movie" version. Thus, taking some pressure off of Toy Story Mania. As that ride also takes in a large amount of people per ride.
Maybe the great Pixar Movie Ride. Incorporate scenes from a bunch of Pixar films. Then it could be the start of Pixar Place;)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Tisk tisk tisk..

What would be even better is if they put something into Wonders of Life Building instead of replacing an existing attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What would be even better is if they put something into Wonders of Life Building instead of replacing an existing attraction.

While I totally agree with you, I personally believe they should fix the outdated attractions that currently exist and THEN add something totally new. But that's my way of viewing the process .-.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really don't understand the need to close Soarin for 6 months. If the new theater is built behind the existing ones, which would make the most sense, I imaging they would just branch of the current queue and have the new theater be for standby and the two existing theaters for Fastpass. After the new one open they could close the other one by one to convert them to digital, this would allow for zero down time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really don't understand the need to close Soarin for 6 months. If the new theater is built behind the existing ones, which would make the most sense, I imaging they would just branch of the current queue and have the new theater be for standby and the two existing theaters for Fastpass. After the new one open they could close the other one by one to convert them to digital, this would allow for zero down time.
I thought that was the original rumor. Once the new theater is ready each one closes one at a time to upgrade and add the new film. Seems like a reasonable plan.

Clamman73

Yes...that way there will still be two up at the same time - otherwise guest relations better be prepared...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought that was the original rumor. Once the new theater is ready each one closes one at a time to upgrade and add the new film. Seems like a reasonable plan.

I don't know if anyone really knew the plan, but this way makes the most sense, of course current management hasn't always done things that make sense. I don't think having Frozen open will help matters and it could even make things worse by bringing more people into the park who may end up wanting to ride Soarin when they are there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't know if anyone really knew the plan, but this way makes the most sense, of course current management hasn't always done things that make sense. I don't think having Frozen open will help matters and it could even make things worse by bringing more people into the park who may end up wanting to ride Soarin when they are there.
Agreed. Frozen won't have enough capacity to meet it's own demand. There is no way it can absorb additional guests from Soarin being closed (especially during busy times).

WDWFantasmicFan

That is what I had heard from other sources too - even if they only had one theatre operational, it would be better than none. Imagine the demand on Test Track if Soarin' closes for 6 months! Maybe close the whole attraction for a week or two to accommodate changing the queue etc.

Kamikaze

Is it possible that with this and (especially - due to the layout) the rumor of the third track for TSM, they would make the new theaters the 'Fastpass only' theater/track? I know they don't have to really do this for Soarin', but with the current TSM layout, a third track would essentially be completely separate from the other two.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is it possible that with this and (especially - due to the layout) the rumor of the third track for TSM, they would make the new theaters the 'Fastpass only' theater/track? I know they don't have to really do this for Soarin', but with the current TSM layout, a third track would essentially be completely separate from the other two.
I think it will be the other way around. 2/3 of capacity to FP and 1/3 to standby. The new track and theater could be standby only.

Unplugged

That's the crazy thing about this. While I know they're trying to be as cheap as possible while increasing capacity, the new building could easily be the same design they have with 2 theaters, not just 1. This would allow the queue to be manage the same way as with Mission: Space, split to 4 as required. I also hope their use of digital technology supports the randomization of scenes as they do with ST2.0. If they're going through all the trouble to upgrade, why not add the element of repeatability. It's a great ride now and will most likely remain packed even with the new theater(s) long into the future, so why not add plus it beyond expectations without excessive costs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom